Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
It just looks like a Tikka with an oddly shaped trigger guard to me. Ugly? Subjective. Pride of ownership? Subjective. Does it function as it should? Objective. Is it as accurate as "they" say it is? Objective on a case by case basis. You want pretty? Buy the nicest Weatherby you can find. You want functional? A lot of the ugliest are very functional (Dodge, Glock, KLM, Carhart, Margaret Thatcher, etc., etc.).

I'd like to try one to see what all of the fuss is about. However (hypocrite alert), I don't see myself ever crapping out north of 1000 clams for one.
...............Yup. All subjective......However if I were in the market for a new rifle, I would shell out the $1499 just to challenge myself to see if I could get some 3 shot 1 hole groupings using the same factory ammo in the video.....Now that particular 3 shot group in the video may be an anomaly. But regardless, I have never seen a Browning, a Weatherby, a Winchester, a Ruger, a Tikka, a Fierce, a Christensen, a Bergara, a Nosler, or any other rifle custom or otherwise shoot a grouping quite like that.,,,,,With the right ammo, they all can come close or very close. But not like that imo.....

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
It just looks like a Tikka with an oddly shaped trigger guard to me.

Yea they are identical.( forehead slap again)

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Forgive me if I'm unimpressed with the accuracy of a 1600$ gun that looks like a lego when a 350$ Ruger American can do this with factory ammo. We only have to do it once right? Just like the video.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ky221

Maybe I should have stated "Subjectively speaking, in my opinion, it just looks "sort of like" a Tikka with an oddly shaped trigger guard to me". You know, so that nobody would infer that I was implying that it looks "identical" too or "exactly like" a Tikka. That's my bad. I forget that I am on the 24HCF. I don't think it's beautiful either (that can be inferred from all else I implied in my post). My apologies for not being more clear.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Forgive me if I'm unimpressed with the accuracy of a 1600$ gun that looks like a lego when a 350$ Ruger American can do this with factory ammo. We only have to do it once right? Just like the video.

.......I agree with ya. You have a good point. However that be a cloverleaf group not a 3 shot 1 hole group like in the video. And that Benelli has a few ergo features that the Ruger American does not have...All subjective with a price point difference of $1150 between the two. Setting aside the price and the not being a good looking rifle, no rifle imo will shoot that tight of a group as shown in the video. Some will come very very close though as your Ruger American did.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I agree the group is not as tight as what's in the video. However, there's an 1100$ difference in price like you stated.

Is the group of the lupo, 1100$ better than that of the Ruger?

I don't think so. YMMV

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I agree the group is not as tight as what's in the video. However, there's an 1100$ difference in price like you stated.

Is the group of the lupo, 1100$ better than that of the Ruger?

I don't think so. YMMV
.................Nope! I agree....Not an $1100 + better group than the Ruger. However, if one can afford it and buys a Lupo, there will a few "yuks" from the buds, followed up by some jaw droppin gasps after the shootin starts if that video is any indicator.....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Rlhunter0403
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Pretty freeking ugly and I even love accuracy. Maybe not that much though...

I agree that it’s ugly but that kind of accuracy out of the box makes me wonder if I could get past its looks. I’d like to shoulder it to see how it feels. I have a TC encore and those aren’t the best looking rifles either but I don’t think there is a rifle I like more than a TC when shouldered

The price tag is really what turns me off on that rifle. It looks pretty cheap and a lot of plastic too for that kind of money. The one plus it has is 5 rounds in the flush fit magazine. I also would not rely on one video to prove every one of them shoots like that. Although, if you like it that much, you can buy it, shoot it and report back here on how it does..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Also 3 shots does not prove a rifle is entirely accurate:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That is my least accurate AR^^^^ Anyone and just about every rifle can get lucky every once in a while. I also have a video of a 30-06 that I put 4 shots into the same hole with, but don't know how to upload videos. That rifle is very old, built off of a m1917, so it's over 100 years old. We could do this all day long, if we are talking about 3 shot groups.. One of the reasons I don't use them to prove a rifle..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
So we’re judging the precision of the rifle model based on just 3 shots fired by a self-admittedly mediocre shooter who is shooting in the wind, from a single sample of the rifle? That could easily be a lucky group, or it could be the most accurate rifle that will ever come off Benelli’s line.

Exactly^^^

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I'm one that thinks the Tikka, like your superlite, is a beautiful rifle.. A far cry from the rifle in the OP..

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I really think that if they could change the way that trigger looks I could get on board with its looks. Everything else seems pretty cool. The bolt handle kind of looks like an old Remington 600. The mag fits flush. Apparently it has a lot of adjustability, threaded crio barrel. As far as what I started this thread for, I meant that despite its looks it’s a shooter. Say what you want about it being a fluke and that a 3 shot group isn’t what you judge a gun off of yet every time any of us sell a rifle on here everybody jumps off with “how’s it shoot?” I’ve read probably 5 or 6 reviews and they ALL shot sub .5” groups. Doesn’t sound like a fluke to me. Personally I kind of like the rifle as it’s looks have grown on me (still think it’s kind of ugly) you don’t have to like it, but I think we can all at least respect a rifle that groups like that

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It's hideous. And lord knows what kind of incentives are passed along to write cupcake reviews... though "if you ever want samples of our products again..." seems like a pretty sure bet to start. Did I mention it's hideous?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
It's hideous. And lord knows what kind of incentives are passed along to write cupcake reviews... though "if you ever want samples of our products again..." seems like a pretty sure bet to start. Did I mention it's hideous?
...............Maybe Guns and Ammo magazine received some incentives to write some cupcake reviews too? Their reviewers very much liked the Lupo with consistent 1/2 moa groups. The only hideous thing imo as you call it is the trigger guard design angle. The rest of the rifle? Nothing hideous about it at all imo.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Beyond the trigger guard, IMO the grip is ugly (kinda Hogue-ish) and the molded in sling attachments are ugly too.

But aesthetics are subjective, as many euro-rifles demonstrate. Hell, some here think a SS Tikka is a beautiful rifle.

But I would not spend $1500 for a rifle I thought was ugly, banking on it shooting a one-hole group like the hand-picked sample I saw in a video.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every time I see one of these new rifles with detachable magazines, I think about others I’ve seen in used gun racks with a tag that says “No Magazine”, all the WTB posts looking for one, and especially the insane prices for obsolete ones on GB. I would think long and hard about buying anything like it unless there was a big existing customer base, or extras available right now. You certainly can’t depend on makers to support products they abandon anymore.

It’s oogly, but not terribly worse than some others. I would definitely want to handle one before plunking down those bucks. Maybe it’s a very fine-handling rifle, maybe not.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
about the Benelli Lupo but the thing shoots. I have read several reviews of this rifle and they all have said the same thing (more or less) "this rifle has some odd looks, but it shoots exceptional." Keep in mind I have no first hand experience with it, but that could change very soon.

One review that I read even said that "out of the box accuracy is the best we have ever tested." I believe that was Guns&Ammo. Watch the video below to see the grouping the lady in the video shot. So say what you want about its looks, its a very accurate rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbnAiZyrz4k&t=331s

........................In the you tube search bar type in "Beyond the Rifle."....There are 12 episodes 1 through 12 that thoroughly and completely break down the Benelli Lupo from stem to stern and soup to nuts; features, action, bolt, barrel, chassis, stock, construction, quality control, manufacturing, magazine, design, maintenance, the why's for this and why's for that..........I was wondering what about this rifle could justify a $1699 MSRP price point. $1499 in the US. Well after seeing all 12 episodes I found that answer. That price imo is well justified.

Now I know this rifle has less of a traditional design especially with its trigger guard and stock grip design. Many on here at first glance. "Ugly" "Fuggly" "Wouldn't show up to deer or elk camp with it." "Hideous" etc and etc.....I get it! I understand. All well and good.

However, the innovations and quality control that go into this rifle are not only outstanding but do exceed most if not all rifle makers. And the more I look at it, the more appealing it becomes. If any of you are considering this rifle as I am, then I suggest a viewing on you tube "Beyond the Rifle" episodes 1 through 12.

Especially for those who may consider one, episodes 1 thru 12 really gets into the entire gutts of this rifle. My interest will be to see if there will be more chamberings other than what is being currently offered now which are the 243 Win, 6.5 Creed, 270 Win, 30-06, and 300 Win. In one of the episodes a Benelli rep or spokesman said that there will be more offerings.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Every time I see one of these new rifles with detachable magazines, I think about others I’ve seen in used gun racks with a tag that says “No Magazine”, all the WTB posts looking for one, and especially the insane prices for obsolete ones on GB. I would think long and hard about buying anything like it unless there was a big existing customer base, or extras available right now. You certainly can’t depend on makers to support products they abandon anymore.

It’s oogly, but not terribly worse than some others. I would definitely want to handle one before plunking down those bucks. Maybe it’s a very fine-handling rifle, maybe not.
...........Pappy.........The Lupo can be loaded from the top without removing the detachable magazine.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Also 3 shots does not prove a rifle is entirely accurate:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That is my least accurate AR^^^^ Anyone and just about every rifle can get lucky every once in a while. I also have a video of a 30-06 that I put 4 shots into the same hole with, but don't know how to upload videos. That rifle is very old, built off of a m1917, so it's over 100 years old. We could do this all day long, if we are talking about 3 shot groups.. One of the reasons I don't use them to prove a rifle..
............BSA...Outstanding groups there.....You obviously have tailored your reloads to each of your rifles including your AR10 308............Now I kinda wonder what would happen if a reloader and Lupo owner were to tailor his or her loads to a Benelli Lupo firing reloads that rifle prefers the best....In the video the OP posted, factory ammo was used to produce that 3 shot 1 hole grouping. If groups are going to be compared, then imo compare the factory ammo grouping results in one category and then compare the groups for reloads in another........In that video I would have liked to see her fire another 3 shot grouping using different 30-06 factory ammo to then see what the groupings would have been.

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
about the Benelli Lupo but the thing shoots. I have read several reviews of this rifle and they all have said the same thing (more or less) "this rifle has some odd looks, but it shoots exceptional." Keep in mind I have no first hand experience with it, but that could change very soon.

One review that I read even said that "out of the box accuracy is the best we have ever tested." I believe that was Guns&Ammo. Watch the video below to see the grouping the lady in the video shot. So say what you want about its looks, its a very accurate rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbnAiZyrz4k&t=331s

........................In the you tube search bar type in "Beyond the Rifle."....There are 12 episodes 1 through 12 that thoroughly and completely break down the Benelli Lupo from stem to stern and soup to nuts; features, action, bolt, barrel, chassis, stock, construction, quality control, manufacturing, magazine, design, maintenance, the why's for this and why's for that..........I was wondering what about this rifle could justify a $1699 MSRP price point. $1499 in the US. Well after seeing all 12 episodes I found that answer. That price imo is well justified.

Now I know this rifle has less of a traditional design especially with its trigger guard and stock grip design. Many on here at first glance. "Ugly" "Fuggly" "Wouldn't show up to deer or elk camp with it." "Hideous" etc and etc.....I get it! I understand. All well and good.

However, the innovations and quality control that go into this rifle are not only outstanding but do exceed most if not all rifle makers. And the more I look at it, the more appealing it becomes. If any of you are considering this rifle as I am, then I suggest a viewing on you tube "Beyond the Rifle" episodes 1 through 12.

Especially for those who may consider one, episodes 1 thru 12 really gets into the entire gutts of this rifle. My interest will be to see if there will be more chamberings other than what is being currently offered now which are the 243 Win, 6.5 Creed, 270 Win, 30-06, and 300 Win. In one of the episodes a Benelli rep or spokesman said that there will be more offerings.

Yes my thoughts exactly! As I look more at the innovation in this rifle and how it shoots, the more it grows on me. I personally think benelli has hit a home run with this gun. I hope it sells well enough to continue the line. It’s kind of nice to see a rifle that has a lot of innovative ideas built into it, but can also shoot well. Who knows maybe benelli becomes a major player in the rifle biz

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (219DW, 1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 51 invisible), 1,715 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,108
Posts18,522,625
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.