Print Thread
Hop To
H
Huntz Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I was thinking of the Burris dovetail rings and possibly the Burris 4.5-14 Ao with E1 reticle.The only thing is that reticle looks strange just hanging in the center of the scope.I don`t know if I would like that.Any opinions based on actually using said scope?Thanks ahead ,Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just swapped one of those scopes off my Hawkeye .223. For me, the scope gets hard to get behind at the top end. I may put it on something else and stay away from 14x, or I might just sell it off. The reticle ain’t my dream, but the extra aiming points can be helpful if you use their app on the website; better than popping caps and trying to dial. Not sure how well it does that anyway.

You didn’t say which 457, but for a sporter, look at Talley 11mm rings made for the CZs. Handsome and trim, and about as close to direct connect as you’ll get. Unless you’re planning on going long and need some slant, stay away from all those rail combos. Just more stuff to get loose.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Huntz
I was thinking of the Burris dovetail rings and possibly the Burris 4.5-14 Ao with E1 reticle.The only thing is that reticle looks strange just hanging in the center of the scope.I don`t know if I would like that.Any opinions based on actually using said scope?Thanks ahead ,Huntz

That glass sucks ass,no matter the reticle. Hint.

A rail is your scope's best friend,due ring spacing and everything remaining on the erector below zero,is 100% fhuqking USELESS. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

10yd parallax,etched reticle that means something,an erector that jives with same,40+ Mil's internal erector travel,10 more laying in wait on the windshield and I hear they can take a lick. Hint.

You've been led to water.

Just sayin'.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Huntz Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I just swapped one of those scopes off my Hawkeye .223. For me, the scope gets hard to get behind at the top end. I may put it on something else and stay away from 14x, or I might just sell it off. The reticle ain’t my dream, but the extra aiming points can be helpful if you use their app on the website; better than popping caps and trying to dial. Not sure how well it does that anyway.

You didn’t say which 457, but for a sporter, look at Talley 11mm rings made for the CZs. Handsome and trim, and about as close to direct connect as you’ll get. Unless you’re planning on going long and need some slant, stay away from all those rail combos. Just more stuff to get loose.

Thanks.its for a 22LR Varmint.Not the Varmint Target.I just want a scope with AO on it ,rather then a fixed parallax.Huntz

Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice wood on that 452.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Living Walnut is simply a series of concessions,less a stable approach and is hopeless. Hint.

Nip it and you just might have something. Hint.

Of course CM steel,is of a like ilk and worthless as a whole and yet another CZ Goat Fhuqk. Though their magazines,set the bar for Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

A S/S RAR blows ALL things CZ out of the fhuqking water. Hint.

Pardon my shooting it all and then some. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Different climate here, so wood works okay. I’m with you on the SS, have two now with SS metal and walnut stocks. Very fetching. Have a few that are nitrided too, one ML is nitrided SS, probably as good as it gets.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Raining now actually. Though in fairness,Kchuntz isn't gonna turn a lick. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've had good luck with the BKL's on my CZ's.

A really nice scope for these is one of the Weaver Classic V16's, if you can find one.

Good shootin'. smile -Al

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My is a 455 with a 22mag barrel but I have a 22LR barrel for the summer time.

I use 11mm to Weaver adaptors with tactical style rings, Burris and Monstrom(though inexpensive have proven to work well for me). Burris 4X 1.5-6x42mm scope. I run a Weaver 4-16 scope on it with the 22LR barrel.
\
Link to Adaptors

https://www.amazon.com/WestHunter-A...er+adapter&qid=1627666332&sr=8-4

Last edited by erich; 07/30/21.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

455 SS in factory walnut. Weaver V7 Classic RF in Talley low CZ rings

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I like a little more power than 6x for a nice .22. I have a Weaver V16 on my 455 American and it works well. I think the Burris 4.5-14x42 AO is a decent scope, the only issue I have is that the parallax only adjusts down to 50 yards, but that might not be a problem for you. Depends on how you use the rifle.

BTW, on my CZ 457 Varmint MTR I have an Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 but that's a target rifle.

H
Huntz Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I bought Burris rings and a Burris AO 4.5-14 X42 with BDC reticle for the CZ 457 22LR.Should work just fine.

Last edited by Huntz; 08/02/21.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,429
Posts18,470,760
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.