-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a crotch rocket when I was 20 and noticed on the gauges that the thing red lined at 145 mph. Of course I was young and invincible so I had to test that theory. I could tell you two things for sure after that. 1. That dashed lines at that speed are solid, and 2. I would never do that schit ever again.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
12 ton pot of molten fiberglass came off the gantry at Johns Manville. Stubbs McNutt and was burned pretty bad. I seen it start to topple and I dove behind a rack of empty hogsheads.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was 10 at night, I was in my extended cab chevy at a stop sign waiting to turn left.
I see headlights rapidly approaching the stop sign to the left.
Instantly an enormous impact hits me right behind my driver's seat, the impact is so great that it flips my truck onto its roof, collapsing the roof and breaking out all the windows.
Change from my console rains down on me.
My first thought as I am hanging upside down is to turn off the key, I really didn't want to burn to death.
My wife is screaming.
I popped my seat belt and flopped onto the ceiling and crawled out the broken window.
My wife could not open her seat belt, so I ran to the other side, crawled in her broken window and released her.
She had cuts from the broken glass but was otherwise OK.
I suffered a few bruises.
We were lucky to survive that....
Turns out the dude was drunk off his ass and hit us at 60 mph.
I don't ever want to do that again.

Proud NRA Life Member
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by JeffA

A Tennessee teen practicing his surfing technique got upstaged by a shark last week, when the rambunctious predator burst from the ocean a few feet away and began a series of Olympic-style spins.

It happened Friday off North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, according to the teen’s mother, Kaci Allen. She identified the surfer as her 15-year-old son, Ethan, whom she calls “E.”

Her video shows Ethan’s surf board crossed over the shark a split second before it jumped from the water.
I didn’t even realize we’d captured the shark jumping up right after he pulled his feet up on the board!

I didn’t see this one until he was scrolling through videos! ... Seriously though, (as) soon as E pulled his feet up! ... We’ve seen sharks in the water before, but never captured video of one; they’re fast!”

The family lives near Nashville, Tennessee, but Kaci Allen is a Myrtle Beach native, according to her Facebook page.

It’s believed the shark was a young spinner shark, a species common off South Carolina that grows to about 6 feet and 120 pounds, according to Sciencing.com. Spinner sharks are not considered a threat to humans, the site says.

“This shark hunts by rapidly swimming upward into a school of fish while spinning and biting in all directions,” Sciencing.com reports. “It often breaches the water surface and spins through the air, which is how it gets its name.”

Pier at that beach was where the world record tiger shark was caught.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Motorcycle accident at over 60mph.
The teenager hits a flat bank head first.
He feels the pain, especially in the neck.
Everything is black.
"Is this hell???"
He's conscious and can feel the pain, but not see the light of day.

Eventually he realizes that he is literally impacted the hill so hard, it drove his head and shoulders into the soil.
He pushed himself out, and the front wheel was buried.
The tail end up.

The boy somehow survived.

You just never know.

It wasn't hell, but what is your destiny everyone?
You can decide for yourself tonight.
See the signature links.

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Had three tiers of a tobacco barn collapse on me when I was a kid. Got lucky, got a glancing blow to the head with a tier rail that knocked me out but didn't break anything. One of my ankles was caught between two collapsed tier rails and they had a heck of a time digging me out, but I was in la-la land for most of it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never had any close calls, glad you fellas dodged the bullet. Wait....uh....

OK, I had one. A7 zooming in to drop some stuff on annoying Dinks. The FAC had changed the attack path w/o telling us rotorheads. Snake lead screamed on the radio for me to dive right so I did. The A7 went by on the left close enough that I could hear it and see that the pilot had his visor up and wore aviator sunglasses. And he had a mustache.

I was very impressionable back then.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Motorcycle accident at over 60mph.
The teenager hits a flat bank head first.
He feels the pain, especially in the neck.
Everything is black.
"Is this hell???"
He's conscious and can feel the pain, but not see the light of day.

Eventually he realizes that he is literally impacted the hill so hard, it drove his head and shoulders into the soil.
He pushed himself out, and the front wheel was buried.
The tail end up.

The boy somehow survived.

You just never know.

It wasn't hell, but what is your destiny everyone?
You can decide for yourself tonight.
See the signature links.

You make up the darndest stories. Quite an imagination.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by auk1124
Had three tiers of a tobacco barn collapse on me when I was a kid. Got lucky, got a glancing blow to the head with a tier rail that knocked me out but didn't break anything. One of my ankles was caught between two collapsed tier rails and they had a heck of a time digging me out, but I was in la-la land for most of it.

Dayum son

We still have all the Burley racks and tiers (rough cut Poplar 2x4)nailed up in our barn. I can visualize what youre saying.

I have Mopar parts stretched across some of them now. Great racks for Road Runner and Challenger sheet metal.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10Glocks, 1234, 1badf350, 10ring1, 160user, 12savage, 68 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,302
Posts18,505,380
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.