Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Jwall, the t3x arctic is too heavy for winter snow shoeing with heavy winter clothes.

I could pick up two Ruger's for the price of one of those:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I think I've seen it listed at 9 lb naked, prob get old fast in deep snow.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
mainer

I only mentioned the T 3 Lite models. In 2018 I bought one for $500.00

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by zcm82
As long as a rifle functions properly and shoots straight, I don't really care if they beat them with a sock full of frozen horse turds to finish them.

Not really sure what the point of yammering on and on about the post-casting process is as long as they work, which they do.

The Savage 340 was a hideously ugly club, but they do their job, too.

You are completely missing the point. The point is they are cheap rifles and should be priced as such, but they are not.

If they are cheap than what is a Remington action? I see more cheap bolts made off bar stock then investment cast. BTW a 700 cannot hold a candle to a 77 in ruggedness, no way shape or form.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The natural progression of a 77 thread.... Tikkas, Remingtoons, and Winchesters.... 😁

I think I'd prefer a compact rifle for slugging around the far north...

Carry-on.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
As long as a rifle functions properly and shoots straight, I don't really care if they beat them with a sock full of frozen horse turds to finish them.

Not really sure what the point of yammering on and on about the post-casting process is as long as they work, which they do.

You are completely missing the point. The point is they are cheap rifles and should be priced as such, but they are not.

If they are cheap than what is a Remington action? I see more cheap bolts made off bar stock then investment cast. BTW a 700 cannot hold a candle to a 77 in ruggedness, no way shape or form.

Agreed

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Jwall, the t3x arctic is too heavy for winter snow shoeing with heavy winter clothes.

I could pick up two Ruger's for the price of one of those:

The barrel contour on that thing is a beast, and the Sako sights apparently add up to $600 a pull.

No thanks, does nothing for me either.

Might look real hard at a shorter barreled T3x, something like a version of a Battue with a somewhat heavier barrel and better sights though. That'd be wicked. Not full on CTR thick but thicker.

And not more than like $1200-1300

Last edited by Igloo; 09/23/21.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Remingtons are better made than a 77. And are pretty damn reliable too boot.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I will not get into the “what is better” quagmire. Reminds me of Ford / Chevy / Dodge / GMC / Toyota / etc / etc.
The Rugers have been suitable enough for me that I bought a used stainless Mark II today. If it groups as well as the Mark II 338 Winchester, 375 and 416 Rugers that I have, I will be very pleased.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
The natural progression of a 77 thread.... Tikkas, Remingtoons, and Winchesters.... 😁

Carry-on.

Given the latter are all better than the former isn't that natural?

I'm not anti-ruger at all. I like the Blackhawk and the American for what it costs is a great value. I fact I'd buy another American, but I would not buy another boat anchor 77.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did someone say Chevy? Or was it Dodge?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Carry-on.

I'm not anti-ruger at all. I like the Blackhawk and the American for what it costs is a great value. I fact I'd buy another American, but I would not buy another boat anchor 77.

You know what they say about opinions. 😁

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Carry-on.

I've seen multiple threads from you, where you sht on Ruger. Last one, was when folks were excited for the Ruger aquisition of marlin.

So a cast 77 receiver no good in your world, but cast parts on a revolver are ok? What the fk kinda logic is that?

Anyhoo, based on my experiences with many Ruger revolvers, they are just as effective, reliable, and useful to Alaskans, as the Ruger 77's:

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

🤣

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Apparently those Ruger revolvers work also.
I consider myself lucky to find a used but nearly new double action one. I have Ruger double actions in 22 LR, 357, 44, 45 Colt 454. Ruger single actions in 44, 45 Colt, 454, and 480 Ruger.
Hell, I guess I am a Ruger fan by default. Several Ruger rifles from 223 through 416 Rugers. I have had a couple of hiccups with firearms, Ruger included but also other higher dollar manufacturers.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by moosemike

🤣

Yeah I tend to avoid these kinda discussions too...but I feel like thats gonna be a tough row to hoe, if its objective and not subjective. Don't care if the fella at Ruger beats them into shape with his pecker. Not a 700 hater at all, but....how?

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak

Carry-on.

I've seen multiple threads from you, where you sht on Ruger. Last one, was when folks were excited for the Ruger aquisition of marlin.

So a cast 77 receiver no good in your world, but cast parts on a revolver are ok? What the fk kinda logic is that?

Anyhoo, based on my experiences with many Ruger revolvers, they are just as effective, reliable, and useful to Alaskans, as the Ruger 77's:

The Blackhawks are much more visually pleasing and better finished than the 77.

D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Did Ruger ever make a RS in the 3 position safety 30/06 or 308? I’m only finding plain barrels no sights

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DrDeath
Did Ruger ever make a RS in the 3 position safety 30/06 or 308? I’m only finding plain barrels no sights

According to my info, "Reference of Ruger Firearms, Vloume Two", yes they did. Also noted..."The M77RS is a scarce model".

As you can see in the 77 Mark II Models, the M77RS is listed in many models,RS, RSBZ, RSI, RSFP, RSM, RSML, RSP, RSPA, RSPS, RLS, but the only reference specifically to 30-06 / 308 was in the M77RS (wood blue).

Again, pretty much the same models in stainless, KM77RS, but the stainless only lists the 30-06. BUT, with all things RUGER, never say never. They are out there you just have to sniff them out....Good Luck.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/912501145

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by 308ld; 10/11/21.

Ed
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I've owned and shot a dozen or more M77's. I like them. I've had an easier time finding accurate loads for 700's and Model 70's overall. I dislike the looks of the stainless bolt handle on the MK II's. A small thing, I know, but it's my money. I had one of the limited Hawkeye African 9.3's but didn't like the recoil with heavy bullets. I'd love to see one of those in 30-06 or 300 H&H. Should have bought one in 275 Rigby. That looks like a sweet combo.

Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 61 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,154
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.