Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
[Linked Image from uploads-ssl.webflow.com]

I received a call today from the North Eastern Sightron rep about us becoming a dealer. From what he sent to me they offer a wide variety of Riflescopes and they are made in Japan and the Philippines (which I was happy to hear). Not being familiar with their offerings I figured I put a post out and read the feedback from all of you.

So, Good? Bad? Me too product, nothing special or different? Worth becoming a dealer?

Please chime in and let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks in advance

Check out our new Just Arrived Section and our Latest Sales Flyer

We appreciate all the orders and support. Please stay well and safe.

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you. Always give a call to discuss options and what would be best for your needs

Have a great day & please follow us on Instagram at gr8fuldoug1 smile

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that we can assist you with please let us know.

Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I own an SII Big Sky. Fantastic scope. I don't think they are as well know as some other brands, but the people who own them almost always speak very highly of them. I'd say glass of that model is very close to Zeiss Conquest, better than the Leupold VX3s that I used to own. I haven't done any dialing with mine other than sighting in, but the clicks seemed accurate. I've heard very good things from other owners about the accuracy of the dialing, so I wouldn't be afraid to use it for dialing long range.

I also own as set of the 8x32 SII Blue Sky binos. They are amazing at the price point. I think you'll find they are constantly at the top of the list of recommended binos in the price range around here on the fire.

I'd definitely buy another, and certainly before I'd ever buy another Vortex, the current "hot" brand on the market.

Last edited by TATELAW; 09/02/21.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I’ve only got one Sightron. Made in Japan. Older illuminated 4.5-14 model. No issues.

They really seemed like they were gonna be the “big thing”, 10 years ago. Lots of internet buzz, then it all just sorta died down, and Vortex became the “big thing”.

Would be nice to see a large selection somewhere, with some folks who could actually answer some questions about them. I know they have some low-mid-priced offerings and some target scopes that could really fill the void left with Weaver’s demise.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I’ve had a couple and like them.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Good scopes. To be honest Doug I would rather see you pick them up than some of the me too Chinese stuff.
GreggH

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have two, they are great scopes, III-10x50

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Solid product line and a really good company in my experience.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like Sightron's stuff, but over the last few years they've dropped all the nicer hunting oriented scopes and offer only bottom-tier stuff for hunting. Anything resembling "premium" (it's all relative, right?) glass features long range and target style reticles and big knobs. I'd love to see the Big Sky line come back, they're really nice scopes, but nothing in their product line these days appeals to me.

That said, I just received a Big Sky scope back from Sightron this afternoon. I had acquired it somewhere in the last year and found that the parallax seemed to be diddled and the adjustments were very tight and difficult to turn. I sent it in on August 16, so turnaround was a little over two weeks. The deficiencies have been corrected and I am very happy with their CS.

Please tell them to revive the Big Sky series for hunters!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have been a Sightron fan for years, they always rated as great "bang for the bucks" scope.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i had one and kicked myself for selling it.as someone said a good replacement for weaver.

Ed

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I had one 15 years ago. Made in Japan. Only scope I ever owned that internally fogged on me. Called customer service and they said "send it in, we'll replace it". Damned if I didn't get a new scope just a few days later and I hadn't even sent the old one in yet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have two SIII 6-24x50 and love them. The tracking and resolution are outstanding. I vote to become a dealer for them, Doug.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another fan, sadly like most companies if they build something that is ust perfect for me they drop it from their line shortly, maybe that says something about me. I have one Sightron scope now a 1.5-6x40 S-II, I have a half dozen 1.5-6x40 scope of various manufactures and when I get in a slump coyote hunting I break out the rifle with the Sightron scope on it and pull myself up out of the slump..

Savage 10 22-204 Sightron II 1.5-6x40mm
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

When I traded a buddy a coyote hunting rifle for a duck hunting boat I put a scope on it that would work the best for him and he'd never have to feel that he got the short end of the deal I put a Sightron II 3-4x40mm on it for him, 20 yreas later he's still shooting the same rig.

Sure wish they would bring back that 1.5-6 with a German #4

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doug, I just took a look at their lineup. I wouldn't buy anything they currently offer. I am not a turret twister. I have two S-1 scopes. They are good scopes. I needed something from Sightron a year or so ago. I called them and found them very helpful. I got the sense that they were a good company.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by fburgtx
I’ve only got one Sightron. Made in Japan. Older illuminated 4.5-14 model. No issues.

They really seemed like they were gonna be the “big thing”, 10 years ago. Lots of internet buzz, then it all just sorta died down, and Vortex became the “big thing”.

Would be nice to see a large selection somewhere, with some folks who could actually answer some questions about them. I know they have some low-mid-priced offerings and some target scopes that could really fill the void left with Weaver’s demise.

Guess I need to revise my statement. Hadn’t looked at their website in a couple of years.
I see they’ve pretty much eliminated all their SI and SII offerings, with the exception of one rimfire scope. Looks like one fixed power “target” scope, and otherwise, the same “turret twisters” that everyone else seems to have gone bonkers on, these days. Ho hum.....

Guess their SIII Competition series fills a niche, and their S-Tac series seems to be priced well...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by GreggH
Good scopes. To be honest Doug I would rather see you pick them up than some of the me too Chinese stuff.
GreggH

I'm with Greg on this one.

I've owned 4. Still have 3. All were/are Japan made. They've been tough and never skipped a beat as far as zero retention and tracking.

I know that optics are built to spec and that common manufacturer might not be indicative of similar quality, but I can report that I've found Kenko stickers on some of the more highly regarded scopes available.

Last edited by Starbuck; 09/02/21.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Just looked at their site. Not much there for me.

Only 1 line with a 1" tube, only one 30mm line that has under 6x as a bottom end and even that has a max of 16x and 42mm objective.

Not much for us woods/closer range hunters who prefer less power in a smaller package.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have 25 SI and SII sightron scopes. I think that most of them are okay for the average casual hunter,

I particularly like the SIH 4-12x40AO for 17HMRs and light recoiling centerfires. The only Sightron scopes that I didn't like were SI 3-9x32RF rimfire scopes. They had the "cardboard tube" view like the Weaver V10 has. I liked the Sightron 3-9x32RFs that I had much less than the comparable Weaver RV7 and RV9.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Bring back the Big Sky line and I’ll buy more

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Sightron is owned by Kenko Intl and all Sightron scopes are built in factories owned by Kenko. One in Japan and the other in the Philippines. The STAC line are some of the best value scopes out there if you gotta have reliable for under $500. SIII line are all high power scopes. Sure wish they made something in a SIII geared more towards a typical deer hunting rifle. The STAC 3-16x42 can be had for under $350 and you probably wont find many variable power scopes that price that track as well or handle the abuse as well.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

429 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,655
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.