Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Put your faith in the Lord.
“Take courage. It is I. Do not be afraid.” - Jesus
You don’t have to be afraid, even when there’s something to be afraid of.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
No idea frankly and dead is dead...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by EdM
No idea frankly and dead is dead...

Some day we'll see, won't we?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by antlers

So, at the time, Jesus was saying he was the only way to God? But, wasn't this before the whole death and resurrection thing? Maybe he knew in advance? Must have known he was salvation, huh? How's that work?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
So, at the time, Jesus was saying he was the only way to God? But, wasn't this before the whole death and resurrection thing? Maybe he knew in advance? Must have known he was salvation, huh? How's that work?
To me, Jesus was comforting His followers, and He was telling His followers these things in advance to bolster their faith, not only for in the meantime, but for when these very events would happen.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks. If there was only a Book that explained this stuff! LOL

Seriously. You're consistency is appreciated. 👍

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

He was, and is God, in human form, sent here to die for our sins. Accept or reject, it's up to you. Jesus is still the only way to God the Father.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Matthew 14:27

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Die at the hands of a woman with a pair of 38's.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Beaver10;
Good evening my cyber friend, I hope the day's been decent to you and you're all well.

I'll start with sincere kudos for looking after your parents, that's not easy, simple or many times pleasant.

We had both my late Mom and Mother in Law in extended care as we weren't able to deal with the medical needs. We were the closest family dealing with them and even that was tough many days.

I'll again say for anyone who might not have done so, please have a valid will and power of attorney completed. Here in BC we need a further document now called a Representation Agreement that allows someone to make medical decisions on our behalf - along with a doctor - should we become incapacitated. We've given the girls contact information for all the banking, insurance, lawyers and wills, so that's settled as well.

As we age it seems quite natural for us to contemplate not only living well but also dying well, as it's part of our time here, albeit the last part of it.

After watching both Moms struggle with dementia, I made a comment to our eldest that I'd be knitting up a big bacon vest and would like to be dropped off up top on one of our hunting areas where grizzlies are known to live. She didn't think that was funny and told me so Beaver.

I'm not entirely sure I was kidding, you know?

My late father watched enough of his family suffer from dementia that he prayed fervently that God take him quickly and so help me Dad's prayer was answered when another stroke took him nearly 20 years back now.

While as you know about me, I have faith in a higher power and an afterlife, which I admittedly cannot truly grasp in my humanity and as well in that same human body and head I'm in no particular rush to go quite yet.

Still, it's not a bad thing to take stock once in awhile and give it some sober consideration, so thanks for doing that for me tonight.

All the best to you this fall and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Whenever I go hunting in the Belknaps, upland or whitetail or even fuggin beaver trapping systems in the valleys, I’m always having an eye open for those big north-east signature granite out-croppings. Boulders. Faces of them with granite piles at bases. It’s where the yotes inevitably burrow in to make big dens. Black bear too. I call that [bleep] the Granite Tomb. Don’t want to get found cuz insurance policy and suicide? You just need to find the right one, and manage to bring along an appropriate “closing stone” is what I’d call it - a stone large enough but not so big that you couldn’t haul it in behind you, so to speak, laying flat on your belly in a tightly constricted entrance way into such a ‘den’. Most of those places seem to open up into surprisingly roomy areas. It’s just the throats of them that are extreme. Anyway, throw some smoke or thoroughly burn out the appropriate area before making it yours. Position closing Stone. Bring along favorite bottle of whiskey. Smokes. Best big bore revolver. Get in that den. Drag the closing stone into place behind you. Then get comfortable enough for an hour or so to make your peace with your maker and this garbage world. Exit.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by JGRaider

He was, and is God, in human form, sent here to die for our sins. Accept or reject, it's up to you. Jesus is still the only way to God the Father.

Respectfully, that has always seemed like some sort of "my way or the highway" conversion scare tactic for simple ancient people... Appreciate it and will keep it in mind JG...

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If you were a bad man, you could always make someone else shivvy themselves up into such a place. And close it behind them. Been done. Harder to perform for oneself.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Seems just walking off into the woods would needlessly worry the family, unless they were in on it, and also didn't have you locked up or red flagged! Wouldn't that piss you off! Spend your years free and then have the kid get your guns taken away as the final insult! Best hide a few around...

--- Kid Rock 2022

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by slumlord
Thought about wolfing down two double bacon chili cheese lard sauce burgers and going to an Ethan Allen furniture store and blowing my brains out.

- Where are you going to get the brains?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by 21
Die at the hands of a woman with a pair of 38's.

You might want to look in a mirror and ask yourself what kind of a woman with a pair of 38’s would have anything to do with you.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Thought about wolfing down two double bacon chili cheese lard sauce burgers and going to an Ethan Allen furniture store and blowing my brains out.

This started out as a epic shït my pants story.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Jussssst like that

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (25aught6, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 222ND, 163bc, 64 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,489
Posts18,529,809
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.