Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Is anyone using the aforementioned press? If so, how do you like or not like it?

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use the Co Ax press. Now that I mainly load handgun ammo I wish I had the Redding.
I believe the Forster makes a little better ammo. But the Redding is a lot faster. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've been using the Redding for about 15 years maybe longer . Used a Texan turret before that .
I've never gone from station to station on my press . I use it like a single stage , do one die at a time .
Strong enough to resize and a pleasure to use .

Semper Fi ,
Soup

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Is anyone using the aforementioned press? If so, how do you like or not like it?

I have one, I cut the piece off the front as I do not use the press for seating primers.

It is a good press, better than the old T25 I had.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Soup
I've been using the Redding for about 15 years maybe longer . Used a Texan turret before that .
I've never gone from station to station on my press . I use it like a single stage , do one die at a time .
Strong enough to resize and a pleasure to use .

Semper Fi ,
Soup

That’s how I run mine. Batch at each die. I have several presses and I love my T-7.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I use my T7 mainly for handgun. Resize/expand then after I charge, I seat and crimp. Pretty quick for the 480 and 500 loading. It’s not hardly worth changing over my progressive for loading those two cartridges.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Are any of you seeing notable run-out in your rifle cartridges? I've read about the turret head flexing, but it doesn't seem to have a negative effect on anything, but I thought I'd ask.

I really like the idea of setting up my dies one time and I'm done.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Are any of you seeing notable run-out in your rifle cartridges? I've read about the turret head flexing, but it doesn't seem to have a negative effect on anything, but I thought I'd ask.

My old T25 did 'til I had it surface ground and tightened it up...have not had the issue with the T-7.

And yes, I also batch load and treat it as a single stage.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I had both the T7 and Co-Ax. There was no measurable difference in run-out between rounds loaded on the two presses, so I sold the Co-Ax.

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gasman

I had both the T7 and Co-Ax. There was no measurable difference in run-out between rounds loaded on the two presses, so I sold the Co-Ax.

Thanks!

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I had one, used it some,but went back to my RCBS Rockchucker, gave it to my son in law

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I reload all my rifle stuff on a T-7, all my pistol stuff on a Dillon 650, and use my rock-chucker for de-capping and pulling bullets. I've noticed no increased runout in the T-7. I use the Barsness method to minimize runout. I de-cap the brass then resize without the expander button in the die. I then run the button into the neck in a separate operation. Works for me.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I too have and kept both the T7 and the CoAx (and a Hollywood Universal Turret for really big and a Harrell's - decap separately or dribble primers - and a Meacham for small and a progressive for handguns and bulk).

For my money the T7 is ideal for what I bought it for that is keeping the stations full. Mostly the Redding Instant Indicator gages for cartridges I might load in another press. I do batch if I complete a load with the T7. I can't imagine spinning the turret to load one case. I have no complaints and would buy again.

With the possible exception of one of the German super premium presses I see no reason to buy any other color press in the same compound leverage metallic cartridge market. By the same token given the loaded round I can't imagine being able to tell what color the press was.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Two brothers I know; one has the Redding, the other the RCBS, and their father has the newer Lyman. Both brothers say if they had to buy another turret press they would buy the Lyman and save the extra cash. I don't know if the Lyman will remain as tight, nor how long it will last compared to the Redding and RCBS

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Two brothers I know; one has the Redding, the other the RCBS, and their father has the newer Lyman. Both brothers say if they had to buy another turret press they would buy the Lyman and save the extra cash. I don't know if the Lyman will remain as tight, nor how long it will last compared to the Redding and RCBS

I've heard good things about the Lyman as well. My only complaint would be country of manufacture.

I just ordered 5 discs for my Lee Classic 4-hole turret. It cost me roughly $55. If I had the Redding, it would have cost me $400. Not sure it would be worth the money, I'm sure there is a point of diminished returns, but I'm not sure where it is between a T-7 and a Lee Classic.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It is the best single stage press I have owned.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M

I've had my T7 for close to 20 years, and use it (with Redding Competition dies) to load for my 6PPC benchrest rifle. The loads essentially come out straight, with not even .001 runout.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

I've had my T7 for close to 20 years, and use it (with Redding Competition dies) to load for my 6PPC benchrest rifle. The loads essentially come out straight, with not even .001 runout.

That's impressive.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

I've heard good things about the Lyman as well. My only complaint would be country of manufacture.

Good point......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I went back and forth between the Redding T-7 and the Lyman T-8. After reading reviews and comparing costs I went with the Lyman and added two additional turrets. One of the turrets had a bit of play in it, but a washer took care of it. I use it as a single stage press and really like not having to make die adjustments on the calibers I load regularly. After trying it I removed the priming arm. It's clunky and in the way. The old Lee hand priming tool works much better. I also have an old Lyman All American four hole turret press that sits with either 9mm or 45 ACP dies in it, and a RCBS Rock Chucker IV that is used for depriming and any other die set not already on the T-8 turrets.

I'm not sure where folks think these presses are made, but it's name is Lyman All American 8 tm, and on the front of the box says " MADE IN THE USA".

Member:
NRA
Ohio Gun Collectors Association
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 77 invisible), 2,904 guests, and 1,374 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,478
Posts18,471,724
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.