Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Amana

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Unless you spend several thousand bucks, they are all the same quality, which isn't great. We just got a Whirlpool 21.5 double door last November, and the veggie drawer has already broken. It is also noisier than our old fridge.

Last edited by reivertom; 08/29/21.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by add
Get one from Costco.

They'll take anything back...

... sigh.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
We are 8-1/2 years into our Whilrlpool 22 Cu ft. With only 34" I suspect you are going to end up with an 18 Cu ft refer. Very happy. One of the few items we've found that is worthwhile to get an extended warranty.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Last whirlpool lasted 15 years.

Got another SxS 25 cubic in. Whirpool.

Basically the same as the last one except no icemaker or water this time.
Amazing how much extra space in freezer you get with out all the BS.

Compressors are made in Mexico, have been for 25+ years.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Our LG has been flawless for eight years now.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Fridges are hard to find around here. Still very low stock and everything seems backordered. We just got a samsung, 1000 bucks off and lowes gonna give me no interest for 24 months....no brainer. Yes, I've heard bad reviews on some of these but this one had good reviews. We didn't want the ice dispenser in door, etc. Our ice goes straight into a bucket in the bottom freezer. Pretty cool, freezer has two sides, one can be refrigerator side if you want it to. We had issues with kenmore and a whirlpool gold, figured we'd try something else. Took 3 months to get after ordering it.

Friends sister is suing samsung right now due to a leak that ruined her hardwood floors.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jimy
Nothing fancy, there are only two of us, we need the ice maker, but that's about all, it has to fit in a 34 inch hole, a side by side with about equal freezer space would be fine, other than that, simple is better, who makes the best ones ?

LG , Whirlpool and GE...run like hell from Samsung

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by strikeu
Don't be afraid of Crosley.

my local appliance guy was pushing Crosley. I'd never even heard of them (other than the radio's from the 50's), He didn't mention the fridge but he said their washer and dryers were high quality.

My samsung leaked and ruined my hardwood floor. The lesson I learned is don't have hardwood floors in the kitchen. I am going to tile it this fall.

Last edited by KFWA; 08/30/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Whirlpool

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We've got an Amana with A bottom freezer, and no ice maker.

Had it about three years now.

Been going OK so far.

We had to have a smaller fridge to fit our "spot" in the kitchen cabinets,and this one is "just right"

Virgil B.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Find a 20+ years old one that still works and don't look back!

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I’m an appliance department supervisor at Lowe’s. I’d go with a whirlpool,Maytag or kitchen aide. Since you aren’t looking for fancy I’d go whirlpool.

My fridge is a whirlpool and my washer dryer are Maytag

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Put in over 100 sets of whirlpool since 2012 when we switched from GE. 30 appliance packages since March. Base package with glass top range. Not one single call back.
We have whirlpool gold series in our home.
Have had issues with Samsung, Frigidaire, and GE. Wouldn’t consider LG.

jackmountain;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust this finds you well and the last weekend of August was a good one for you all.

Between 2014 and 2019 I worked for or remained associated with a local construction and development company. We likely installed 3 dozen or so sets of GE appliances in the lower end or spec houses and then a mixture of Samsung and LG in the higher end stuff.

Some of the GE didn't work out of the box, but the boss didn't care as they were cheap and the place he bought them from would replace them. Somehow our labor doing the re and re didn't bother him as much as it bothered me - which is partially why I quit actually.

At this same time the construction and development company that my good wife has been working for for 32 years now was installing high end German appliances in their higher end homes - either Miele or Bosch - and they'd had enough trouble with theirs that they'd been eliminated even though we could have had them at cost.

Thus, when we were looking for a set of appliances a couple years back, we wanted to purchase US made if at all possible, as there's no more Canadian made ones that we could find. As well, our current situation where we live is there is or was then one warranty shop that would handle LG and Samsung issues for the entire south valley and it was an hour north of us.

Stories of folks waiting months to get their Samsung stove looked at, then waiting for parts, then getting them installed were standard fare.

In the end, we bought Maytag appliances directly from the shop who do the factory warranty work. We've bought from that place once in awhile over the past 30 years, it's a small family owned place and were always pleased.

So far, knock on wood and all that, the Maytag appliances have run perfectly.

To the OP, when we were doing our research on refrigerators, by far the most common warranty issue is a malfunctioning ice maker. That went for most brands across the board.

We opted to not have the ice maker installed on ours as frankly I'd rather fool with plastic ice cube trays than come home someday to 5 gallons of ice cubes on the floor or worse.

That very thing happened to us when we rented a place in Oceanside, WA for a couple of nights. We walked in to the start of a nice curling rink....

We cleaned it up, called the contact we'd rented it from and she wasn't surprised, so that says something too. Sorry I can't recall the brand of fridge there.

Hopefully all that was useful to someone out there.

Good luck on your upcoming hunts this fall.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by jimy
who makes the best ones ?

Not Samsung.

Bingo.

Only guarantee with a Samsung is that is will take a dump sooner rather than later.

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We have a 36" wide Frigidaire side-by-side basic model w/ice maker and water outlets through the door, 6 years old and no issues. Probably shouldn't post this, may have just jinxed myself!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Estate fridge, top freezer, made by Whirlpool, came with house I bought. Not a problem and its a 2000 model.
Only replaced the icemaker few yrs ago.
No complaints as it's still going strong.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We've had Samsung appliances for years and have never had any issues with any of them, our refrigerator is a side by side with a freezer underneath and it is a counter depth model. We did buy a new Kitchen Aid gas stove only because my wife got tired of the black top on our Samsung stove having to be constantly cleaned, it now resides in our cabin. That said, we are now looking at possibly getting a new fridge as we do not use the water/ice dispenser that is on ours, if we can't find another Samsung in the model we want we will more than likely look at a Kitchen Aid, Maytag or Bosch.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Icemakers seem to be the biggest problem in kitchen appliances. Nice when they work, but never seem to last more than a couple years if that.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.