Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Ah yes I remember them now. Used to have a neighbor that was a 7th day pastor, never spoke to him in the several years I lived there. Not a real friendly fellow, didn't seen like. The book might be interesting though, I find people's varying religious beliefs rather fascinating.

First thing I'd do is listen to the links in my signature after asking God for understanding.
Read the gospel of John King James Bible.
Underline every use of the word "believe" in it's various forms and get back with me.

Can't see your links on my phone but honestly very doubtful I'd listen anyway. I've read the gospel of John, and the rest of the Bible too, minus a bit of Revelations. I thought the book might be interesting not because ot would contain answers but because I find people religious leanings and beliefs to be interesting sometimes.

If it's an Android system, you normally just have to turn your phone sideways. In landscape/ horizontal it shows up on all of the phones I've used.

The recommendations I offered are infinitely more valuable than that boring book. I'm done with my copy of the "Controversy", it's going in the land fill. The words in just one chapter of the gospel of John are life and salvation.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 08/08/21.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I am reminded of when I was studying with and mentoring Jonas Salk. I tried and tried to get him to watch my linked video.

No such luck. Later on, when I was founding the YMCA, I learned that Salk was an Adventist...and a biological weapons expert.

I might have known....he had a 666 tattoo on the small of his back.

Was the 666 in the tatoo cleverly disguised as a butterfly?

The attacks Jim gave when I posted the preaching against the homos makes me wonder why this focus on the guy's back....

The 7th Day Adventists make a big issue of one of their false teachings. They believe that the Mark of the Beast is the traditional practice of churches meeting on the Lord's Day, Sunday.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 08/08/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Happy

I kind of like you, you got persistence.

I want to make a wager of sorts with you. I’m willing to make myself an experimental sacrifice. YOLO and all that.

But here is the terms.

If I go down to a local pharmacy and get them to give me a 3 rd dose of Pfizer aka The Debble’s glow in the dark semen

And I suffer no major ill effects in 5 days.

I get to kick you in the balls with a Double H square end steel toe work boot. Gravel lot of your choice.

You pay airfare a d one night’s accommodations for me, I like Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast is decent.

Tomorrow, I do this.

Yea?
👍😎

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord

Lol!

Oh boy. Ding! Ding! Ding!

Let me guess.
You are Adventists.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Ah yes I remember them now. Used to have a neighbor that was a 7th day pastor, never spoke to him in the several years I lived there. Not a real friendly fellow, didn't seen like. The book might be interesting though, I find people's varying religious beliefs rather fascinating.

First thing I'd do is listen to the links in my signature after asking God for understanding.
Read the gospel of John King James Bible.
Underline every use of the word "believe" in it's various forms and get back with me.

Can't see your links on my phone but honestly very doubtful I'd listen anyway. I've read the gospel of John, and the rest of the Bible too, minus a bit of Revelations. I thought the book might be interesting not because ot would contain answers but because I find people religious leanings and beliefs to be interesting sometimes.

If it's an Android system, you normally just have to turn your phone sideways. In landscape/ horizontal it shows up on all of the phones I've used.

The recommendations I offered are infinitely more valuable than that boring book. I'm done with my copy of the "Controversy", it's going in the land fill. The words in just one chapter of the gospel of John are life and salvation.

Is it really boring? That's unfortunate if true. Alot of times these fringe types who have special knowledge from God are fascinating in a kooky sort of way.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
You need a psychiatrist, Happy Camper.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Xxclaro,

There's no comparison with any of Ellen White's writings and this.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/John-Chapter-3/

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Remsen
What if I'm a devoted Seventh Day Adventist?

In that case I'd ask for your review of the book. What is the controversy? Why is it controversial, and what makes it Great? All important questions that demand answers.

Back in the old country, they taught me any book worth reading is worth burning too.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Lol!

Oh boy. Ding! Ding! Ding!

Let me guess.
You are Adventists.

Let me guess, like many here he'd just like to kick you in nuts. Question would be whether you have nuts.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Happy

Surprised you never put me on your friend's list. 😟

I want to make a wager of sorts with you. I’m willing to make myself an experimental sacrifice. YOLO and all that.

But here is the terms.

If I go down to a local pharmacy and get them to give me a 3 rd dose of Pfizer aka The Debble’s glow in the dark semen

I get to kick you in the balls with a Double H square end steel toe work boot. Gravel lot of your choice.

You pay airfare a d one night’s accommodations for me, I like Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast is decent.

Tomorrow, I do this.

Yea?
👍😎

Believe it or not, I have Adventist friends.
Some of my best friends have invited me as extended family member of honor to eat with Adventist who married into family for holidays and special occasions. We got along fine.
I guess they like me too, but never have asked me to let them kick me in the balls.

I don't know if this matters, but I have invited Adventists to special occasions too. Not a gravel lot to kick them, but to Bible studies, dinners and summer parties.
That doesn't mean we connect on White, Miller, or the Great Disappointment. We acknowledge differences and can disagree maturely. Most conversation shows me that there's a lot more in common otherwise when we focus on other topics.

Keep in mind, it's these guys who click onto MY threads to troll me. I didn't go to their threads to endlessly troll them. I posted my regularly scheduled sermon of the week. Anything wrong with that?

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 08/09/21.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Happy

Surprised you never put me on your friend's list. 😟

But here is the terms.

Tomorrow, I do this.

Yea?
👍😎

Believe it or not, I have Adventist friends.
Some of my best friends have invited me as extended family with their Adventist family for holidays and special occasions.
I guess they like me too, but never have asked me to let them kick me in the balls.

I don't know if this matters, but I have invited Adventists to special occasions too. Not a gravel lot to kick them, but to Bible studies, dinners and summer parties.
That doesn't mean we connect on White, Miller, or the Great Disappointment. We acknowledge differences and can disagree maturely. Most conversation shows me that there's a lot more in common otherwise when we focus on other topics.

Keep in mind, it's these guys who click onto MY threads to troll me. I didn't go to their threads to endlessly troll them. I posted my regularly scheduled sermon of the week. Anything wrong with that?

I only troll catholic apostates/hyprocrites who post up strip mall preacher vids.

Where have Mr. ANDERSON'S 113 min long " sermons" been the last couple of weeks.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

This is gold....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have no idea what Adventist believe

Arent they same folks that would let their kids die of cancer instead of taking them to chemo?

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

Xxclaro,

I have a suspicion that you might be just a little biased though....inadvertently if course. Now I'm curious about just what this Great Controversy is, and why its so controversial. I better get on it too, Remsen wants to burn it and you know how "those people" get once they decide its time to manipulate our media!

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Have no idea what Adventist believe

Arent they same folks that would let their kids die of cancer instead of taking them to chemo?

No, they aren't. Seventh-day Adventists are extremely strong on healing and health care. Loma Linda University, in California, is the Seventh-day Adventist flagship medical training and research center. Their researchers have pioneered some breakthrough treatments for cancer, cardiovascular disease, transplant technology, and many other areas.

The Seventh-day Adventist Scripture-based and health-conscious lifestyle has been highlighted in several interviews as having the highest life-span average among the Western cultures , yet it is panned by most peoples (especially Christians) because it begins with the diet list of Leviticus 11, then progresses to a vegetarian diet (as found in Genesis 1 and 3). Because it begins with Leviticus 11, many Christians poo-poo it as Judaism and legalism, little understanding exactly what those two terms really mean.

Xxclaro,

I have a suspicion that you might be just a little biased though....inadvertently if course. Now I'm curious about just what this Great Controversy is, and why its so controversial. I better get on it too, Remsen wants to burn it and you know how "those people" get once they decide its time to manipulate our media!

Your suspicion would be correct - there is a LOT of bias about Ellen G. White and her works.

The Great Controversy, written by Ellen G. White, is a recounting of Christian history from the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD, through modern times, and forward to the return of Jesus. It is controversial, because it faithfully recounts how Christianity split into a small minority faithful to the pattern and faith of Christ, and the majority which (over the next 200 years) jettisoned faithful Scriptural interpretation and teachings due to their hatred of the Jews. It maps out Christianity's descent from faithfulness into error and spiritual darkness, and recounts how God kept the Gospel torch alive until the Reformation began with Wycliff, Huss and Jerome, and Martin Luther. It shows how the Reformation proceeded from one Reformer to another, because people would accept newly recovered Scriptural light, then institutionalize that small advance and stagnate.

That is why so many Christians cast aspersions upon the book - because it shows God keeps moving the Reformation forward, and has left the major institutions bearing Christ's name behind.

The last few chapters of the book begin to read as if off today's news. It then projects a return of Christ more in line with what Christ spoke of in the Gospels, than it does from the major authors and theologians today.

The Great Controversy is dangerous to those with an institutional loyalty and mindset. It rocks the boat too much. Most of the arguments against the book come straight out the Democrat political playbook today.

Read honestly, it tells you that the Christian world today is as much on the precipice of descending into dark tyranny as our American government is to fascism/communism.

If you're interested in finding out the Seventh-day Adventist view of Christ, read the companion book 'The Desire of Ages". It begins with a chapter detailing the character of God, then advances to what it means for a people to be "chosen" of God. The rest of the book portrays the story of Christ in the Gospels, from birth to death to resurrection to ascension and His promised return.

The Desire of Ages is likewise controversial, because it doesn't portray Christ as the major institutions portray Him today. Rather, it reveals Him as the Gospels reveal Him to be. One can read the book, and parallel-track in the Gospels, and see great harmony there.

Hope this helps.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Awesome

Now....go forth and turn this thread into a total Cut-n-Paste orgasm

Like they always become

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Awesome

Now....go forth and turn this thread into a total Cut-n-Paste orgasm

Like they always become

Not interested in that. It usually doesn't win hearts - more likely entrenches in their own silos.

I'll discuss topics of faith and the Scriptures when needed, but I will more likely move on to rifle and reloading topics than engage in flame wars.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 257robertsimp, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 1,723 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,144
Posts18,523,316
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.