Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Honestly, the dude was an out of stater which kind of pisses me off. The tags are so limited here, the game commission should not be allowing anyone who isnt a pa resident to hunt these monsters

that hunter won that tag from the KECA raffle, it was one of the Governor's tags. the other one will get Raffled off at RMEF..i do how ever agree with you that general draw tickets SHOULD NOT go to Non residents. I am sitting on 18 points

Oh got yam didnt see that

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wow!Is th hunter named Attila?

(guess you ran out of title characters...)

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Honestly, the dude was an out of stater which kind of pisses me off. The tags are so limited here, the game commission should not be allowing anyone who isnt a pa resident to hunt these monsters

that hunter won that tag from the KECA raffle, it was one of the Governor's tags. the other one will get Raffled off at RMEF..i do how ever agree with you that general draw tickets SHOULD NOT go to Non residents. I am sitting on 18 points

I've been buying points for years too, but at the non-resident rate.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
you can see bulls about that size in peoples backyards in bennezette. i should start applying for a permit. never did. thats one thing i wouldn't mind hunting. and eating. elk is my favorite wild game.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
you can see bulls about that size in peoples backyards in bennezette. i should start applying for a permit. never did. thats one thing i wouldn't mind hunting. and eating. elk is my favorite wild game.
If the bull in pictured with this topic were taken in such conditions, it would not seem like much of a hunt at all - more a matter of big rack, tiny hunt. Are the actual conditions known?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bull near camp. Credit Chris Calhoun

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kingston

I acquired 10 points then moved out of state, I’m kind of glad I can keep building points. Do I think I’ll ever get drawn either way? Nope.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Stammster
The PA Game Commission already introduced wolves from out west into the state. They even traded PA wild turkeys for them.

They won’t admit it, but it happened.

Really...now where did you hear that?

I hear they're using them to spread Covid whistle crazy grin

Hell of an Elk. We were up in Ridgeway last month to shoot the silhouette smalbore nationals and promised ourselves we stay a couple days extra next year and fish and go see if we can find some elk. Pretty country.

give me a shout next time.im not all that far away

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

ya, but you have a beave that lets you take him...while Elk hunting

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
Easy winters no predators flat farm land

Easy winters? Flat? Guess you arent from here lol

Yeah he's never laid eyes on Clinton, Cameron, and Elk Counties. Thats for sure

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
its farm land, partialy, but it aint flat where the Elk are

There are "hills" in that country that will test one that is in shape....Nor are the winters usually easy in Cameron, Clinton and Potter...

The dirty secret is that Pa Elk are a public attraction...that Elk most likely had frequent human contact....

I’m born and raised hunting the hills in Pa, as much as I love it and do consider those hills challenging, Idaho it ain’t.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stammster
The PA Game Commission already introduced wolves from out west into the state. They even traded PA wild turkeys for them.

They won’t admit it, but it happened.

🤣 LMFAO!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by moosemike

Yeah he's never laid eyes on Clinton, Cameron, and Elk Counties. Thats for sure

Definitely. Some rough areas for sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pashooter
Originally Posted by viking
Very nice.

I hate to say it but…. How long before they introduce wolves back there.?

very unlikely. our elk herd is the pride and Joy of the Pa Game Commission, and a large portion of the population..hunters and non hunters alike
the PGC is a stand alone agency, with very very little imput from the state legislature. the commission answers to sportsmen, and it is self funded with no tax money from the General assembly.

if they did we would just shoot them and pay no attention to any federal or state alw barring that activity

Absolutely correct on all points there are some really nice bulls thanks to the easy living. As to the wolf thing you are spot on.

Please tell me more. I've hunted north of I-80 in PA my entire life and never yet saw a Wolf or Wolf track

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No wolves in PA. Period. Where do people get this schit?!?!?

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
WOW! Nice Bull!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
its farm land, partialy, but it aint flat where the Elk are

There are "hills" in that country that will test one that is in shape....Nor are the winters usually easy in Cameron, Clinton and Potter...

The dirty secret is that Pa Elk are a public attraction...that Elk most likely had frequent human contact....

I’m born and raised hunting the hills in Pa, as much as I love it and do consider those hills challenging, Idaho it ain’t.

For sure not comparing. My brother lives in montana amd ive spent time in the rockies with him. Much bigger. They still suck here lol

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Whoa, calcium gone wild.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

😝🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I don't know what this means.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,621
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.