Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2021/08/17/now-would-be-a-great-time-for-george-w-bush-to-shut-the-[bleep]-up/

George W Bush has issued a statement on the situation in Afghanistan, and there are not enough shoes in the world to adequately respond to it.

“Laura and I have been watching the tragic events unfolding in Afghanistan with deep sadness,” the Hague fugitive writes. “Our hearts are heavy for both the Afghan people who have suffered so much and for the Americans and NATO allies who have sacrificed so much.”

Bush tells the US Armed Forces, diplomatic corps, and intelligence community how proud he and his wife are of their “sacrifice” and “courage” and that they “kept America safe” and “made America proud” with their decades-long occupation which accomplished literally nothing besides making horrible people very rich. And, it won’t surprise you to learn, the statement contains exactly zero apologies to anyone for anything.

Can you believe this person? Imagine being George W Bush in the middle of August 2021 and saying to yourself, “I know just what people need: a pep talk on Afghanistan from me, George W Bush!”

I mean, the gall. The absolute gall.

This is after all the same man who ordered the disastrous invasion in the first place under the justification of the plot hole-riddled 9/11 narrative after already having decided to oust the Taliban a month before the towers came down. The same man who rejected the Taliban’s offer to turn over Osama Bin Laden in October 2001 if the US would just show proof that he is guilty and end its bombing campaign. The same man who repeatedly rejected Taliban offers to surrender after the invasion began. The same man who initiated decades of lies about what was happening in Afghanistan in order to justify an occupation maintained for power and profit.

And after all that phony hand-wringing about “the oppressed people of Afghanistan“, the United States is after twenty years of occupation leaving the Afghan people the single most miserable population of any nation on earth. After all that phony hand-wringing about “the Taliban’s war on women“, Afghanistan has remained the worst place in the world to be a woman throughout the entirety of the occupation.

And it is entirely the fault of the US-centralized empire. The Taliban only came to power in the first place because the US backed their predecessors (whom they also actively radicalized) against the Soviet Union and its leftist Afghan allies in the eighties, then Bush invaded and rained explosives from the sky for twenty years, killing hundreds of thousands of people.

After four decades of interventionism and two decades of full-scale occupation following generations of shocking savagery and terrorism being inflicted upon the Afghan people by the British, it is perfectly fair to say that one hundred percent of Afghanistan’s problems today can be blamed entirely on the US and its allies.

So now, as the nation reverts back to Taliban control after a long and sadistic intermission and many Afghans are so fearful that some fell to their deaths desperately clinging to departing US military planes, it would be a fantastic time for George W Bush to shut the fu(k up.

But George W Bush did not shut the fu(k up. Not only did George W Bush not shut the fu(k up, but Bush administration war architects like John Bolton and Paul Wolfowitz are being interviewed by the mass media for their opinions on whether it was wise to finally end one of Bush’s wars. Bolton was given a platform on NPR to tell the world that the withdrawal is a “catastrophic failure of American leadership” and that the US should intervene to oust the Taliban once again. Wolfowitz was interviewed by BBC Radio where he said he feels “deep trepidation” about the withdrawal and called it a boon to China and to terrorists everywhere.

Yeah that’s sane and normal. Hello I’m a very serious newscaster; now here to explain what’s happening in Afghanistan let’s turn to a Bush administration PNAC neocon who’s helped create mountains of corpses and who is literally always wrong about literally everything. This could only happen in a media environment where blatant war propaganda is routinely disguised as news reporting.

What the US empire has done to Afghanistan is unforgivable. Utterly unforgivable. Never forgive those monsters. Never forget what they did to that poor country. Never forget that the next time you are asked to support another act of US military interventionism it will with absolute certainty be based on lies, fail to accomplish what its proponents claim, end in disaster, result in many broken promises to all parties involved, cost trillions of dollars, and benefit nobody but the very worst among us.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Add John Bolton to that list too please.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The author is calling Bush "The Hague fugitive." That's right, he should have been tried at The Hague for war crimes. And VP Cheney as well.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I can't stand the sight of the cookie duster moustached imbecil !

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I cry when I think I voted for that dude - twice. Man have my eyes been opened in the last 2 years!

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I can't stand the sight of the cookie duster moustached imbecil !

I'll bet there are more than a few guys on this site with the same mustache. LOL

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OldHat
I cry when I think I voted for that dude - twice. Man have my eyes been opened in the last 2 years!

Compared to the alternative? That's the thing to remember.

GWB and others aren't perfect choices but they were better than the alternative.

Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Bolton and Wolfowitz as well. These neocons have been pushing for a Middle East war for decades. They especially wanted a war in Iraq. They tried to sell it to Clinton in 1998 but he wasn't buying. Got to give credit to Clinton for that.
Meanwhile, the dummy governor of Texas was telling his assistants that he was going to run for President in 2000, and that to be considered "great' you had to be a great war President, so he was going to have a great war. My God what an imbecile.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
The Talibums didn't offer to turn over Bin Laden. they said they could try him, in their territory, if the trial ws conducted under Sharia law.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Rumsfeld

He dedd

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Yet here we are hoping and praying that the same Republican Establishment that IS George W Bush and Dick Cheney, win big in 2022 and take back control of the House and the Senate, then take back the White House in 2024.

Funny schit.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Teal

GWB and others aren't perfect choices but they were better than the alternative.

Frankly, I don't think so. Would Algore REALLY have been worse? Hell, at least then, the Republicrats in con-gress might have stood up and opposed him, at least a little, rather than rubber stamp all of Bush's crap.

This voting for the supposed "lesser of two evils" is why you keep getting evil... and keep getting more and more and more evil.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by Teal

Frankly, I don't think so. Would Algore REALLY have been worse? Hell, at least then, the Republicrats in con-gress might have stood up and opposed him, at least a little, rather than rubber stamp all of Bush's crap.

This voting for the supposed "lesser of two evils" is why you keep getting evil... and keep getting more and more and more evil.

If Al Gore was in - we'd still be either in A-stan/Iraq or had another 9/11 at a minimum.

The only reason Biden's pulling out is because it wasn't a conflict started by a Dem. It's partisan. Al Gore gets us into the same wars, likely with less support and we'd still be there.

Me

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Rumsfeld

He dedd

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't forget the McCain's of the world.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
You can bet your ass Gore would’ve been worse. Bush was a twit but he was the only choice we were given. The GOPis who you should aim at. They’re the ones that put McCain and Romney up to run. We haven’t had a choice before Trump and we won’t again if they have their way.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rainshot
We haven’t had a choice before Trump and we won’t again if they have their way.

Absolute Truth

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Deep State actor, same as every other occupant of the White House back to Reagan. We finally got an outsider in Trump and look at all the forces combined to get rid of him.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The author is calling Bush "The Hague fugitive." That's right, he should have been tried at The Hague for war crimes. And VP Cheney as well.

Don't forget that SOB Dick Cheney.....

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Remember this bush was a Republican branded democrat he was probably pulling mooshels cock after obbamit finished they got along just great and all

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 1minute, 2500HD, 60 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,881
Posts18,518,198
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.