Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 39 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 38 39
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Considering that most animals are killed under 300 yards anyway, (like I posted earlier), all this fooferaw and balderdash doesn't mean much. It just doesn't make any difference whether it's a .243 or a .338, deer are gonna fall over when shot in the right place. That can come from anydangedthing with a good bore. Period, end of discussion. Why this BS has gone to 56 pages is stupifyingly stupid.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The 270 W, REVENGE ! grin

IMO it's long overdue! grin

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Considering that most animals are killed under 300 yards anyway, (like I posted earlier), all this fooferaw and balderdash doesn't mean much. It just doesn't make any difference whether it's a .243 or a .338, deer are gonna fall over when shot in the right place. That can come from anydangedthing with a good bore. Period, end of discussion. Why this BS has gone to 56 pages is stupifyingly stupid.

Only 29 on my device.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Only 29 on my device.

Bacon throat really thinks she’s onto “something “. 🤣👍

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
LarryO!!! Aka bacon throat!!!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I hear the same applies for the slope crew?? Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's always amusing to me how we can have these discussions, which can appear civil and interesting, but they eventually bring out the insecure guys that have to start to condescend, degrade, belittle, and insult those who have priorities other than their own. It really highlights those that are emotionally entrenched in their way of doing things, versus those that keep an objective point of view.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
You know, reading some of the previous posts in this thread, its almost like this thread is being used as a dating site for the Gay Creedmore Society. Anyone notice that they are so active now on this thread, when many of the .270 owners are out chasing deer? But we don't want them out doing real hunting because there's just going to be far too many wounded game from their match projectiles with gut shot game at 600 yards. They won't be shooting many deer at 150 yards as by the time they get their range finders out to measure the distance, look up the bullet drop chart for 150 yards then dial in their scope...the deer's long gone! So they just go to the range and shoot paper instead...and of course spend the rest of their time on the internet forums.

Funny, just how many posts do you have on this thread? You may be this thread's most active poster.

How many BG animals have you killed or seen killed with the 6.5 Creedmoor? Just wondering if all your arguing and condescending is based on experience, or if it's purely emotional and hypothetical? Your very erroneous and passive aggressive description of 6.5 CM shooters is laughable.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Well some are having a “discussion “, others are just being complete dumbfuucks… it’s always amusing, it’s the same Ol folks trying like hell to change folks minds, weather it be scopes, rifles, actions barrels, triggers, mounts etc. what taste does a guy have in women? What kinda trucks does a guy like? Change my mind… haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
It's always amusing to me how we can have these discussions, which can appear civil and interesting, but they eventually bring out the insecure guys that have to start to condescend, degrade, belittle, and insult those who have priorities other than their own. It really highlights those that are emotionally entrenched in their way of doing things, versus those that keep an objective point of view.

Pretty solid point. Killin ain’t that hard anyhow. It’s usually finding them.

Use what makes you happy.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Judman
Well some are having a “discussion “, others are just being complete dumbfuucks… it’s always amusing, it’s the same Ol folks trying like hell to change folks minds, weather it be scopes, rifles, actions barrels, triggers, mounts etc. what taste does a guy have in women? What kinda trucks does a guy like? Change my mind… haha

Wasn't referring to you, Jud. I know that you and 'Stick have your own thing, but that's not what I'm talking about.

A lot of what goes into our choices (whether rifles, cartridge, scope, truck, even the type of 24HCF thread you're interested in, etc.) is preference and priorities. So there's the subjective aspect. But there is also an objective element where we can determine and compare the qualities and attributes of a particular choice against another. I suppose I'm mostly drawn to the objective assessments and comparisons, and factual information, but I understand that other guys may come here to discuss preferences and taste. That's probably why some of us try to stick to facts and data, while others get emotional and take/give offense.

IC B3

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Exactly so. The only systematic statistical study of hunting rifle effectiveness that I know of is the South Carolina DNR study at Cedar Knoll Club. It found no significant difference among rifle calibers for deer hunting (.24 to .30 cal) but did find significant differences among bullet types and shot placement. And very importantly, it found that just a slight increase in the average shooting distance significantly increased the chance of missing the shot or not recovering the animal. Ave shooting distance overall was only 132 yards with nearly 500 animals shot. This is highly relevant to this discussion of the putative superiority of these new cartridges at 400 yards or beyond versus the .270. It suggests there would likely be no such differences at the much shorter ranges studied in South Carolina for deer, and that the shot miss/unrecovered animal effects would be highly significant at the long ranges claimed as the realm of ballistic superiority for the new cartridge developments.

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/wildlife/deer/articlegad.html

As with the ancient wisdom of Ecclesiastes, so too with rifle cartridges: there is nothing new under the sun.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It’s all good my Canuck brother.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Karens will RELIABLY cry easily and it is no "act"...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Next thing you know,their GrandKids are the wrong color and it's Poster time! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Nothing is more objective than Facts and Physics,which simply fuel them Woke Karen Meltdown Insecurities and oh sooooooo RELIABLY. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Stings,don't it?!? Pardon reality. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless their hearts for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by MSRifleman
Exactly so. The only systematic statistical study of hunting rifle effectiveness that I know of is the South Carolina DNR study at Cedar Knoll Club. It found no significant difference among rifle calibers for deer hunting (.24 to .30 cal) but did find significant differences among bullet types and shot placement. And very importantly, it found that just a slight increase in the average shooting distance significantly increased the chance of missing the shot or not recovering the animal. Ave shooting distance overall was only 132 yards with nearly 500 animals shot. This is highly relevant to this discussion of the putative superiority of these new cartridges at 400 yards or beyond versus the .270. It suggests there would likely be no such differences at the much shorter ranges studied in South Carolina for deer, and that the shot miss/unrecovered animal effects would be highly significant at the long ranges claimed as the realm of ballistic superiority for the new cartridge developments.

As with the ancient wisdom of Ecclesiastes, so too with rifle cartridges: there is nothing new under the sun.

Well I agree completely. Several of the guys I know that hunt shoot their center fire rifles once a year just to make sure their rifle is still sighted in. To them 150 yards is a long shot. Now supposedly here on this forum we are of thicker gravy and 300 yards is a chip shot for us. That study seemed to show the 25 caliber rifles were superior to smaller calibers.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Karens will RELIABLY cry easily and it is no "act"...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Next thing you know,their GrandKids are the wrong color and it's Poster time! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Nothing is more objective than Facts and Physics,which simply fuel them Woke Karen Meltdown Insecurities and oh sooooooo RELIABLY. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Stings,don't it?!? Pardon reality. Hint.

Bless their hearts for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

By the way laffin, the 7RM with the right twist and bullets makes your Creed cry like a whipped pup. Little dick ain't better.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's very true. And by extension, at longer ranges ballistic superiority helps increase the probability of an accurate first-round hit, a clean kill, and of a recovered animal.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

That's very true. And by extension, at longer ranges ballistic superiority helps increase the probability of an accurate first-round hit, a clean kill, and of a recovered animal.

That is a stretch, if a guy has trouble hitting a paper plate at 150 yards a more streamlined bullet is not going to change anything.

Dog I rescued in January

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat!! The last thing you need to “worry” about, is folks grandkids and others wares!! Just sayin haha

Now, ain’t it sumthin coop don’t have that beeg shovelhead that’s a micklecky trait? Wide spaced eyes, like you, lil Kim and her spawn… #whosmydaddy #shovelheadedmongloidclan

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

You are doing "GREAT!"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I enjoy your Imagination and Pretend,even more than you do,if only because it is soooooooooo "REAL" to you! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

In fairness,I've never shot anything in the .284" bore size,PLEASE "tell" me "more". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Crying Karen,

I was there and "luckily" you can "afford" to steal Splendid Pixels...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

No wonder you feverishly read my EVERY word and are THE perpetual Moth drawn to The Flame. Hint.

At least you can "afford" to "live" vicariously! Little Wuhan been outside yet? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Oooooopsie!

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Savage burn man. Ha ha and It thought only Texans were [bleep]. Back in the 70's I knew a guy that looked a lot like that. He was a total nutcase, actually had one nut shot off in Vietnam. The guy crazy or not had a collection of M1 Garands and loaded clips that would impress anyone. His name was John Ingram. We used to play the Rodeo song every time he showed up at the bar. "Johnny was a one ball man". He was a racist hardcore, hated Blacks. He got drunk and passed out one night so we decided to cure him. We found a willing Black girl who most certainly worked for tips to crawl in bed with old John, have his way with her or not no matter what we would see a Black girl leaving his room. He left pissed and none of us ever saw him again. Maybe he moved to the easy part of Alaska?

Dog I rescued in January

Page 29 of 39 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (163bc, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 1,789 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,106
Posts18,522,486
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.