VarmintGuy

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by callnum
And the trumpsters wept.

When the shooting starts you people will wish our eyes were clouded with tears.

I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...wboy_Guns&utm_content=20210722152847

The hard truth.

It's time for the Republican Party to begin disconnecting itself from former President Donald Trump.

This doesn’t mean the party should denounce the former president — that won’t happen. He’s too popular with Republican voters. But it does mean quietly removing the GOP from under Trump's thumb.

This conclusion is based on simple math, the kind with which one plus one equals two. Since 2016, the GOP has felt an obligation to Trump. After all, he beat Hillary Clinton. Republicans also felt indebted to him for championing their issues, appointing hundreds of conservative judges, and challenging the Left.

To pay that debt, Republican voters and elected officials showed fealty to Trump throughout four tumultuous years in office and his bumpy reelection campaign. They defended his most erratic behavior, even when it made them uncomfortable. They put their necks on the line to support his claims of a stolen election, even when there was no moderately substantial evidence to back them up. Here’s the bottom line: The Republican Party has paid its debt to Trump. It must now shift focus away from him and the 2020 election, an election they lost, and concentrate on 2022 and 2024, elections they can win.

There is no better proof than the two Senate runoffs in Georgia. Republican incumbents were positioned to win both but got tangled up in Trump’s personal politics and were defeated. The ramifications have been enormous: Senate control went to the Democrats. Sometimes, politics ain’t beanbag.

Republicans have a chance at regaining a U.S. House majority next year and a longer, but possible, shot at taking over the Senate. To do either, the party needs to strengthen its appeal beyond Trump’s base. Specifically, it needs to do better with independents, suburban women, and voters with college degrees. For example, Trump’s negative rating among college-educated white women is 62%, based on a recent YouGov poll. That’s heavy baggage to carry.

While it may be good politics for Republicans in pro-Trump states and districts to run as the "Trump candidate," that strategy is less likely to work in battleground states — from Pennsylvania to Arizona, North Carolina to Michigan, New Hampshire to Wisconsin — where independents can tip the balance.

Let’s not forget that Trump won the White House by beating Clinton among independents by a 4-point margin. Four years later, he lost the White House by losing independents to Joe Biden by 13 points.

If Democrats think they can hold Congress with only the votes of their party’s left-leaning base, that will prove to be as wrong as Republicans who think they can win back Congress with only votes from Trump’s populist-right base. Ultimately, cross-pressured voters who dislike Democrats and Republicans, Biden and Trump, will determine which side wins.

Republicans need to be mindful that some of the candidates Trump will be pushing in the 2022 primaries aren’t always the strongest possible contenders against Democrats in the general election.

To triumph in 2024, the Republican presidential nominee needs to offer new policies built on facts and well-thought-out reform ideas. Trump can’t do that. A new face can. A recent poll conducted by the Republican firm Fabrizio, Lee & Associates finds that 53% of GOP voters have some resistance to renominating Trump in 2024, even though most of them are strongly favorable toward him. Trump led the field of possible Republican candidates by a 47%-40% margin.

If the next elections are about relitigating Trump’s grievances, Republicans lose. Republicans win if the elections are about policies that work to their advantage. With Trump as candidate or kingmaker, he becomes the central issue. That denies conservatives a clean shot on issues important to them, such as border security, crime, spending, taxes, cancel culture, and possibly inflation and foreign policy.

That’s why Republicans, including Trump’s strongest supporters, need to remove their former standard-bearer as a distraction. Of course, it’s easier for me, a political independent with no stake in either party’s success, to make that case than it is for Republicans to actually do it. But if they want to win, they need to start disconnecting now before it’s too late.

And if they don’t? Perhaps these three words — President Kamala Harris — will ring a bell.

Ron Faucheux is a nonpartisan political analyst, pollster, and publisher of Lunchtime Politics, a newsletter on polls.

You're the problem with this country today.

I ain't the problem.

I'm not sure I disagree with the article or not.

Obviously I wanted Trump to win. (See my sig line). Also, I contributed more $$$ to his campaign than all other campaigns in my lifetime.

But three things I can say without disagreement (at least from anyone whose IQ is higher than 90, which excludes DeFlave).

1. You can't get anywhere if you don't WIN.

2. Trump lost in the swing states, unlike 2016.

3. We can't count on swing state voters changing their mind unless Trump, or some other candidate, gives them a reason to do that.

You see, I think the only thing worse than President Biden would be President Harris.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
And the trumpsters wept.

Like this?

This is what happens when you put your faith into a person instead of the Lord Jesus Christ.
An Evil Person at that.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Remsen
This is the key passage for me: "To triumph in 2024, the Republican presidential nominee needs to offer new policies built on facts and well-thought-out reform ideas. Trump can’t do that. A new face can."

That's the problem. "New faces" will actually be the same old faces that gave power to the left, like Romney, McCain, Cheney, Bush, etc. (the type of candidates that have run before and who people like AKPenis, a self described Republican, doesn't know enough about to decide whether he'd support them).

Trump was the only President in my life, including Reagan, who actually did what he said he'd do and did it to fulfill his campaign promise to make American great again.

If the GOP candidate in 2024 is the type of new face like the idiots who lost in 2008 and 2012, and who won in 1988, 2000 and 2004, I'll be sitting out the election.

Damn right.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

No. He won those states in 2020 too. But then you know that by now...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Tarquin
This is the key passage for me: "To triumph in 2024, the Republican presidential nominee needs to offer new policies built on facts and well-thought-out reform ideas. Trump can’t do that. A new face can."

That's the problem. "New faces" will actually be the same old faces that gave power to the left, like Romney, McCain, Cheney, Bush, etc. (the type of candidates that have run before and who people like AKPenis, a self described Republican, doesn't know enough about to decide whether he'd support them).

Trump was the only President in my life, including Reagan, who actually did what he said he'd do and did it to fulfill his campaign promise to make American great again.

If the GOP candidate in 2024 is the type of new face like the idiots who lost in 2008 and 2012, and who won in 1988, 2000 and 2004, I'll be sitting out the election.

Trump's narcissistic, juvenile behavior put Biden in the Whitehouse. Large numbers of white, male voters got sick of his immature, boorish behavior and said so at the polls. Trump giveth and he taketh away. Anne Coulter has been dead on on this issue.

https://news.yahoo.com/ann-coulter-blames-gigantic-pussy-224927277.html

You never voted for a Republican in your life.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The entire article is based on a fallacy. Widespread Voter fraud is the reason Biden is in the Whitehouse.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Trump is an arsehole, sometimes embarrassingly so...also he is a never back down fighter, I'm 75 and the he's first one in my lifetime...Trump learned the hard way that the DOJ, FBI, CIA, NSA Pentagon and a good portion of the courts are rotten to the core. Knowing how the deck is stacked against him...he never backed down. That mindset is priceless, we will never find a replacement unless it is some total maverick from outside of government that we have yet to hear of.
Faucheaux! Oh great beltway typewriter jockey, cocktail party prognosticator...show me your bona fides.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by hunter4623
The entire article is based on a fallacy. Widespread Voter fraud is the reason Biden is in the Whitehouse.

No, there are also a pile of whites like Tarqueen that are too fugging stupid to realize that systemic racism is not the biggest problem we are facing.

Prostitutes like him and Tim and Akdoosh are plenty happy with whoever is in power....as long as they get what they want.

Spineless, fence sitting, coward whores as Renegade would describe them.

.....and voter fraud.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
And the trumpsters wept.

Like this?

That video always gives me a woody!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
UHM!

NO!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

PREZACTLY !!!
Trump didn’t lose. The DemoRat’s and the Deep State stole the Election.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are either on the Trump train or you are sucking hind tit. There is no other person who put America first like Donald Trump. He may or may not run in 2024 but he is the guy to deliver the message.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by deflave

The hard truth.

It's time for the Republican Party to begin disconnecting itself from former President Donald Trump.

This doesn’t mean the party should denounce the former president — that won’t happen. He’s too popular with Republican voters. But it does mean quietly removing the GOP from under Trump's thumb.

This conclusion is based on simple math, the kind with which one plus one equals two. Since 2016, the GOP has felt an obligation to Trump. After all, he beat Hillary Clinton. Republicans also felt indebted to him for championing their issues, appointing hundreds of conservative judges, and challenging the Left.

To pay that debt, Republican voters and elected officials showed fealty to Trump throughout four tumultuous years in office and his bumpy reelection campaign. They defended his most erratic behavior, even when it made them uncomfortable. They put their necks on the line to support his claims of a stolen election, even when there was no moderately substantial evidence to back them up. Here’s the bottom line: The Republican Party has paid its debt to Trump. It must now shift focus away from him and the 2020 election, an election they lost, and concentrate on 2022 and 2024, elections they can win.

There is no better proof than the two Senate runoffs in Georgia. Republican incumbents were positioned to win both but got tangled up in Trump’s personal politics and were defeated. The ramifications have been enormous: Senate control went to the Democrats. Sometimes, politics ain’t beanbag.

Republicans have a chance at regaining a U.S. House majority next year and a longer, but possible, shot at taking over the Senate. To do either, the party needs to strengthen its appeal beyond Trump’s base. Specifically, it needs to do better with independents, suburban women, and voters with college degrees. For example, Trump’s negative rating among college-educated white women is 62%, based on a recent YouGov poll. That’s heavy baggage to carry.

While it may be good politics for Republicans in pro-Trump states and districts to run as the "Trump candidate," that strategy is less likely to work in battleground states — from Pennsylvania to Arizona, North Carolina to Michigan, New Hampshire to Wisconsin — where independents can tip the balance.

Let’s not forget that Trump won the White House by beating Clinton among independents by a 4-point margin. Four years later, he lost the White House by losing independents to Joe Biden by 13 points.

If Democrats think they can hold Congress with only the votes of their party’s left-leaning base, that will prove to be as wrong as Republicans who think they can win back Congress with only votes from Trump’s populist-right base. Ultimately, cross-pressured voters who dislike Democrats and Republicans, Biden and Trump, will determine which side wins.

Republicans need to be mindful that some of the candidates Trump will be pushing in the 2022 primaries aren’t always the strongest possible contenders against Democrats in the general election.

To triumph in 2024, the Republican presidential nominee needs to offer new policies built on facts and well-thought-out reform ideas. Trump can’t do that. A new face can. A recent poll conducted by the Republican firm Fabrizio, Lee & Associates finds that 53% of GOP voters have some resistance to renominating Trump in 2024, even though most of them are strongly favorable toward him. Trump led the field of possible Republican candidates by a 47%-40% margin.

If the next elections are about relitigating Trump’s grievances, Republicans lose. Republicans win if the elections are about policies that work to their advantage. With Trump as candidate or kingmaker, he becomes the central issue. That denies conservatives a clean shot on issues important to them, such as border security, crime, spending, taxes, cancel culture, and possibly inflation and foreign policy.

That’s why Republicans, including Trump’s strongest supporters, need to remove their former standard-bearer as a distraction. Of course, it’s easier for me, a political independent with no stake in either party’s success, to make that case than it is for Republicans to actually do it. But if they want to win, they need to start disconnecting now before it’s too late.

And if they don’t? Perhaps these three words — President Kamala Harris — will ring a bell.

Ron Faucheux is a nonpartisan political analyst, pollster, and publisher of Lunchtime Politics, a newsletter on polls.

You're the problem with this country today.

I ain't the problem.

I'm not sure I disagree with the article or not.

Obviously I wanted Trump to win. (See my sig line). Also, I contributed more $$$ to his campaign than all other campaigns in my lifetime.

But three things I can say without disagreement (at least from anyone whose IQ is higher than 90, which excludes DeFlave).

1. You can't get anywhere if you don't WIN.

3. We can't count on swing state voters changing their mind unless Trump, or some other candidate, gives them a reason to do that.

You see, I think the only thing worse than President Biden would be President Harris.

When has the republican party ever sided with the man? How many masks do you wear at a time and how many covid shots?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

No, there are also a pile of whites like Tarqueen that are too fugging stupid to realize that systemic racism is not the biggest problem we are facing.

Prostitutes like him and Tim and Akdoosh are plenty happy with whoever is in power....as long as they get what they want.

.....and voter fraud.

Election fraud. Not voter fraud, although there was that too.

You gotten pretty damn grumpy. I see sheep ownership is finally taking it's toll on you. I knew it would... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

.....and voter fraud.

Why are you so insecure? And a liar too. Systemic racism simply does not exist and I've never said or thought otherwise.

Tarquin
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

The hard truth.

I am assuming your phaggut a** is from I guess the north coast and have traded the dirty stick with AKpenFag and thus part of the problem!!!!

Last edited by WhiteTrash; 07/23/21.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Tarquin

Trump's narcissistic, juvenile behavior put Biden in the Whitehouse. Large numbers of white, male voters got sick of his immature, boorish behavior and said so at the polls. Trump giveth and he taketh away. Anne Coulter has been dead on on this issue.

https://news.yahoo.com/ann-coulter-blames-gigantic-pussy-224927277.html

You never voted for a Republican in your life.

Pathetic, insecure little liar.

Tarquin
Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

478 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 40 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,206
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.