-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife and I took the jab only to get into Canada. We STILL need to be tested within 72 hours of crossing (attempting to cross) the border.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

GB1

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Just got back from a short hunting trip to Canada. Easy as could be. Yea, I got vaccinated. Went to Walgreens drug for a free drive through COVID test about 2 1/2 day before we planned to enter. Actually had my negative result emailed to me in an hour. It was a NAAT test so it met the Canada requirements. Did the ArriveCAN thing and entry was a breeze. We were at the border for about 15 min total, including time to go in with our firearms forms.

One other issue that COULD have been a problem: Canada reserves the right to do random testing at the border and force a 14 day quarantine if the test is later found to be positive. This would have been catastrophic for us, as several of us had firm dates for return to work or school. Does anyone know if this random testing is being done?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
My wife and I took the jab only to get into Canada. We STILL need to be tested within 72 hours of crossing (attempting to cross) the border.

If you’d only been a wetback crossing the Southern Border you wouldn’t have needed any of that crap. 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by WMR
Just got back from a short hunting trip to Canada. Easy as could be. Yea, I got vaccinated. Went to Walgreens drug for a free drive through COVID test about 2 1/2 day before we planned to enter. Actually had my negative result emailed to me in an hour. It was a NAAT test so it met the Canada requirements. Did the ArriveCAN thing and entry was a breeze. We were at the border for about 15 min total, including time to go in with our firearms forms.

One other issue that COULD have been a problem: Canada reserves the right to do random testing at the border and force a 14 day quarantine if the test is later found to be positive. This would have been catastrophic for us, as several of us had firm dates for return to work or school. Does anyone know if this random testing is being done?

I am glad that you had a good experience. This won't be with us forever. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Only downside of our trip was the bad drought on your prairie. All of the small potholes were dry. We could drive in places we usually throw decoys. Duck numbers were down at least 2/3. Please do your rain dance.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by WMR
Only downside of our trip was the bad drought on your prairie. All of the small potholes were dry. We could drive in places we usually throw decoys. Duck numbers were down at least 2/3. Please do your rain dance.

Will do!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
They are doing random tests on some American visitors. I would think if you test positive you would just return home. If you are an American citizen they can’t deny you entry back into USA no matter how sick you might be.
My landlord lives in Wisconsin and has attempted to cross the border 5 times in the last 2 months—- he was denied twice and that was because nobody at the border communicates very well with the Thunder Bay Health Unit. They can’t seem to agree on which paperwork is nessesary.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by kkahmann
They are doing random tests on some American visitors. I would think if you test positive you would just return home. If you are an American citizen they can’t deny you entry back into USA no matter how sick you might be.
My landlord lives in Wisconsin and has attempted to cross the border 5 times in the last 2 months—- he was denied twice and that was because nobody at the border communicates very well with the Thunder Bay Health Unit. They can’t seem to agree on which paperwork is nessesary.

We had to enter our quarantine plan into ArriveCAN right down to the room we’d be in. I got the impression they’d be checking up on us. I wonder if leaving the country instead would cause problems for future trips. That solution would be far better than a 14 day quarantine.

Our entry was literally a breeze. The border officers were efficient and showed the same courtesy as always. I doubt we were delayed more than an additional 5 minutes for the COVID stuff. Of course we were prepared as well, and I think they appreciate that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

If you’d only been a wetback crossing the Southern Border you wouldn’t have needed any of that crap. 😜

THAT is my favorite thing to say. Fornicate BIDEN.............

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll be a happier man when all this Marley is over!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
And yet the mortality rate is screeching along at less than .5%.......sky is falling............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We got our tests done today, got all the Arrive Canada paperwork completed. We got our QR codes and printed them. Now all we have to do is wait for the test results.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am needing to deliver a Labrador Retriever to a friend in Alberta. He has told me of an unmanned unpaved road we can meet on at the border. What would stop someone like me from driving on in?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Hastings, probably nothing...until ya get caught.

Lets all know how it works out, if it works out..lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eric123
Hastings, probably nothing...until ya get caught.

Lets all know how it works out, if it works out..lol

Any idea on how Canada handles sneak ins from the USA? If I decide to come on in uninvited I believe I'll come in my 2005 Toyota with almost 300,000 on it. That's miles not KMs. In case they hold the truck hostage.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The US has the border monitored, the whole thing from what I understand. . Then they share the information .It is possible to met at a border crossing, they were doing that at the Peace Arch on the Washington BC border.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We got everything done, What a load off our minds. The trip WILL begin later today. I am having a hard time believing it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Most excellent news !!!

I'll look for the thread, soon,

smile

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Most excellent news !!!

I'll look for the thread, soon,

smile

We'll do our best.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Fugg Canada, I wouldn't give them a dime of my money

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (300_savage, 6mmCreedmoor, artur, Backroads, 260Remguy, 8 invisible), 1,478 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,405
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.