Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Originally Posted by navlav8r
All the guys that I’ve worked with since ‘93 are former Navy, Marine, Air Force, or Guard, aviators, etc so pretty health conscious, getting regular checks, taking care of themselves.

Last Monday there were four guys out with covid, two dealing with it at home, another in quarantine due to exposure from one of his kids and my boss who was in the hospital on supplemental oxygen. My boss got worse and was put on a ventilator in the middle of last week, took another bad turn Friday, I believe. Just got word he passed away earlier this afternoon. Early 50’s, good shape, strong as an ox. He and his wife were pretty much anti-vaxxers (sp?) so he had not gotten the shots. The other three had gotten the vax.

Get your shots guys; this $hit is real and it doesn’t care how healthy you are.

Sorry to hereabout your boss. Thank's for sharing. For those who are anti-vax, the excuses for not vaccinating are truly slim.

Not asking for any anti-vax comments here, Just do some deep soul searching & ask yourself why are you not open minded to one of the covid-19 vaccines. If you wish to discuss this, do not have that discussion here. Have this discussion with a doctor who has your best interest in mind.

Wish you all well!

Your passive aggressive comments are crap.

Maybe you should do some "soul searching " and ask yourself why you are open to getting a vaccine that isn't, was "developed" faster than any other, for an illness that is quite survivable.

Maybe do some real searching and ask yourself why they haven't been able to isolate the "C19" virus in a lab, which is the first step to creating a vaccine.

Telling people not to comment on a forum? Who do you think you are? I'm sick and tired of people who think they are somehow qualified to make decisions for others.

Everyone should be interested in finding out what facts they can, and make a decision for themselves.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Okay, you want to roll dice on one of the most unpredictable artificial viruses ever miscreated, go ahead. Killed my old man deader than snot (he was already 86 and had multiple comorbids) while I never felt a thing, but tested positive. You want to be a test pig for the long-term NEUROLOGICAL problems COVID is manifesting, if you want to chance being a "long-covid" test rat, all of which is a higher possibility than a reaction from a vaccine, ESPECIALLY if you've never had a vaccine reaction, then go RTF ahead.
Then you can be the one that gives us a new mutation from this gain-of-function disaster. Could happen. That'll be special.

I just think maybe it's my duty as a citizen not to infect anyone else. Do what I can so I'm not feeling fantastic while spewing death. It was bad enough when I had to back-trace 50 people and tell them I was positive the first time around.

Gosh, I hate the Chinese. And if people don't stop acting like idiots, we'll never get our revenge. Grow up!

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I've lost a couple of friends to this thing and neither was even close to ready for the nursing home. Both were still working. Decide for yourself which dice you want to roll, but if you get the virus, insist on early treatment. Only idiots think it isn't real at this point.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Unfortunately Dave,

it seems the present Administration, and most likely the medical portion of the last one, didn't have the same philosophy about China that some of us folks do.

I'm not sure revenge is an option, for at least another 3+ years.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
And some people thought your average Christian was holier than thou.

Hard to mind your business when the Dave Skinners of the world know you've been sick for a week and you casually decide to cheese-lip the drinking fountain....

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner

I just think maybe it's my duty as a citizen not to infect anyone else.

But the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting it -or- spreading it. Here's a better idea, if you're sick with strep, a cold, covid, the flu etc, stay home.

PS:

Dogcatcher = 1
Covid = 0.

Covid sucked, but swine flu was way worse when I had it in 2012.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Nearly a quarter million dead within three days of getting the shot.

That’s Bull sheet and you know it. A hand full of cases, sure, but what you say is nonsense. It all comes down to risk benefit ratio. My same buddy I spoke of earlier, just lost his 80 year old father in law to covid. The in-laws were both opposed to the vaccine because of “[bleep] they heard”. Do your own research but I would venture to bet that the vast majority on this website would benefit more than suffer from the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine (I prefer the Moderna).
I am not completely a vaccine promoter for everyone. I have not gotten my 16 yr old daughter vaccinated as I feel the risk is so small for her so the risk benefit conclusion is not the same as it is for me (ugly guy in his upper 50’s).
The one thing where I might give pause on the vaccine is if I was fully recovered from it. I think the verdict is still out on how long “natural immunity” remains strong, and what benefit the immunization provides to someone who has “natural immunity”. Best to all, but if your over 40, I would roll the dice on the vaccine rather than roll the dice on Covid, as we are all probably going to get it at one time or another. The question, is…. What will give you the best chance for survival.
ALSO, IF YOU GET IT, GET THE MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. BIG DIFFERENCE MAKER ON SERIOUSNESS OF DISEASE.

Words alone can not express how glad I am that you are not involved in any way in making decisions for me.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I am 100% convinced if they treated people that comes down with Covid when they first get it, the number of deaths with substantially decrease. But they don't want to treat them. There's no money in it. Not a 50 cents a pill. I'd figure out something, or some doctor to give me a prescription.

I believe that as well

Its 16 grand if you are admitted with covid, 39 grand if put on a ventilater, at least those were the numbers last year. Hospitals are getting rich from the kickbacks.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Fubarski
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Hilarious 😂

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
a friend of mine i have known since the 2nd grade has covid ,we in late 50's ,he never got the shot and has been in ICU for about the past 4 weeks ,he just barely hanging on

NRA Life Member
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope your other friends get better brother.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BigNate
....Telling people not to comment on a forum? Who do you think you are? I'm sick and tired of people who think they are somehow qualified to make decisions for others. .....
Rather arrogant I thought also. There's a regular over on the Canada forum going by Steve Redgwell with an almost identical condescending attitude toward those of us who would question the wisdom of blindly following the ''powers that be'' in their medical decisions. Both this aviator and Steve are promoting their ex-military status as if that counts toward their credibility. Personally I would rather get my advice from someone not trained to blindly follow orders.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Redgewell can sit on a COCK

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hastings
....Telling people not to comment on a forum? Who do you think you are? I'm sick and tired of people who think they are somehow qualified to make decisions for others. .....
Rather arrogant I thought also. There's a regular over on the Canada forum going by Steve Redgwell with an almost identical condescending attitude toward those of us who would question the wisdom of blindly following the ''powers that be'' in their medical decisions. Both this aviator and Steve are promoting their ex-military status as if that counts toward their credibility. Personally I would rather get my advice from someone not trained to blindly follow orders.

What rank of Game Warden were you ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I'm 100% convinced if they treated people that comes down with Covid when they first get it, the number of deaths with substantially decrease. But they don't want to treat them. There's no money in it. Not a 50 cents a pill. I'd figure out something, or some doctor to give me a prescription.

Most doctors will not prescribe the two main early treatments proven to keep people out of the hospital. They fear being destroyed by the medical establishment.

Real question.

How proven?

With a bug that only seriously effects <1% of those that catch it. And is only fatal to .2% of those who catch it. How in the hell can you pretend to know what cures it. 99% of patients will get better on their own.

All we have is anecdotes and stories. Show us the double blind studies.

With half the American population vaccinated, and with hospitals full of unvaccinated patients, we do know exactly how effective the vaccines are. And yes, nobody ever claimed the vaccines were 100% effective. Nobody ever claimed vaccines would offer lifetime protection.

Lots of people still die in car accidents despite wearing a seatbelt and even with airbags. Why don't we just remove both from every car in America?

We don't because they give you better odds of surviving an accident. Nobody ever claimed they were foolproof.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
That is a strange question in the context of this discussion, so I must think it is a set up for a follow up question. If so, let's just go to that question.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Hastings

Reichsmarshall.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
India

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I'm 100% convinced if they treated people that comes down with Covid when they first get it, the number of deaths with substantially decrease. But they don't want to treat them. There's no money in it. Not a 50 cents a pill. I'd figure out something, or some doctor to give me a prescription.

Most doctors will not prescribe the two main early treatments proven to keep people out of the hospital. They fear being destroyed by the medical establishment.

Real question.

How proven?
How proven are these 'vaccines long term, boosters are rolling out within months[not years].
With a bug that only seriously effects <1% of those that catch it. And is only fatal to .2% of those who catch it. How in the hell can you pretend to know what cures it. 99% of patients will get better on their own.
Exactly
All we have is anecdotes and stories. Show us the double blind studies.
Show the same for the vaccines then.

With half the American population vaccinated, and with hospitals full of unvaccinated patients, we do know exactly how effective the vaccines are. And yes, nobody ever claimed the vaccines were 100% effective. Nobody ever claimed vaccines would offer lifetime protection.
Plenty of vaccinated in there as well, many are getting a false sense of security.

Lots of people still die in car accidents despite wearing a seatbelt and even with airbags. Why don't we just remove both from every car in America?
Seriously?

We don't because they give you better odds of surviving an accident. Nobody ever claimed they were foolproof.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
I like and respect the OP but as somebody that’s dealt with COVID more than any of you losers, I can tell you it is not real.

Please elaborate, and I respect anyone's choice not to get jabbed. The conspiracy theory, tinfoil hat, it ain't real ignorance on this site is mind boggling.

Last edited by fishnpbr; 08/24/21.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 22250rem, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,491,995
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.