Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hahaha

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It's like a Creedmoor, but with the wrong twist so it can only shoot light for caliber or horribly un-aerodynamic bullets. And in a long action so you can have a heavier, less capable rifle. And the wrong shoulder angle so you can get the joys of brass stretch and poor efficiency. And too much taper since clearly you're going to shoot it in a machine gun.

The .270 is the poster girl for cartridge design failure. It combines the numerous mistakes of the .30-06 with the additional mistake of the wrong twist rate.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
It's like a Creedmoor, but with the wrong twist so it can only shoot light for caliber or horribly un-aerodynamic bullets. And in a long action so you can have a heavier, less capable rifle. And the wrong shoulder angle so you can get the joys of brass stretch and poor efficiency. And too much taper since clearly you're going to shoot it in a machine gun.

The .270 is the poster girl for cartridge design failure. It combines the numerous mistakes of the .30-06 with the additional mistake of the wrong twist rate.

Idiot.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Do tell Bob… tell us what the intent of the designer(s) were and how they failed to achieve them. Additionally, provide the mistakes that were made with the 30-06 where they had specific design parameters and specifications yet failed to achieve them. Be specific about the design inputs and how they failed to achieve them since you know.
I am pretty confident that most cartridges were designed without your input or approval.

Last edited by smallfry; 08/21/21.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

I feel incredibly lucky to kill so many critters with such a design failure 😂😂

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

BWAAAAHAHA........... that’s hilarious!

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by M1Garand
The 270 has always been a hunting cartridge and it has a great track record. With my Supergrade, I have the 110 TTSX averaging 3536 fps and the 130 TBT averaging 3223 fps, both book loads with Hunter and RL26. I haven't worked up any 150s yet, but no doubt they'll be north of 3K with RL26. All with fairly light recoil and great hunting accuracy. Is it better than any number of others? No, but it's a great cartridge and it's easy for the eunuchs to hate greatness grin

Those 110 TTSX's are amazing out of a 24" 270 with Hunter behind 'em. Several elk. Several mule deer. Makes my 270 think it's a 257 Weatherby

ttpoz

in silvam ne ligna feras
(don't carry logs into the forest)
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Lame Brain just keeps on giving.

Who said, “open mouth and remove all doubt?”

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

For all the reasons you say it is a failure I can flip it around to be a positive.
Actually a 1/10 twist handles bullets that are heavy enough to get through heavy bone and muscle on Elk and Moose.
A longer action often facilitates smoother cycling than many of the newer short / fats.
Brass lasts a long time, 10 or more uses for the handloader is common.
Cartridge case taper is a good thing( and a gentle shoulder) in my book, it easier to extract a sticky case.
Oh yeah, and it has a properly long neck to ensure a better, more square ( less run out) bullet seating.
Works well with a 22" barrel.( so does the equally good 30/06 and .280 Rem)
My little old point of view, folks

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by aheider

I feel incredibly lucky to kill so many critters with such a design failure 😂😂

lol.....good one.....

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Good to see .270 fangirls are as sensitive as ever laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by gunnut308

😂

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[quote=elkhunternm][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I gotcha Elks but sometimes STUPIDITY just has to be called out.
I promise to try to do better, not guaranteed but try.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Damn, I thought I had you blocked. take care of that now

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good to see .270 fangirls are as sensitive as ever laugh

DO you somehow think this is 3rd grade ? That is your maturity level.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by jwall
[quote=elkhunternm][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I gotcha Elks but sometimes STUPIDITY just has to be called out.
I promise to try to do better, not guaranteed but try.

Jerry

It's throwing out stupid stuff to get a reaction, nothing more, nothing less.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jwall

I gotcha Elks.............................

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Ok, I'll keep an eye on you though. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Page 6 of 39 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 222Sako, 257robertsimp, 59 invisible), 2,283 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,497
Posts18,509,166
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.