Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Thats probably not all you had in your mouth.

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sledder

Sledder,
It is so uncanny you would say that!! I just had your wife�s pecker in my mouth and I must say you are one lucky man!!! Also, I had no idea she was such an accomplished tennis player. I took this picture of her the other day and thought you might want to frame it and put it in your palatial mobile home........................

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Poot Peak; 08/31/07.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by xploridaho
The one thing I learned it that there is a few of us ATV users who are tired of you crying tree hugging greenies.

And so it has come to this. Sigh. Hunters, on a hunting forum, being called "tree hugging greenies" by a fellow hunter who wants to be able to ride an ATV all over creation.

Well, let me be first to stand up and say that I AM a tree-hugging greenie! This day and age, with the degradation of habitat, LOSS of habitat, constant shrinkage and degradation of the wilder parts of the US, etc etc etc et frickin' CETERA, we should ALL be thinking in terms of "green". Maybe lay off the granola and long hair though. :-)

Back to the battle at hand. The ATV crowd is, I believe, dominated by "convenience hunters". The ones who have mortgaged themselves to the gills with big homes and toys (like ATV's) and because of that, can't afford to properly hunt even if they were inclined to. This is an argument i've been in before, over on rec.hunting, and it boiled down in that case to the ATV guys insisting they needed their machines because "who has time to hunt like Dad did... I only have a weekend, I need to get there, get into the woods fast, kill something, get it out, and get back to work!"

Well, many of us HUNTERS have made the type of structural changes in our lives, and the kinds of financial decisions, to make it so that we CAN afford to hunt like Dad did. I'm sitting here right now in a modest home, that's PAID for, on an aching hip that I injured 20 years ago, been hurting ever since, but I will be trudging off into the deep woods, pack on my back, again this year. "The woods" are a sacred place to me. ATV tracks are a desecration that last decades or longer. ATV's themselves are a complete buzz-crusher out in the woods. They just suck the life right out of the whole experience.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Poot Peak

Sledder,
It is so uncanny you would say that!! I just had your wife�s pecker in my mouth and I must say you are one lucky man!!! Also, I had no idea she was such an accomplished tennis player. I took this picture of her the other day and thought you might want to frame it and put it in your palatial mobile home........................

[Linked Image]

BOYS! BOY!S

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Back to the battle at hand. The ATV crowd is, I believe, dominated by "convenience hunters". The ones who have mortgaged themselves to the gills with big homes and toys (like ATV's) and because of that, can't afford to properly hunt even if they were inclined to.

-So because you can't afford an atv,everyone else has a 5 year loan on one at 23%.

-Afford to properly hunt being what? That high fence hunt in texas that you financed picking up cans on the interstate.Evidently afford in your book means paying someone else to do your hunting.

This is an argument i've been in before, over on rec.hunting, and it boiled down in that case to the ATV guys insisting they needed their machines because "who has time to hunt like Dad did... I only have a weekend, I need to get there, get into the woods fast, kill something, get it out, and get back to work!"

-No actually I use an atv to travel over the same roads that I'd use my truck.Minus beating the hell out of a 40k truck.If you want to tear up your truck go for it.

-I could careless about hunting like dad.Granddad and dad didn't ever have this good of elk hunting.Which brings us to another point.If the national forest is such an over run atv [bleep],then why are elk numbers currently at historical highs.

Well, many of us HUNTERS have made the type of structural changes in our lives, and the kinds of financial decisions, to make it so that we CAN afford to hunt like Dad did.

-Your old man went on canned hunts also?

I'm sitting here right now in a modest home, that's PAID for, on an aching hip that I injured 20 years ago, been hurting ever since,

-Thats the hip you fell on,from that tripod stand overlooking the corn feeder in texas right?

. "The woods" are a sacred place to me. ATV tracks are a desecration that last decades or longer. ATV's themselves are a complete buzz-crusher out in the woods. They just suck the life right out of the whole experience.

-Hell ,I believe seeing footprints in the woods is a complete "buzz-crusher". I believe the only buzz crusher you've experienced jeff.Is when you run out of beer.

-By the way,aren't you a friggin realtor jeff. You know the idiots that help cause all these subdivisions that are built right in the middle of big game habitat. Urban sprawl and loss of habitat,must be ok for wildlife.

IC B2

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I think that in reality sledder is against ATV's. He is against them or really STUPID. His constant rant and ridiculous statements would make someone who uses an ATV angry.

Sledder, you would have been better off if you would have shut-up about 15 pages ago

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I couldn't have caused all this crying from the anti's,if I'd stopped 15 pages ago.

Besides,the anti atv crowd is just as stupid as the anti gun crowd.Same mentality.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The one thing I learned it that there is a few of us ATV users who are tired of you crying tree hugging greenies.

Originally Posted by Jeff_Olsen

And so it has come to this. Sigh. Hunters, on a hunting forum, being called "tree hugging greenies" by a fellow hunter who wants to be able to ride an ATV all over creation.

laugh I know, that slayed me too grin

Well, let me be first to stand up and say that I AM a tree-hugging greenie! This day and age, with the degradation of habitat, LOSS of habitat, constant shrinkage and degradation of the wilder parts of the US, etc etc etc et frickin' CETERA, we should ALL be thinking in terms of "green". Maybe lay off the granola and long hair though. :-)

Dead on. I'm sure if Teddy Roosevelt, Aldo Leopold, Gifford Pinchot were around currently, they would be considered tree huggers by today's ATVers.

Very few people are aware of the efforts--tree hugging efforts--to bring back wildlife and protect habitat in the first half of the 1900's.

Well, many of us HUNTERS have made the type of structural changes in our lives, and the kinds of financial decisions, to make it so that we CAN afford to hunt like Dad did. I'm sitting here right now in a modest home, that's PAID for, on an aching hip that I injured 20 years ago, been hurting ever since, but I will be trudging off into the deep woods, pack on my back, again this year. "The woods" are a sacred place to me. ATV tracks are a desecration that last decades or longer. ATV's themselves are a complete buzz-crusher out in the woods. They just suck the life right out of the whole experience.

-jeff

My dad is 78 years old. Been killing elk since the 1950's. In the past 6 years he's killed 5 elk--and wouldn't be caught dead on an ATV.

When I took my 5 year son on his first elk hunt a few years back, after hiking him through the dark for almost an hour, arrive at my carefully chosen spot, here comes a pair of fat boys on ATV's a half hour after sun-up. I was livid. And I let the fat boys know how livid I was........in no uncertian terms.......

I used to play softball all summer against a team of ATV riders (They owned a motorcycle/ATV/snowmobile dealership). It was amazing how they could play softball all summer, but come hunting season, they had all these strange ailments that prevented them from walking.........amazing......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I couldn't have caused all this crying from the anti's,if I'd stopped 15 pages ago.

Besides,the anti atv crowd is just as stupid as the anti gun crowd.Same mentality.

And there you have it. Sledder cares far less about the subject matter of this thread than he does about stirring up $hit. I have read a lot of his posts and he has very few positive things about anything or anyone. He is usually flaming someone or name calling, it is totally clear to me that he is a first rate troll and this is the kind of activity that he thrives on because his posts are in right in the middle of this kind of crap all of the time. If you all just ignored him he would probably go away.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Yes, very few.

So, anyone who is tired of seeing ATV abuse is a tree-hugging greenie?

Why don't you go back, read the thread, and see how many HUNTERS here are tired of you ATV drivers and your bull$hit?

Looks like "the majority" to me. Are you saying the campfire is full of tree-hugging greenies?

Now that's a good one.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I own and use an atv and it has never been off trail. I have only ride on established trails and 4x4 roads. I resent the people here that seem to dream of damaging atv�s that are left unattended in the forest. As long as it is legal I have just as much right to ride my atv (where legal) as the horse people do to ride horses. I have seen rude horse hunters also. I walked 3 miles into the flat tops wilderness area before daylight and setup on a meadow only to have 2 horse hunters ride thru just after daylight talking at the top of their lungs so there is rudeness on both sides. Most of the time I don�t even take my atv preferring to hike in. If I am lucky enough to bag something I use my game hauler 2 wheel cart to retrieve it, since normally I am a long ways from a trail or road. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
X
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
X
What I'm saying is I'm sick of people, like yourself who think that everything was put on this planet to use the way that they see fit. I will continue to use my atv to hunt with and would love to run into any of you in the woods and see you try and stop me. I promise you will be sorry!

C
CP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I am behind locked Forest Service gates on a weekly basis with my pick-up and ATV to perform authorized administrative and timber appraisal activities. I sure in the hell do not have an exclusive on this access privilege, and you can bet on any given day hundreds of others throughout the western U.S. are also behind gates with a vehicle just doing their job. Vigilantism is a sophomoric remedy and has no place in resolving the illegal and abusive practices of some ATV users.

In addition, I own timberland in Montana and Oregon that is only accessible by crossing Forest Service ground using roads that are closed to the public. Tell me again; why do you think you have a justification to vandalize ATVs that are found behind Forest Service locked gates? CP.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are no gates were I hunt at because It's closed to motorized vehicles, that inclueds the FS.
PROUD TO BE A TREE HUGGER HUNTER

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

C
CP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I am also proud to be a tree hugger hunter, but I hug them with chokers and grapples. In my love fest with trees, I am also proud that I am creating wealth, improving wildlife habitat and crafting a healthier forest. CP.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I cut down a lot of trees every year... we heat with wood.

Anyway, I think it's important for everyone to take a breath here. I, personally, don't have a problem with ATV's on established, legal roads and trails. I've said that several times but it keeps getting misrepresented.

I just think they are an abomination OFF the trails.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If all the ATV'er would ride were they are suppost too there would not be any problem! But Many don't. If the good ATV'er Like pumpgun and some of the other would help the FS police the ones that don't follow the rules or maybe help restore the damage the other jerks due. I could be civil.
The ATV'er created the problem, they should Fix it before the Forest Service does.

CP I'm not against logging as long as it's done right. It dose create good habitat but it can be over done.

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

C
CP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I am also disgusted with ATV users that operate their vehicles off of designated routes or on my property without permission. However, my disdain for these people does give me a license to become a vandal. It maybe nettlesome, but you can bring a lot of legal grief to these culls if you put your shoulder into the system and work it hard. I know- I have been there and done that�

�Its just a mater of time and ATV's will be banned from all public lands.�
Bambistew, you have grossly misjudged the strength and political wherewithal of the OHV forest user groups. They are a force that is not only, as Casey addressed, challenging National Forest Travel Plans, but are also holding sway over the entire forest planning process. And they are not going away�

If folks are concerned about wildlife habitat, they should be equally outraged by those who use their sleds illegally. There are more incursions into Wilderness areas, critical winter habitat and early spring caving areas by snowmobiles than any other OHV user groups in the northern Rockies. They just do it when a lot of you are not in the bush, but their impact is real and this user group needs a lot more policing than it is currently receiving. CP.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Tom, I don't think anyone has posted at anytime about not wanting ATV folks who use them legaly to be banned or damaged.

Last edited by saddlesore; 09/01/07.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by gotlost
If all the ATV'er would ride were they are suppost too there would not be any problem! But Many don't. If the good ATV'er Like pumpgun and some of the other would help the FS police the ones that don't follow the rules or maybe help restore the damage the other jerks due. I could be civil.
The ATV'er created the problem, they should Fix it before the Forest Service does.

CP I'm not against logging as long as it's done right. It dose create good habitat but it can be over done.

No you'd still find something to cry about.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 160user, 204guy, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 11,320 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,241
Posts18,544,303
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.