-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"8. Dont brag about your safe or show it to your buddies. Word spreads easily. The wrong person at a diner or work overhears you have a fancy glossy safe , you may get a visit one night. Three of the highest security grade safes ever made, the Wormald 8000, Chubb Isolator and TRTL 60x6's which need expert teams and heavy machinery to crack can still be opened quickly if the owner has a gun pointed at his head."

This is my fear.
We have the safe hidden and very few know about it at all.
We also have a smaller very heavy fire safe out in the open with insurance papers and such inside, maybe they will be happy with that.
Told my wife if anyone is threatening her just open it, nothing is worth getting killed over.

We have a very modest small home. Not much bait for a serous bad guy. We do have numerous crack heads though and they are really stupid when they got the jones on but most of them are looking for the easy steal and easy sale.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My last house had a basement, I thought about building a walk in safe using a safe door with concrete block filled with poured cement. Worked through a few ideas then ended up moving. Just have a AMSEC safe now that does the trick.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most safes will just keep your average crack head out. Serious thieves are hard to stop. But in reality they want be trying to steal what few firearms I have. They think bigger. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by NameChanged4SecurityReasons

............We have the safe hidden and very few know about it at all....

All us campfire crackheads know about it now!

Names changed to protect the innocent....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blindshooter
"8. Dont brag about your safe or show it to your buddies. Word spreads easily. The wrong person at a diner or work overhears you have a fancy glossy safe , you may get a visit one night. Three of the highest security grade safes ever made, the Wormald 8000, Chubb Isolator and TRTL 60x6's which need expert teams and heavy machinery to crack can still be opened quickly if the owner has a gun pointed at his head."

This is my fear.
We have the safe hidden and very few know about it at all.
We also have a smaller very heavy fire safe out in the open with insurance papers and such inside, maybe they will be happy with that.
Told my wife if anyone is threatening her just open it, nothing is worth getting killed over.

We have a very modest small home. Not much bait for a serous bad guy. We do have numerous crack heads though and they are really stupid when they got the jones on but most of them are looking for the easy steal and easy sale.

My #1 defense(hope).
Our house is also modest, 1k sq/ft ranch.

In an 8 house development everyone knows for the fancy houses in it.
Talking to people, they never even know our house is here. It's overlooked,
looking at the big houses.

Why in the world would anyone hit this place?

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 09/01/21.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have Fort Knox and have been happy with it, Liberty is also a nice safe. Many different models with different levels of metal thickness. Like was mentioned, get a bigger safe than you think you will need as they seem to fill quickly.

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sturdy Safe.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,440
Posts18,489,455
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.