-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Run it if I can - not scared to run e10 if I can't.

Ran the generator about 25 hours this weekend - no problems. Gets run once every couple of months - so it sits.

Me

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
If people are going to use e10 in small engines! Use a product called Startron instead of Stabil, it works better. My 2 cents!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here - I've never seen 91 octane have any ethanol at all.

Me

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Another vote for Startron

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Jeebus....like ethanol is a new invention.

I always cut the hard seats out and run leaded gas.

grin

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Well out west where I live it all has Ethanol. I have a Honda E2000, about 10 years old, a Yamaha 2800, and a Suzuki 450 King Quad, with 11 to 1 compression.

so I use premium in all of them, or at least have since 2007. One thing my Yamaha runs lean on the fuel I,m using, I need to drill out the main jet. I have a set of number drills

from my auto repair days. Anyway Honda generator are great, all I do is change oil , air filter and spark plug. EDM we went the other way and put hard seats in

when unleaded gas came out.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Well...thats because there is no atmospheric moisture in South Dakota...or Montana.

Furthermore....South Dakota and Montana are the only states receiving gasoline produced this century....apparently.

Dude, have you ever set foot outside Montana?

I can absolutely guarantee you that I have spent more time in Montana than you have in Mississippi or Florida. You don't know what humidity is. If someone wants to know about cow farts I'll defer to you, if they want to know about humidity then talk to me.

I don't give a schit what you run in your equipment, I'm just trying to help the guy not suffer the ass pain I've had over my 53 years dealing with ethanol fuel.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Well...thats because there is no atmospheric moisture in South Dakota...or Montana.

Furthermore....South Dakota and Montana are the only states receiving gasoline produced this century....apparently.

Dude, have you ever set foot outside Montana?

I can absolutely guarantee you that I have spent more time in Montana than you have in Mississippi or Florida. You don't know what humidity is. If someone wants to know about cow farts I'll defer to you, if they want to know about humidity then talk to me.

I don't give a schit what you run in your equipment, I'm just trying to help the guy not suffer the ass pain I've had over my 53 years dealing with ethanol fuel.

Yep...South Dakota is completely devoid of Atmospheric Moisture.

You guys must have gills by now.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
Here - I've never seen 91 octane have any ethanol at all.

91 is not top shelf. 93 is. At least here.
Anything under 93 is blended with 87 to stretch it.

Ethanol raises octane.

When we first started getting alcohol, they blended 87 into 93.
To lower it back to 93.
The basic stock was 93. Ethanol raised it.
87 added made it cheaper to buy. But still in spec.

All of ours is E-10.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Yup, they're just drowning there in South Dakota with their 20 inches a year precipitation.

I've had weeks with more than that.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Yup, they're just drowning there in South Dakota with their 20 inches a year precipitation.

I've had weeks with more than that.

53 years and you haven't figured out how to drain a float bowl?

They have drains on aircraft too......no ethanol in 100ll.

I am MAGA.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everything but my vehicles runs on EF. Furthermore, my boats get Sea Foam per the recommended 1oz/1 gal amount. All other small engines get half that amount. Always have generators bone dry, but good EF gas handy. Make sure to have extra plugs for generators.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I change the oil every 2 miles and my plugs ever 9 miles because of ethanol.

I once accidentally used ethanol gas in my motorcycle and had to use 18 carb kits to make it home.

It was turrible.....

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't know why or if the gennie motor is built anything like a lawnmower motor but I have a Honda powered lawnmower that has only ever had ethanol in it and I have not had one problem with carb fouling. My Onan RV gennie? Was a joke until I added a fuel shut off valve and run it dry when I'm done with it. No problems with it now.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the 2200 is half as good as the 2000, you'll be golden for awhile. We've powered our camp for 15 years with an E2000i and finally replaced the plug. Gas that sat in it- Alaskan/(Russian) gas which is probably E0, since I last ran it 17 months previously seemed to work alright....as did the gas in the two jugs I had also left then. Granted, none of it sees a lot of 70 degree days.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I run ethanol in all my two stroke engines with Stabil. some in the boat sits for a year. Generator sits for months. been doing it for 35 years with no problems. Stabil is the key.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by jnyork
I am going to buy a Honda EU2200i generator for my camper. Do I need to run this on ethanol-free gas?

Back in the 1980s I had a starting problem with a 200 Yamaha Big Wheel that I only used during hunting season once a year. I was told by the Harley/Yamaha dealership mechanic to run Amaco Premium gasoline in it....after that no more starting issues. Then BP bought out Amaco I had to buy BP Premium...it's a white/clear gasoline. I've ran it in all my small engines ever since and I've never had any small engine carburetor/fuel problems.

I have a Troy Built Generator and John Deere pressure washer that's going on 15 years old. If I don't use them I start them both once a year just to be sure they run. So far they have started in one or two pulls. A year or so back I drained both gas tanks put the gas in my truck and put in new BP Premium gasoline.

I had a small Coleman Generator I used when I boon dock camped to keep my batteries charged on my camper....eight or ten years ago I stopped boob dock camping where I hunt because I have a place where I can plug in my camper and get water along with the use of a bathroom.
A year or so back a buddy had his small generator stolen. I told him he if it would start he could have my Coleman....I know for a fact it hadn't been started in 6 or 8 years. I got it out...turned the fuel on pulled several times....nothing. Then I notice I had the kill switch on....next pull it started and ran like new.

I've ran Amoco Premium then Bp Premium for close to 40 years in my small engines with no fuel additives.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
It depends on the load you have on the generator. In Eco setting on generator I’ve gotten 8-10 hours on a 5 gal propane bottle depending on what I’m powering with it. The things I like about running on propane are 1) don’t have to worry about carburetor 2) don’t have to worry about the fuel itself going bad and 3) first thing you can’t get in aftermath of a hurricane is gasoline. Propane also burns cleaner. Yes you have a little power loss however to me it’s worth it. May not be to someone else but everyone makes their own decisions on what works best for them.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
My two Honda 2000 generators run just fine on regular gas that I purchase when I fill my truck. One of the generators is nearly 20 years old and has 1000's of hours powering lights and small appliances at our off-grid camp. The second one is less than 10 years old but has nearly 1000 hours of run time. Never a problem with either one, except for one broken starter cord. I add StarTron every time I fill the five gallon can and don't worry at all about the gas I use.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I let my Honda generator set for about 10 years with ethanol gas mixed with Stabil.

I was thinking the Staibl would protect it..... WRONG! That crap ate up the carb. and seals.

Bought a new carb, and have ran nothing but ethanol fee gas since then. NO problems now!

I learned a valuable lesson when I needed my generator because of no power.

Virgil B.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

157 members (300_savage, 3333vl, 1_deuce, 673, 450yukon, 264mag, 19 invisible), 1,999 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,889
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.