Hop To
#16410633 09/06/21
A
akpls Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Had a serious talk with the missus today. She's in favor of moving back to AK. Something a little more temperate than Fairbanks though, where we spent ~27 years. Did some time in Juneau too, but not really considering SE....at least so far. I'm thinking somewhere on the Kenai should suit us. Shortly after I retired we came down to NM thinking it would work for us, but it just ain't the same. I guess it's true what they say...."You can take the boy (or girl) out of Alaska, but you can't take Alaska out of the boy!" Both of our sons are still up there and the daughter wants to go back after finishing school and getting her Paramedic license. She's an EMT now in NM and AK, and wants to move into a Flight Paramedic position somewhere in AK when she's able. Let the planning begin!

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That’s great! I understand the feeling of wanting to be here. My wife keeps hinting about moving back to the east coast due to our aging parents. It’d be a tough decision leaving everything that I love here. There’s a reason I moved to AK, and no other state can compare. I hope your move is successful!

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
The KP sucks. I reco the valley. That’s the place to be. I’m moving there soon my own damn self.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
akpls Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
The KP sucks. I reco the valley. That’s the place to be. I’m moving there soon my own damn self.

That's another area for consideration. I do like the Trapper Creek area myself.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Turn on your PMs?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Please avoid Delta.......we're saving space for Afghan refugees.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Vern, that too funny. I guess delta is a "sanctuary city".

That whole country of Afghanistan ran through billions of U.S money. Must be nice to fk up free money.

Theyd fit right in. Net income for farmers last year was over 40% federal aid.........

Welfare-junction. Everybody jump on board that Gubmint gravy train......

Call it "ag project take two:" just like a few decades ago, the state of Alaska will clear all the land for you, for free.

The poor little afghans can grow heroin poppies, because they never planted any other fkn thing over there.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 09/06/21.
A
akpls Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
Turn on your PMs?

Got 'em on now.

A
akpls Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by VernAK
They should get along great with the Russians there! Actually my father-in-law lives in Delta and I have friends there. I always liked Delta, but my wife doesn't care for it for some reason.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akpls
They should get along great with the Russians there! Actually my father-in-law lives in Delta and I have friends there. I always liked Delta, but my wife doesn't care for it for some reason.
Probably because it's Fairbanks south, gets just as cold there as it does in Squarebanks, probably even colder. Trapper Creek is a nice place, there've got a full blown 3 Bears store there and gas prices are better than Anchorage. There are a few places for sale out that way, wouldn't be hard to find a place to live. I'd stay away from the Valley, to much riff raff out there and traffic sucks balls in the afternoon but they are commie free unlike Skankorage................for now anyways.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
We got Charlie Pierce. best borough mayor in Alaska.

An unashamed bitter/clinger/deplorable
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sayak
We got Charlie Pierce. best borough mayor in Alaska.

Charlie may be a good mayor but Delta has none.......now that's a good mayor!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Vern, how's the weather down that way, I heard there is snow in the mountains. Headed there on Friday to hunt moose and sheep with some buddies.

Steelhead

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Hey Vern, how's the weather down that way, I heard there is snow in the mountains. Headed there on Friday to hunt moose and sheep with some buddies.

Snow on the mountains, up high. Just back from McCarthy/Valdez. Durn pretty country, with the fall colors coming on. Last time I was that way was dip netting at Chitna, more than 40 years ago. Had never been to McCarthy or Valdez in the 53 years up here.

Valdez would be nice- moderate winter weather (discounting 30' of snow, annually. smile ), and great fishing.

You don't want to come to the KP. Lacks scenery, and it's boring. So bad we had to get away from it all and go to our cabin in the Caribou Hills , also, unfortunately, KP- about 60 driving miles away. Makes one nod right off. Theres land and places for sale down there. People just can't stand it!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by las; 09/08/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just had a couple buddies return from a week of fishing at Valdez, they absolutely slayed the silvers fishing from shore and limited out every day. I really like Valdez, doesn't get near as crowded as Seward and the fishing is just as good.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Much of the early snow has melted in the Eastern Alaska Range. It's been very pleasant the last few days.

Fall colors are great and the leaves are at least ten days behind average as some birch are still green

I was out after cranes yesterday and had a bull moose grunting at me.....40"

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Schute him, Vern, schute him!

Last edited by las; 09/09/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Much of the early snow has melted in the Eastern Alaska Range. It's been very pleasant the last few days.

Fall colors are great and the leaves are at least ten days behind average as some birch are still green

I was out after cranes yesterday and had a bull moose grunting at me.....40"
Glad to hear the weather has improved, I've got until the 20th to get a ram so moose will come first. Thanks Vern.

Steelhead

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

652 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 3,211 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,290
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.