Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You will feel so much better after therapy.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Springcove

Ha! Feel like I'm being set up for a surprise. grin

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Good luck.
Trying to make it through hunting season before I find out how fugged up mine is.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Get the PT or wish you had down the road.

Most likely the correct answer ^^^^^

+1

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'll echo what others have said about going to PT......I had a total hip replacement done in February this year. PT was a blessing! I'm still not entirely pain-free...but getting there. Us older folks don't heal so fast anymore.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're waiting until after hunting season?

Have a good surgeon picked out already?

Hoping yours goes as good as my two.

Unfortunately no. It’s scheduled next week. Good surgeon. Tried PT and it didn’t help. Still have lots of pain and restricted movement. I will be out of the sling 2 weeks when I head to Idaho for deer.

Good luck with the surgery.

Be prepared for the recovery is all I can say. Have they told you arthroscopic or open surgery? The former was a bit easier.

Have fun on the hunt...................and ...................

there's that thread that says it all. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You're waiting until after hunting season?

Have a good surgeon picked out already?

Hoping yours goes as good as my two.

Unfortunately no. It’s scheduled next week. Good surgeon. Tried PT and it didn’t help. Still have lots of pain and restricted movement. I will be out of the sling 2 weeks when I head to Idaho for deer.

Good luck with the surgery.

Be prepared for the recovery is all I can say. Have they told you arthroscopic or open surgery? The former was a bit easier.

Have fun on the hunt...................and ...................

there's that thread that says it all. wink

It’s arthroscopic. It should have been done last month but they were dead set on trying PT first.

If it’s as bad as some are saying I will hook up a trailer and stay in that. A real bed and all. I’m not staying home… Already canceled one trip because of it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a sneaky suspicion you're "tough".

But take the trailer anyway wink

Maybe a rifle in the lightest recoiling round you think suitable too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Do the PT, You won't like the surgery.BTDT

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I recommend doing the PT and using Ibuprofen or Aleve and Voltarin to reduce the pain and inflammation.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Last week I had a MRI done on my shoulder and today I went back to the doc to see what the damage was. Good news! Rotator cuff not torn, just sprained. Said most of the damage was bursitis, cause from 'old age'. Gave me a steroid shot in the shoulder and wants me to go to physical therapy. Haven't made up my mind if I'm going or not. I kinda figure working every day on the farm is about as good a physical therapy as you can get, as long as I don't overdo it, for a while.

Do the therapy.

That MRI doesn't sound surgical, think you can dodge that bullet.

BTW, you may ask those guys (and gals) what P.T. really stands for. Tell them you heard a nasty rumor that it could stand for Physical Terrorist.... shocked

Well, maybe not while they have you wired up to those electical gadgets than have knobs that can be turned up. Timing is critical...

Seriously, go.

DF

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
After all the 'go to PT' responses, I guess I should give it a try. Wont hurt to go a few times and learn what to do.

Skip the PT at your peril.

Farm work uses the bigger muscles. PT will work the accessory muscles, range of motion, and joint strength.

Good luck.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Ha! Feel like I'm being set up for a surprise. grin

You are , it hurts like hell, some of these guys a lying like coon hounds, if you tore your rotator cuff you won't be doing dick for for a long time, and as far as shooting a 30 caliber rifle or bigger is not even a thought !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Last week I had a MRI done on my shoulder and today I went back to the doc to see what the damage was. Good news! Rotator cuff not torn, just sprained. Said most of the damage was bursitis, cause from 'old age'. Gave me a steroid shot in the shoulder and wants me to go to physical therapy. Haven't made up my mind if I'm going or not. I kinda figure working every day on the farm is about as good a physical therapy as you can get, as long as I don't overdo it, for a while.

Do the therapy.

BTW, you may ask those guys (and gals) what P.T. really stands for. Tell them you heard a nasty rumor that it could stand for Physical Terrorist.... shocked

Well, maybe not while they have you wired up to those electical gadgets than have knobs that can be turned up. Timing is critical...

Seriously, go.

DF

DF, I hate to tell you but you're mistaken.

I have it on good account, from my many PT folks over the years, that the letters PT after their names stands for..............

Professional Torturer.

Licensed by the State even.

In it is contentment

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Do the therapy.

Seriously, go.

DF

DF, I hate to tell you but you're mistaken.

I have it on good account, from my many PT folks over the years, that the letters PT after their names stands for..............

Professional Torturer.

Licensed by the State even.

Ha!

That’ll work.

DF

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by victoro
"I will be out of the sling 2 weeks when I head to Idaho for deer."

If your just 2 weeks out of the sling you won't be going deer hunting anywhere.

I can assure you that I will be in deer camp! As far as actually hunting we shall see.

A good friend tried to go deer hunting shortly after he stopped wearing a sling and he could barely tolerate the 350 mile road trip to the deer lease. Riding on the ranch roads was torture for him. He didn't hunt.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"I will be out of the sling 2 weeks when I head to Idaho for deer."

If your just 2 weeks out of the sling you won't be going deer hunting anywhere.

I can assure you that I will be in deer camp! As far as actually hunting we shall see.

A good friend tried to go deer hunting shortly after he stopped wearing a sling and he could barely tolerate the 350 mile road trip to the deer lease. Riding on the ranch roads was torture for him. He didn't hunt.

If not hunting.................................take your pills..........................let others drive..................makes the trip WAY more enjoyable!

In it is contentment

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
My P.T. bud, who's treated many post op shoulders, says it take a year or so to recover.

I had a complete R.C. tear, couldn't raise my arm at all. Had it repaired and it did take quite a while to heal.

I sold my 10 ga Rem and my .404J, thinking I'd never shoot those big guns again. I'm right handed and it was my right shoulder.

Well, 5 yrs later, here I am shooting bud's 416 Rem, getting him ready for Africa. When he saw this footage, he suggested sending it to our orthopedic surgeon (same guy did his R.C. surg, and is a hunter).

I sent this link, complementing him on his handiwork. Watch my shoulder reacting to the recoil. Shot it a good bit, no issues.

Hit the mute button to hear the gun speak. This was at bud's camp. He built is up like that due to flooding.

DF

[img]https://i.imgur.com/H0EkQ2c.mp4[/img]

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I had a complete tear off of the rotator cuff tendon in my right shoulder. After surgery the doctor told me I had no restrictions on shooting, I shoot rifle and shotgun just the same as I did prior to injury.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
PT never caused me a lick of pain and I've had 3 rotator cuff surgeries. The last one at 65. No pain.

Just do it like the way they tell you to, and do it as often as they tell you to do it, and you will be fine.

Treat this like Job 1 and you will not regret it. "Otherwise" is not an option you want to chose.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

228 members (264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 31 invisible), 1,903 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,755
Posts18,476,354
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.