Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Hello to all my ‘Campfire friends. It’s been a rather interesting spring and summer for us but I think we’re getting back to normal. I had hoped to spend more time in my (new to me) Trophy 2352 WA fishing the salt but a string of “illnesses” had other plans for us. I won’t bore everyone with the minutiae but I’ll touch on the highlights. 😁 Some of this is new-news and some is old news.

Spring started off for us in Maui for 2 weeks where 5 days into our vacation my wife developed some abdominal pain. She thought it was a side effect of eating a lot of Poke and raw tuna so she’d take a naproxen and Pepcid and get minor relief. It didn’t get better but neither did it get worse so the day after we got home I took her in to the Clinic where she was diagnosed with a ruptured appendicitis. My wife didn’t look sick and her vitals (except HR) were of little help in the diagnosis. Upon admission her BP was 110/70 her temp was 99.8*, O2 sat 98% BUT she was tachycardic with a 100bpm and a significantly elevated WBC so she was admitted. They installed a drain and for 2 weeks I faithfully drained it twice a day, took vitals, etc. The day came to remove the drain and I expected that would be when they’d schedule the appendectomy but boy was I wrong. 😫. They told us that she didn’t need an appendectomy and that her chance of suffering from another appendicitis was the same as everyone else. I didn’t buy it but every time I brought it up my wife assured me that the doctors weren’t concerned with following it up. 2-3 weeks later she was back in the hospital for a temp >103*…..a real doozy of an infection this time! I was (and still am absolutely livid) so I don’t know what the future holds regarding their incompetence but I’m not finished with them yet. She spent the next 7 days in the hospital. During this time, with the imaging they’d performed, my wife was informed that she had a “bright, shiny foreign object” left inside her from a previous surgery. Trying to get any information from 4 or 5 different doctors, 5 or 6 PA’s or nurse practitioner and a couple handfuls of nurses proved fruitless. They ignored our requests for information and ran interference, undoubtably covering for whoever left it in the first place. That’ll be part of our follow up as we work towards getting the facts straight. My call to the chief medical officer was less than reassuring…..it appears to be a “top down” issue with a complete failure in the leadership. Covid seems to be a great excuse for not only our complete loss of freedoms but also the complete failure of any system of checks and balances or customer service/care.

About a month and a half later our 19 y/o son and his girlfriend got Covid when they went to Watershed and our daughter got it from her brother. They cut their 2 week vacation short and came home feeling lousy. They were sick with flu-like symptoms for a week and a half but slowly they recovered and are back to normal. When we first learned that we were potentially exposed to Covid my wife and I started taking Ivermectin dosed according to our weight, vitamin C and D, Zinc and a multivitamin. About 2 weeks after first learning about their Covid diagnosis my wife and I started feeling achy, tired and my wife lost her sense of smell and taste (I didn’t). Our symptoms were FAR, FAR, FAR more mild than our son’s. It’s my firm belief that our use of prophylaxis ivermectin and vitamins significantly reduced our symptoms. I’m the only one that hasn’t had a Covid test while everyone else in the house tested positive. My symptoms were very minor with the biggest issue being more tired than normal…..nothing too bad though. NONE of us have been vaccinated nor do we want to be yet nothing is being said about natural immunity?….that tells me that they don’t GAF about science, only CONTROL! Bastards!

During all of this my wife’s uncle, a Puget Sound Pilot and engineer for the AMHS (Alaska marine highway) called me and told me that he was done with rebuilding the mechanical systems on a 33’ Robert’s Trawler. It was originally built down here as a Bering Sea gillnetter (according to the documentation) with 1”+ thick fiberglass hull. The aft cabin configuration is perfect for a boat I’ll leave moored at our place up north since water and snow won’t accumulate on deck. At 15 tons it’s the heaviest boat yet for me but it’ll take far, far more water than I plan to throw at it. It’s going to make good quarters while we build and it’ll be perfect for me and a couple buddies to use as our floating and portable hunting cabin. We can access all of SE AK comfortably, safely and economically since she burns 1gph at 10mph. I’m going to have it hauled out and set next to the house while I install bow thrusters, a new electronics package with autopilot and refit the interior to sleep 6 comfortably. I’ll be buying a new outboard for my 16’ Boston Whaler which will be used as her tender, scout boat and fishing boat. If everything goes as planned we’ll take her up the inside passage next July making a bucket list, epic fishing trip. Stopping to fish all the destinations…..Hakai, Rivers Inlet, Haida G’wai, etc taking just under 2 weeks of comfortable traveling since the thrill is in the trip as much as the destination.

My wife and I are accelerating our plans to get out of here. Many of our friends (conservatives) have pulled up stakes and they’re leaving for greener, more conservative pastures. We just returned from our friend’s house (family by marriage) picking up the hens they won’t be taking with them on their move to Tyler Texas. Their son will be QB’ing for Tyler and they’ll sell their home here using the money to buy a hell of a lot more down there. We on the other hand will go north where we’ll carve out our own slice of paradise and where we will be an asset to the community that will be our new home. My wife has finally realized that there’s no future down here if you’re not a sheep and we AIN’T sheep. Our children will have a brighter future with endless opportunities up north while my wife and I can relax and enjoy the new adventures while we live where we once vacationed…..only dreaming of the day when we could make Alaska our home. We’re maybe a year away from listing our home because we want our daughter to be almost done with high school and her first running start AA degree and our son will be just about done with his electricians apprenticeship.

That’s my long-winded account of spring/summer 2021. Hope you all are doing well…..now if I can only figure out how to post pictures….😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great to hear from you! Glad you all survived the China flu! That trawler sounds awesome!

Get some pics up.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good to see ya back.

That’s a helluva run you’ve had !

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sorry for you troubles...
I will second the request for boat photos

I am glad your story didnt include being BobBrown...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Glad everything seems to have turned out okay!

Maybe you relax a little now that you're done 'vacationing'.

FJB & FJT
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad to hear you and your Family are doing well.

Missed your posts.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sounds like you're on the mend,Hope all works out with the Mrs.
Best of luck going forward.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Great to see you posting again, Ace.

Thanks for the report.

Since youre back maybe Rick can let a few CCP members go who you havent had the displeasure of getting to know.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
No way in hell I am reading all that, until later. Welcome back.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good to hear from you Aces, Glad you and the family weathered the summer. Pics of the boat Bud!

Sometimes life is tough but it's still good.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dang what a story.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like an epic adventure is underway. Congratulations, glad you are all feeling better. And, maybe one day, 8 years from now, you and the wife will receive a 7 figure payment, minus attorney fees from the hospital for f’n up and almost killing your bride.

🦫

PS

Glad you’re back.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
You're not one of the good guys anymore.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks gentlemen! I am glad to be back and strangely enough I missed this place. 😁. Through the years you get to “know” the personalities here and 99% of those personalities belong to good men with opinions and insight I value. I’ll get the pictures figured out because I OWE Kamo a post on the Stubbs world tour thread. 👍

I forgot to mention that at 51 years old I finally quit chewing (tobacco, not in general 😁). I started around 16 and chewed pretty constantly since then. It’s my only major Vice but since I don’t like being told what to do I figured I had better quit on my own before I was told that I HAD to because of cancer. I’m healthy as a horse but I know that chewing was one activity that could change that status so 2 months ago I woke up one morning and told my wife that’s it for me a chew….and it was, DONE! Knowing that quitting tobacco can increase ones weight I made a few minor dietary changes, I swapped milkshakes for homemade berry protein shakes and I dropped 10 pounds (exactly what I wanted to lose) in 2 weeks. Keeping my weight between 210-220 is where I like to be so at 6’2” and 215 I feel good.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Glad to have you back Aces.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Why wouldn't they just perform an appendectomy?

Glad you're back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Thanks gentlemen! I am glad to be back and strangely enough I missed this place. 😁. Through the years you get to “know” the personalities here and 99% of those personalities belong to good men with opinions and insight I value. I’ll get the pictures figured out because I OWE Kamo a post on the Stubbs world tour thread. 👍

I forgot to mention that at 51 years old I finally quit chewing (tobacco, not in general 😁). I started around 16 and chewed pretty constantly since then. It’s my only major Vice but since I don’t like being told what to do I figured I had better quit on my own before I was told that I HAD to because of cancer. I’m healthy as a horse but I know that chewing was one activity that could change that status so 2 months ago I woke up one morning and told my wife that’s it for me a chew….and it was, DONE! Knowing that quitting tobacco can increase ones weight I made a few minor dietary changes, I swapped milkshakes for homemade berry protein shakes and I dropped 10 pounds (exactly what I wanted to lose) in 2 weeks. Keeping my weight between 210-220 is where I like to be so at 6’2” and 215 I feel good.

I’m more interested in seeing pictures of you, instead of any dang boat.

Thanks,

AKPENDUDE

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Thanks,

AKPENDUDE

ps Dick pix preferred.

lmao

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Thanks,

AKPENDUDE

That's him in his avatar, taken during the filming of The Hangover.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad y'all are okay Aces. Good luck on your future endeavors. Thanks for posting your experience with COVID and what you did to combat it. I have enough Ivermectin here for all of us, just in case. No needles for us.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.