Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
I have mentioned in the past, Covid took Sister in Law's best friend's husband at age 65. Then a couple months ago it got my 64 year old sister after almost thirty days in ICU.

Fugg the health insurance companies. It serves them right to pay bills like that. I am sure it will never show on our future premiums. (sarcasm)

This week it tried to get my wife. She had a light cough last Sat and Sunday. Monday diarrhea and vomiting hit her, but coughing ceased.

We did not get real excited because kids and grandkids have displayed same stomach and gut issues over the last two weeks.

Thursday AM she displayed severe loss of cognition. I called her Primary. "Take her to ER. We are seeing those symptoms in many Covid patients recently" It took three of us to support her and get her into the car. Ambulance? Around here the ambulance goes to a small hospital in rural Oregon with a well deserved reputation for patients leaving in a box.

Arrived at ER. O2 sat was 78 to 80. Electrolytes were off the charts low, and she was a bit dehydrated. Covid test came back positive. They hung O2, Remdisevir, Saline, and Potassium Chloride. O2 sat immediately responded at 2 Liter flow rate. Lowered to 1 Liter once placed in a room, and maintained at that rate for 48 hours.

60 hours later, after numerous liters of Saline and Potassium, a couple Magnesium, daily shots of Heparin, and daily Remdisevir, she stood up and stepped to the wheel chair to come home.

At home with breath exercises, no supplemental O2, and an oral steroid for her lungs, we are holding her O2 sat at 90-93. But she is home and getting stronger. Brain function is restored, but she has zero memory of anything after Midnight Wed through Friday Evening. It is still darned tough to get any food into her. Just about forcing Glucerna into her before giving her meds. But She is on day eight symptomatic and on the slow road to recovery.

Our two daughters are Godsent. We came home to a house cleaned top to bottom and sterilized. Untold loads of laundry run and put away. Much of it straight off the hangers in the closet and rerun. And brand new bedding and pillow covers in our bedroom.

Our forty year old Son and a 17 year old Granddaughter are presently ill and have tested Covid+. But they seem to be recovering nicely at home.

My wife's Doc is currently caring for a couple dozen Covid patients in this little country hospital. We were in a wing supposedly for surgical recovery. But it was converted to Covid care and had sixteen Covid patients.

I asked Dr. about those miracle cures, the monoclonal antibodies for one. He actually grinned and almost laughed. He said they are no miracle. They increase survival rate by about 2%.

The monoclonal treatments are scarcely available in this region and are tightly rationed. They try to make one specific treatment available to patients on four liter O2. There is a second treatment available to patients on eight liters O2. But if you had the first, you are ineligible for the second.

My wife never displayed the need to meet requirements for either.

Dr. said yes, they have had a few vaxed Covid patients. But they do not go to ICU. The only two exceptions being a couple of Cancer patients.

I have been everywhere my wife has been for the last several months. I have been sleeping beside her every night. I handled her and helped her in and out of bed every half hour while in the hospital. I spoon fed her any little bite I could get her to eat. There is simply no way that I have not ingested massive quantities of this viral pathogen.

After numerous bouts of pneumonia and bronchitis, my O2 sat runs 92-93 on the best of days. I am positively convinced I would be in ICU right now but for the Moderna Vax.

Come on people, it's like a seat belt. You wear those. You know they won't prevent an accident. You know you may still die in the accident. But you have better odds. You don't wear the seat belt to protect other people, you wear it to protect yourself.

If you have not had and recovered from C-19, get the vax. Increase your odds of staying out of the hospital. Stay out of ICU. Stay off the ventilator. Not for anyone else, just for your own self.

Idaho, Eastern Oregon residents. I give my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to the wonderful, overworked, overstressed Drs and Nurses at West Valley Medical Center in Caldwell.

We (my family) have been using the Caldwell Hospital for five generations and well over 75 years. As always the staff was the ultimate of professional, kind, and caring. Kudos

Gotta go, time to take Momma for another walk (140 feet, from her bed to the fireplace and back) and help her do breath exercises.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Preach it Brother

Glad she is on the mend

God is Great!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uh, no.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad it worked out. I had covid. Keep your vaccine. If your vaccine is so great, you won't give a damn if others choose not to.

Last edited by 280shooter; 09/26/21.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
P.S. your docs an idiot.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
IS, glad your wife is on the mend.

You said you got vaxxed but never told us if she was vaxxed?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad the wife is on the mend it was hard won but she did it.

Personally I've seen the wonders of the Monoclonal Antibody Treatment, it saved my sons butt as it did his girlfriend, she was doing great after a week of the covid and all of the sudden crashed, they treated her with Monoclonal Antibodies and she was back to normal two days later.

Your doctor is way off on MAT, and most likely the reason it isn't available in your area is because the medical community there is doesn't want to use it. You yourself said how bad the local hospital is. Around here it's being used on those at high risk and it's keeping them out of the hospital and at home where they belong.

I'm gonna take my chances with Natural immunity as around here it doesn't look like the vax is working worth a piss ants pecker.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What a heartfelt, non-agenda driven story.

LOL
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Are 3.5 million Americans dead, yet?

Don't post again til there are, moron.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So the Vaccine doesn’t prevent Covid ???

I’m SHOCKED.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/26/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
How old is your wife?
BMI?
Any medical issues?
Smoker ever?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
the 64 dollar question is , was your wife vaccinated ?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
So the Vaccine doesn’t prevent Covid ???

I’m SHOCKED.

I can still remember when it did......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Glad your wife is on the mend

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

She refused, she read too many scary bullshschitt stories like many repeat on this forum.

Mark of some imaginary scary beast, magnetism, RFID signals to be read.from outer space, nano mechanisms implanted to take control of her mind and body at some future date, termination mechanisms to kill 95% of human population, etc, etc.

Yes, pretty ludicrous stuff.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bullshit

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Glad your wife is healing!! BTW, they are properly titled “Demon-rats”. Any other name is too kind for their like

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Glad the wife is on the mend it was hard won but she did it.

Personally I've seen the wonders of the Monoclonal Antibody Treatment, it saved my sons butt as it did his girlfriend, she was doing great after a week of the covid and all of the sudden crashed, they treated her with Monoclonal Antibodies and she was back to normal two days later.

Your doctor is way off on MAT, and most likely the reason it isn't available in your area is because the medical community there is doesn't want to use it. You yourself said how bad the local hospital is. Around here it's being used on those at high risk and it's keeping them out of the hospital and at home where they belong.

I'm gonna take my chances with Natural immunity as around here it doesn't look like the vax is working worth a piss ants pecker.

Uh, no. I said how bad one local hospital is. Many.others are great. The one we went to is independent of the two large hospital chains In our Region. This one is.HCA. it has always been superlative.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

She refused, she read too many scary bullshschitt stories like many repeat on this forum.

Mark of some imaginary scary beast, magnetism, RFID signals to be read.from outer space, nano mechanisms implanted to take control of her mind and body at some future date, termination mechanisms to kill 95% of human population, etc, etc.

Yes, pretty ludicrous stuff.

I’m vaxxed. Didn’t want to but I can’t afford to retire yet. Slavyanka and her kids 23 and 16 aren’t, and I respect their decisions. SD23 now has to get it to go back for her 4th year university.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,278 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,327
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.