Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
If you decide on a Geiselle SD.

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/...e-16-5-56-nitride-barrel-prod141633.aspx

Use the coupon code and save $80.00 and free shipping (Luna black listed for $1,599.99 before the discount).

What coupon code ?

Look just below the header on that page: "LSA = free shipping on $200.00+. LSB = $30.00 off of $300.00+ and free shipping. LSC= $80.00 off of $800.00+ and free shipping"

Thank you. It didn't pop up for me. Will try again.

Retired cat herder.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I quit learning about those things when I turned my -16A1 in a long time ago. Thing that puzzles me these days is the fascination with short barrels. Velocity God smiles if you add another 4” of barrel and your ears might benefit a bit as well.

75 grain Gold Dots will give you expansion out to 300 yards from an SBR.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'd want 18" Rifle Gas and the LEAST amount of fhuqking Fluff. Mainly because I actually shoot. Hint.

AR's ain't tender,no matter what the Tinder Tribe tries to relate. Hint.

Get One On the Way RINK

Fhuqk it...buy (3) and dabble sighting systems. Hint...................

Wow....
Zippy discovered RobSki.....
And highly endorses PSA.
Line up per Zippys advice gentlemen cause if you don't, anything you have will never measure up to his.

Zippy you are absolutely da man.

Send in for your certificate ASAP man.
πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have had good luck with several PSA uppers and rifles in the past.

I have had a few heavy barrel rifle’s, including one with a Krieger barrel, over the years and for general purpose really prefer light weight rifles now.

Larue has an upper for 700. With their hundred dollar trigger and a PSA complete lower with shipping and transfer it will be under $1000 That should be a good set up for a lot less money than your other options. Their website states these are very accurate uppers but I don’t have any experience with them personally.

The last several I have done I put together myself. It was very easy to do with a few tools and I got to use the parts I wanted from A.R. 15 precision barrels, White Oaks LPK, ALG hand guard, Geiselle triggers, etc. They ended up about $1000.

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
For general purpose 16" fun, I really, really like my KE Arms poly lower with a 16 inch pencil barrel. Every time I grab the thing it puts a grin on my face. So much so that I'm tempted to put together another one just like it.

A KE Arms poly lower plus an upper with a decent 16" pencil barrel makes a super handy, lightweight general purpose rig imo.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone recommending PSA over a Super Duty needs help.

And I say that as someone who beats on a PSA 10.5" upper with a can and had no issues. Heck, 6920 beats the PSA all day, every day.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There are so many options. I tend to agree with BSA1917 hunter. Very few of us are going to wear one out. My biggest priority is a great BCG and barrel with a good reputation. I'm not taking it to Afghanistan with me and I won't be shooting it every day. I do tend to like the lighter weight rifles at this point in my life. Toolcraft BCG's and Ballistic Advantage barrels seem to be my go to choices. I guess my son and his kids will get to wear them out because I won't be alive long enough to do that.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by goalie

And I say that as someone who beats on a PSA 10.5" upper with a can and had no issues. Heck, 6920 beats the PSA all day, every day.

Whatsdamatta wid PSA?

Why is a 6920 better?

MM

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I bought a cheap little DPMS Oracle a few years ago, to poke Nancy Pelosi in the eye, not because I really wanted one. It has been 100% flawless so far. and last week I shot a group at 100 yards that went less than inch and a quarter, with some Hornady 60gr. Whitetail Hunter factory loads. Plenty good enough for most any purpose I'd have for it. I paid less than $450 for it at Rural King, too.

You don't have to spend a boatload of money for a reasonably good little AR. Locally, I saw some S&W M&Ps for $599 just last week, and they had a tall stack of them, Rugers were about $100 more.

If I were to change anything, I'd probably go with a free-floated barrel and maybe an A1 buttstock, purely to make it easier to shoot, not because it needs anything else.

For something to piss off the Dems and Fancy Nancy, it works fine, and shoots awfully well for a cheap little rifle..

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know a guy who shoots lots of elephants with extremely expensive big rifles. When he talks about ARs, he does Daniel Defense.

I just shoot deer with regular rifles and buy AR15s that only cost a few hundred dollars.

He says my guns will wear out.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Whatsdamatta wid PSA?

Why is a 6920 better?

MM

Nothing wrong with PSA. In fact, certain CHF barreled models may be "better" than a 6920, but not a Super Duty.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Whatsdamatta wid PSA?

Why is a 6920 better?

MM

Nothing wrong with PSA. In fact, certain CHF barreled models may be "better" than a 6920, but not a Super Duty.

Why? What makes the Super Duty extra special other than it's heavier? Sure all parts are good, better than most, not better than many others.

Barrel is nothing special; BCG is good & has a trick name coating, but is it better than any other top tier BCG; upper receiver is not special; rail is very good with a good barrel nut system but not better than several others.

So why is the Super Duty super special & the Grail?

Better than KAC or LMT or MSTN or Noveske or Radian or SOLGW, for example? Or an upper from CLE or WOA?

I think not; but maybe as good as a package. All Geiselle stuff is good, w/o a doubt, but Geiselle is selling a lot of slick image these days too, like the name "Super Duty".

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Whatsdamatta wid PSA?

Why is a 6920 better?

MM

Why? What makes the Super Duty extra special other than it's heavier? Sure all parts are good, better than most, not better than many others.

Barrel is nothing special; BCG is good & has a trick name coating, but is it better than any other top tier BCG; upper receiver is not special; rail is very good with a good barrel nut system but not better than several others.

So why is the Super Duty super special & the Grail?

Better than KAC or LMT or MSTN or Noveske or Radian or SOLGW, for example? Or an upper from CLE or WOA?

I think not; but maybe as good as a package. All Geiselle stuff is good, w/o a doubt, but Geiselle is selling a lot of slick image these days too, like the name "Super Duty".

MM

Whoa!!

I personally am a White Oak guy for high-power and actually like my LaRue better than a buddies super duty for carbine stuff, but we had someone reply to a super duty recommendation with "buy PSA instead."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'd want 18" Rifle Gas and the LEAST amount of fhuqking Fluff. Mainly because I actually shoot. Hint.

Get One On the Way RINK

The easy button. They aren't hard to make shoot well either

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs

Get One On the Way RINK

The easy button. They aren't hard to make shoot well either

I've never owned a PSA, but a lot of guys say they are good. A lot of guys I know think Model 1 sales is good too. Along with some guys that think green mountain makes some good AR barrels. One thing I know is your first AR is always going to be a learning experience....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 219DW, 222Sako, 1badf350, 21, 50 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,696
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.