Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Since DugE gave us take on his new scope I will give my impression of a March 2.5-25X52. Of course I compared it with my Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50.

July 14, 2021 93 degrees, sunny target. March 2 ½-25X52 FD-1 illuminated (23.9 ounces) and Bushnell 6500 4 ½-30X50 (22.0 ounces)

I adjusted them as well as I could on the optics chart 127 yards away. The March shows better color on the plants than the Bushnell, but not as good as the Leupold VX-6 4-24X52. I set them both on 25X. The March was barely better with both allowing me to see 4-1. 4-1 means I could discern the first group of lines on the forth scale. When the Bushnell was turned up to 30X it was barely better than the March on 25X. But it is max against max.

About 8:20 I set them both on the sandbags again to look at the deer antlers in the woods 131 yards away. The sun already went behind the hills to the west. The lowest setting for the Bushnell allowing me to see the antlers was 8 1/2X while the March setting was 5 1/2X. I couldn’t see them with the Bushnell until I found them with the March on about 10X.

The field of view in the March is HUGE!

This March is definitely better than the Swarovski z8i 3.5-28 I purchased and returned about a month ago.

By the way this March is not as good as one of our .com friend's who let me compare his with my scope. But then I have three of the 6500s and there is the slightest difference in them, also. As customers we usually get to use a sample of one and don't know scopes vary from one to the next.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
My March is the best Scope I own
I took it to my favorite Gun shop and 7 of us compared the March to other brands that the Shop had.
They had and Everyone said the March had better glass even comparing Scopes that were the same price.
I am very happy with mine and wish I could afford another one.

Last edited by funshooter; 07/17/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Add the fact that the March is dialer and gives you x25 at under 24oz and it’s tough to match. Can’t get myself to care about “glass” but I suppose some do.

100% Public land DIY!
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by funshooter
I took it to my favorite Gun shop and 7 of us compared the March to other brands that the Shop had.
They had and Everyone said the March had better glass even comparing Scopes that were the same price.

Which model March scope do you own?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter

Which model March scope do you own?

D80V56T 8--80 X 56 Non illuminated
I call it my Hubble Telescope.

At 100 yards set at 80 you can see the grain of the target paper.
I found that when i set it all the way up to 80 my hart beat and breathing shakes the reticle so much that I have a hard time holding it on target.
80 makes a great spotting scope
the highest I can set it is about 60 to to shoot.

When I took it to my gun store to compare it with other scopes. One of the salesman was looking threw it and would not give it to the next guy. We asked him why he would not give it up.
He told us that he was looking down the front of a lady's dress across the street inside the gas station.
everyone started scrambling for the scope so they could check her out. he was looking threw 2 glass windows at about 300 to 350 yards away and looking down her blouse.

We compared it to a High end Nightforce the cost the same as my March.
We set both of them up to the same magnification and everyone that compared them commented how the March had better glass that the same priced Nightforce.

I also have a Swaro. 6--24 X 50 with the TDS reticle. I wish the March had that reticle but the March still has better glass than my Swaro.

I would like to own another March Scope. Maybe some day I will.

Last edited by funshooter; 07/20/21.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
funshooter,

Your scope reminds me I plan to get one 5-50X. The plan is to put it on my 7RUMLN.

Everyday Hunter
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Ringman
funshooter,

Your scope reminds me I plan to get one 5-50X. The plan is to put it on my 7RUMLN.

I put mine on an Springfield M21
It really pissed me off when I was sighting it in for the first time at 100 yards and kept loosing the target and It took me quite awhile until I realized I was looking at the grain structure of the target at 80 power.
It was getting to be dusk and we were loosing light fast.
Most of the shooters were packing up and going home and looking threw the March it had more light that just looking down range.
I pulled the power back and let off 3 shots just before we could not see due to the sun going down.
I could cover all three shots with a nickel. Of course we were the only ones left at the range.

As my name imply s I shoot for fun not a competition guy at all so 3 shots covered by a nickle at 100 yards made me very happy.
I have taken it out to about 200 yards and it is dead on. Then I stopped going to the range because of not being able to get components to reload.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Same here about no competition. I shoot and hunt for the sport of it. The animals die for real and I eat them.

Everyday Hunter
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Same here about no competition. I shoot and hunt for the sport of it. The animals die for real and I eat them.

That is how I was brought up.
You Kill It You Eat or Use It.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

D80V56T 8--80 X 56 Non illuminated
I call it my Hubble Telescope.

At 100 yards set at 80 you can see the grain of the target paper.
I found that when i set it all the way up to 80 my hart beat and breathing shakes the reticle so much that I have a hard time holding it on target.
80 makes a great spotting scope
the highest I can set it is about 60 to to shoot.

When I took it to my gun store to compare it with other scopes. One of the salesman was looking threw it and would not give it to the next guy. We asked him why he would not give it up.
He told us that he was looking down the front of a lady's dress across the street inside the gas station.
everyone started scrambling for the scope so they could check her out. he was looking threw 2 glass windows at about 300 to 350 yards away and looking down her blouse.

We compared it to a High end Nightforce the cost the same as my March.
We set both of them up to the same magnification and everyone that compared them commented how the March had better glass that the same priced Nightforce.

I also have a Swaro. 6--24 X 50 with the TDS reticle. I wish the March had that reticle but the March still has better glass than my Swaro.

I would like to own another March Scope. Maybe some day I will.

The March-X 8-80X56 is an awesome scope. It is the highest magnification scope on the planet currently. I know of a number of F-class shooters using that scope. It's also a favorite in the Field Target game. There is no NF scope that even comes close to it. Or any other brand for that matter. It is build like an Abrams tank; it's immensely strong.

I loved your story about seeing across the street at the gas station.

There are many etched reticles for the 8-80X56, but I believe you have the simpler crosshair, dot or diplex reticle.

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
funshooter,

The March-X 5-50X56 is the first March scope I ever bought. I got one back in 2013 and mounted it on my F-TR match rifle. For the next 6 years, I used the heck out of it. It saw 20,000 competition rounds at over a 100 local matches, 6 nationals, 12 state, 2 regional and 2 Worlds multi-day competitions. It never gave me any trouble. I bought it with the MTR-2 reticle but in 2019, my eyesight had diminished (age) and I could no longer see it clearly. I sent it back to Japan and they changed the MTR-2 reticle for an MTR-5 reticle, which is the exact same design but thicker lines and it was great. I got a March-X 10-60X56 HM in 2020, also with the MTR-5 reticle and it now sits on my F-TR match rifle. The 5-50X56 is my backup scope now.

The 5-50X56 and the 8-80X56 are the exact same scope except that the 8-80X56 is a bit longer between the knobs and the eyepiece for the extra magnification.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm waiting on another set of Alaska Arms rings and bases. I mounted it on my 308 but it interfered with my bolt handle. Mine is a 2.5-25x hunting scope.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16penny, 64 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,441
Posts18,470,899
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.