Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ltbball
I saw a 19 year old die this past saturday at 11PM. Terrible. If he would have worn a seatbelt he would be alive today.

Prove it.

He provably wasn’t vaccinated either.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I started using a seatbelt in ‘65 when I start driving after watching all the “Death on the highway” movies in driver’s ed class and having a buddy get his face rearranged on hitting the windshield in a relatively slow speed wreck. I have always done it since then. I’ve found myself buckling up just to move a car in the driveway. When we had little ones, there wasn’t even an option. The car didn’t move ‘til they were buckled up.

Something in the back of my head tells me you probably had a harness on when you were navlav8ing?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
FUGG the man!

Those damned belts are more likely to kill you than save you in a wreck anyway.

Fugg the man,,,,,,,again!!!!

You say that you’re opposed to mandates, but threads like this cast serious doubt on that assertion.

If you’re vaccinated why do you care so deeply about what others do?

If you don’t believe in tyrannical edicts forcing people to make the same decision for themselves as you did despite different risk factors then why do you keep berating people?

Your credibility is waning.

You are reading words I have not written.

Who did I berate? When did this happen?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by slumlord
Ya know, I seen an Alex Jones segment that people who wear seatbelts are actually the ones killing everyone that refuse to wear theirs.

Oh yeah and seatbelts make you magnetic too.

I cling to every word he says.

GRIN, LOL

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
What is this "work"?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I drank a second cup of coffee before an hour long meeting ... I like to live dangerously too

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Idaho's off his meds again.

Yawn.

At least he takes them sometimes.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by las
What is this "work"?

It’s for losers.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Anybody that doesn't wear a seatbelt while in a moving vehicle, is a special kind of stupid.

My daughter is an ER nurse and she can tell lots of none seatbelt stories. None of them are good.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I started using a seatbelt in ‘65 when I start driving after watching all the “Death on the highway” movies in driver’s ed class and having a buddy get his face rearranged on hitting the windshield in a relatively slow speed wreck. I have always done it since then. I’ve found myself buckling up just to move a car in the driveway. When we had little ones, there wasn’t even an option. The car didn’t move ‘til they were buckled up.

Something in the back of my head tells me you probably had a harness on when you were navlav8ing?

Yep. A 4 point harness with an inertia reel on the shoulder straps and in the F-4 and F-14 we had leg restraints to control the legs during an ejection.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by ltbball
I saw a 19 year old die this past saturday at 11PM. Terrible. If he would have worn a seatbelt he would be alive today.

Prove it.

He provably wasn’t vaccinated either.

Perfectly irrational conclusion based upon the information provided. 😁

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by las
What is this "work"?

It’s for losers.

Especially those working for the government. 😛

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Dang if I was ejected I'd have to have an ass wipe as well.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Anybody that doesn't wear a seatbelt while in a moving vehicle, is a special kind of stupid.

My daughter is an ER nurse and she can tell lots of none seatbelt stories. None of them are good.

I hate them, but I wear mine. They work. Just ask any ambulance EMT or Paramedic.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I especially enjoy the ones that keep getting tighter at every bump!

--- Kid Rock 2022

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
FUGG the man!

Those damned belts are more likely to kill you than save you in a wreck anyway.

Fugg the man,,,,,,,again!!!!

I was a Firefighter for 12 years and responded to many wrecks.........They do save more lives than they take by far. Wrecks don't always kill you.....sometimes you just get brain damage and have somebody else feed you through a tube and wipe your butt until you croak......but go ahead and buck the system cowboy....

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Old people bitch the most about seat belts. My observation

Cut-n-Paste to the rescue

5 Causes of New or Increasing Negativity in Older Adults
Conversely, a negative mindset or more frequent complaining is a new occurrence for some seniors.

If your mother was always sweet and timid, but now she’s implacable, or your husband was jolly and supportive throughout your marriage, but he’s become controlling and angry, it is a serious red flag. Fortunately, new personality changes are often easier to address, and many can be remedied.

1. Mood Swings and Behavioral Changes May Indicate UTI
A urinary tract infection (UTI) can have a sudden and significant impact on a senior’s demeanor. Most people are aware of the physical symptoms of UTIs, such as pain, burning and a persistent urge to urinate. But for many older individuals, atypical behavioral symptoms like irritability, angry outbursts and confusion are the only signs of infection. This is one of the first things that caregivers should check for if a loved one experiences sudden and unusual changes in behavior.

Read: UTIs Cause Unusual Behavioral Symptoms in Elders

2. Medications Can Affect Mood and Behavior
Many prescription medications have serious side effects that include personality changes. Psychiatric drugs are one clear example. They are intended to alter a person’s brain chemistry to improve mood and behavior, but the way they work in the body is very complicated. Certain types of these drugs simply may not function well with a senior’s brain chemistry. In some cases, the wrong medication can actually cause their condition to worsen. If your loved one has started a new antidepressant or another type of psychiatric medication, don’t just assume things will get better. Some of these drugs take several weeks to reach their full effect, whether it is positive or negative. Communicate with your loved one’s doctor about any changes in mood and behavior to ensure the new medication and dosage are still appropriate for their condition.

Other types of medications can have negative effects on personality, too. Anti-seizure medications, statins, blood pressure medications and even anti-inflammatories can cause personality and behavioral changes in some people. Drug interactions can also be problematic, so if your loved one takes several medications, the combination should be double checked by a physician or pharmacist for potential issues.

Read: Polypharmacy in the Elderly: Taking Too Many Medications Can Be Risky

3. Chronic Pain Can Make Seniors Irritable
Chronic pain can come on suddenly or very gradually over time, and it can be detrimental to a person’s quality of life and functional abilities. In addition to the physical effects, pain can be mentally and emotionally distressing as well. One study published in the journal Pain Research and Management found that chronic pain patients reported higher negative mood states, such as anger-hostility, depression-dejection, fatigue-inertia and tension-anxiety, compared to control subjects who reported no measurable pain. Participants living with chronic pain also exhibited neuromotor deficits in coordination and reaction time. To make matters worse, research has consistently shown that negative mood states can modify pain perception and interfere with the effectiveness of pain management strategies.

If your father or mother constantly complains or acts out, make sure they see a physician to check for painful changes in their health. Many elders “don’t want to complain,” so they refuse to go to the doctor. Ironically, they often continue complaining about aches and pains to their family members. They may even attempt to hide the real source of their discomfort by expressing frustration through criticism of everything and everyone around them.

Look for obvious signs that they might need a visit to the doctor for some enhanced pain relief. Arthritic joint pain is a common source of discomfort for older individuals, and indications include changes in gait (e.g., limping, moving more slowly, walking less), problems with dexterity, or fixating on a certain joint or area of the body.

4. A Senior’s Complaints Might Stem from Boredom
When people are in the workforce, raising children and socializing with friends, they may feel they have to rein in their negative personality traits. Once their responsibilities decrease or they retire, they may feel they have “earned” the right to say exactly what they think and feel. And much of what they feel could be negative if they are bored or no longer have a strong sense of purpose. These emotions are often compounded when they are accompanied by limited mobility, reduced energy and other age-related changes that affect their independence, daily routines and functioning. If they don’t have much else to focus on, seniors may fixate on the negative aspects of their lives or actively seek things to gripe about. Complaining becomes a new “hobby” for many elders as they slow down. Work with your loved one to help them find a pastime that fits their interests and ability levels and will keep them active, engaged and fulfilled.

Read: Keeping Seniors Busy and Active

5. Dementia Causes Personality Changes
Memory loss is the classic symptom that most people associate with dementia, but personality changes may be the first to appear in some seniors. Cognitive problems can go unnoticed by family and friends for quite some time if a loved one is particularly good at compensating for or covering up their impairment. Although their forgetfulness may not be apparent, they may become increasingly irritable and more easily flustered due to difficulties with basic tasks and lapses in memory. Brain changes associated with Alzheimer’s disease, frontotemporal dementia and other types of dementia often bring about significant personality changes. If you suspect a senior’s new behavior may be due to cognitive decline, it is important for them to receive a full physical and neurological evaluation.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Old people be like: “ I wanna be throwd clear”

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Seatbelts can be raised or lowered on the side to avoid too much pressure on your shoulders. I know a state trooper who survived a 100 mph chase after crashing into a big oak tree. He unbuckled and walked away. Car was completely totaled. His seat belt saved him. One of my sons survived flipping over his truck 2-3 times, because the seatbelt held him in place and kept him from flying around or out of the truck cab. He was speeding and lost control. All race car drivers use seatbelts. Astronauts use seatbelts.

The US had over 50,000 people die a year in auto accidents by 1970, before seat belt laws came into play. Today we have far fewer deaths with more people driving more miles than ever. Don't have to click them on, but they do save lives. Today we have around 36,000 die. Hmm. Around 25 per 100,000 people in 1970 to 11 per 100,000 people in 2019. Seat belts are not Covid vaccines.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Uh.......seatbelt was euphemism for a C-19 Vax.

I thought that was obvious by this point.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 1,741 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,141
Posts18,523,288
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.