Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
No I’m gonna see where things stand next year.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sounds like a plan.. mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by woodson
No I’m gonna see where things stand next year.

Good idea.

When I returned from Vietnam, in early 1968, the first thing I did was buy a '61 Cadillac convertible, for $750 cash. It was beautiful, I needed a car to get to work, and I had sold my '56 Chevy before shipping out, not wanting to leave loose ends in case I never made it back. Of course that took care of most of the money I'd saved from soldier's pay and mustering out. So when, shortly after that, I decided to buy a trailer boat, just for fun, I wound up using the easy financing that was readily available.

It was a 17' Larson with (I think) a 100 hp Mercury outboard. Though it now sounds like way too little $ IIRC I must have paid around $2,000 for the whole rig. I had no responsibilities to anyone else and honestly was willing to have some fun at any price--Hell!--I had just survived 13 months in combat! Devil may care. I was young and not thinking of investments or what made any sense.

Now, more than 5 decades later, I know better and hope you will too. Good luck.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I paid cash for my last boat. Bought in 83. 2 years ago I wanted a bigger well equipped boat my dream boat. I was debt free at the time. I ordered exactly what I wanted. I financed it. Paid extra on every payment of a 5 year loan. Had it paid for in 18 months. I wish I had bought it 5 years sooner. I smile everytime i take off in it. I don't like debt but sometimes having things that give you joy are worth buying how you can.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wait till next year when boat prices increase by 10-15%. Makes 5-6% interest look cheap.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by barnabus
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by barnabus
Originally Posted by pal
One does not finance toys. Buy toys you can afford to pay cash for.

Shut up

You liberals just don't respect our 1st Amendment rights.

you busy body demon possessed baby killers are always telling people how to live. just shut up and mind your own business.

I don't take orders from biotches.

you take orders from your boyfriend when he tells you to bend over though dont u homo?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by K1500
Wait till next year when boat prices increase by 10-15%. Makes 5-6% interest look cheap.

No kidding. I am getting ready to order another new boat for 2022 delivery.I expect a 15% increase over what I paid for the same new one in early 2021.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It’s the same story with new trucks (if you can find one).

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by ribka
The used boat market is opening up and prices are dropping. d start looking seriously end of October.

I picked up a used Lund fisherman with 60 hrs on. the 115 hp Yamaha and a new Yamaha kicker. Just went water skiing , tubing and down rigging for kokes yesterday

Sounds like a nice outfit, you get a deal or did you get bent over. ?

major deal. Lucked into it. friend of a friend. Like most good deals, having cash to purchase when I showed up to deal helped. Threw in a bunch of extras worth around $1000 too

Last edited by ribka; 09/04/21.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sounds good ribka, I hope you get it out this weekend. Mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 09/04/21.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Get what you can afford, and don't let others talk you out of what you want!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
This is very interesting to read

From a personal side Yes I understand and personally live by I pay cash for toys. I have taught my Daughter the same
I think this is wise
I bought a new boat this year and it was really a struggle to get it I was scheduled to get it May and it got done just before the 4th of July and the second day out of the factory it was totaled on the way to the canvas shop. I took delivery Labor Day weekend I am putting it in storage with 6.7 hours on it really sucks. I guess this thing that keeps me from being too unhappy is I know the boat would be 15 to 20% more if ordered today. So I am early for next year

But I also see buddys of mine that have been worried about spending and have passed way too young and in the end it really didnt matter
Like I say I believe in owning things for sure but I am always torn. My Parents died very early I also have a very good friend fighting cancer at 49

But we are seeing increases on most all major items on boats for next year
Motors are going to continue to be an issue supply and demand and right now demand is way larger than supply
I work for the other guys, but Suzuki are very good motors and priced very aggressively here anyway they are the lowest cost supplier

When will we see a correction in the economy? Personally I was and am wrong I thought it would have been well before now

I wish I had the crystal ball many claim to have
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...Had a “local” dealer finally call me back on what it would cost for a Polar Kraft Outlander 186 side console, rigged with 115 drive by wire Suzuki and a galvanized trailer. $31900?...

Took delivery of my "new" 43' boat today, for less than that dealer quoted you for an 18-footer.

A 1983 model, it's all fiberglass with twin 235 hp Volvo diesels and a 12.5 kw Westerbeke generator. Carries 700 gallons of diesel, has a large bait tank and tackle center built in. This will become my home in the coming months, after I complete a few small projects. smile

Also a photo from the original factory brochure. And a photo of the sleeping cabin.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Looks great! Enjoy!

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Big boat! Grats.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks fellas. I've spent half my 77 years living on my boats, so this will be familiar territory.

Here's the view from the enclosed flying bridge. There are captain's chairs aft plus a large bench seat forward.

woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Something to be said for a life well lived. Well done sir.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Something to be said for a life well lived. Well done sir.

Thanks for saying that. I believe you do get it.

In the mid-'70's a midlife crisis led me to move onto my wooden 38 Viking (powerboat), which led me to a life of working on boats (I customize yachts). Though I missed the financial appreciation opportunity offered by being invested in a house, and literally threw a fortune away on boats, I feel blessed to still be active and healthy at 77-years old. And I must credit my life on boats to be part of the reason for this blessing.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

404 members (007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 222ND, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,030 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,875
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.