-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's an update with Remington's response. The guns in the OP video were old production acquired in the deal.

https://youtu.be/1fdD_m5_pnw

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 08/01/21.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Saw some 870s at Cabelas yesterday that looked just like those in the original video.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
They haven't brought any higher end guns yet. I'm going to wait and see.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
The last Remington I bought was a 700 youth in .243. It was the ADL . We took it up north to shoot and it started snowing. We put the guns away, , An H&R single shot and the 700. We got home about 12 hr later and opened the guns up. The Remington had rust spots all over it. The Cheap H&R single shot was perfect. The 700 would get 3" groups at 100 yds. I could not get better. That is fine for 30 yd shots at Wisconsin whitetails, but go out west and 200 yds is a risk. I dumped the Rem. 700 for a Tikka .in .270 Win for my son and we get about 1" @ 100 yds with the Tikka with an avr. scope. A Redfield Revolution 2x7. . Much better gun and was only $100 more. Also, I cant believe they are staying in New York. They are giving tax money to the ones that would love to destroy them.

Last edited by ihookem; 08/01/21.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was done with Remington the moment I heard they were UMWA. I've seen enough of their shenanigan's first hand. Being a dues paying member of the Teamsters, it isn't a union thing, it's a that union thing.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Here's an update with Remington's response. The guns in the OP video were old production acquired in the deal.

https://youtu.be/1fdD_m5_pnw

Not an excuse. The new owners are responsible. They could have scrapped or reworked the product. Saying that a few just “slipped through the cracks”. Tells me they were now only knowledgeable of the condition but also negligent or didn’t care.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by TXLoader
I was hoping for a better return by Big Green. The quality control does not inspire confidence they will continue building on their firearms reputation. I seems, from my perspective, they are putting their quality into the ammunition production, not their firearms.

Just my $0.02...

Federal/ATK bought the ammunition business so it's entirely separate from what they're calling a gun business now. Ammunition quality should improve with Federal running the show.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think that their problems are from a number of things working against them. The Hedge fund thing with the bottom line and borrowing problems. Savage's encroachment in the market with cheap rifles. There are but a few ways to make your product cheaper other than redesigning it. You can quit polishing and bluing them. You can let your QC slip on things that really matter like bolt timing. You can go to cheaper wood like Spruce. You can go to injection molded cheap plastic stocks.
Staying in NY is probably a very bad idea. Even without Cuomo, it's still New York. When R moved to Atlanta they made some huge promises and couldn't keep them. It's pretty insane that the R&D essentially stopped decades ago. There's a lot they could've done to make the 700 much better and even competitive with customs, like a side bolt release, one piece bolt that's actually timed well and a better ejector like the mini16.

Truth is there are so many varying opinions of what people want it's hard for any manufacturer to produce something everyone will want. Years ago a decent well made Walnut stock, checkered and oil finished would've been a dream, now days not so much. Many like plastic, some laminate. many like camo or parkerized which is the bead blasted black finish (mimicked parkerizing) everybody likes to bemoan today;. Triggers! I've never seen so many things hanging off a trigger. Bolt release and safety but they worked if you don't slather them with WD40 and let it dry in there. They did make bad decisions by not fighting the fraudulent claims. once you pay you set precedent. Todays manufacturers have to make lawyer proof firearms printed with paragraphs of instructions on what not to do and still they get sued. Liberal hack Judges and stupid Golden Goose juries make matters worse.

It ain't so simple.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (2500HD, 160user, 01Foreman400, 300s, 2UP, 12 invisible), 1,623 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,624
Posts18,474,085
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.