Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
China is making big moves into vehicle manufacturing. Probably doesn't hurt their feelings to watch competitors loose billions. The lefties think everyone other than themselves should ride a bike everywhere so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for government help. They keep this up it we'll need lessons from Cuba on how to keep old obsolete vehicles running.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
How long can dealers stay in business like this?

Or manufacturers?

Add the unheard of shortages in virtually every other market in the world today, and we are rapidly headed towards a primitive world.

A liberal/Marxist/globalist wet dream.

Lol, dealers are doing just fine, selling everything they get in the day it hits the lot (or sooner) at 2, 3 , 4K over sticker. It’s not that they don’t sell cars, just a few less.

Same thing with manufacturers, who are making the high margin stuff first. Yeah, they are sending out stories about shutting down, but they often shut down plants this time of year for change overs and maintenance. Which they can now do in an orderly fashion, while blaming the chinks for no chips and talking the price up,

It’s not like “journalists” ever get out of their cubicle to check if all these press releases have any truth to them.

But, people seem to react to shortages by hoarding at high prices, like with the ammo shortage, and houses. I’ll just sit back and buy when the market drops. The old girl will go for another year.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I am hoping to pickup a 1st Gen 12 valve for $3k in the next week or so...

Don't need no stinking chips here...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by MtnHiker
Tommorow we will be talking about items we cannot fix.

Don't think you'll be able to run down to O'Reilly's and get a failed chip for your 30 year old pickup in 30 years?

It is funny here at work, watching robots that were installed 10 years ago and cutting edge tech sit idle for weeks (on lines that need to run 6 days a week) because they can't get a Fanuc tech out to look at it on a robot that they basically say is obsolete and they no longer support. Meanwhile, the old 1 horse motor with a gearbox and a chain running a shaft is just sitting over there running happy as a clam. Technology is wonderful, until it isn't.

Tech will be the workhorse of the enslavement of humanity. No exaggeration.

Start now trying to divorce yourself from as much tech as possible. I'm not saying all or all at once, but start getting the mind set. The future will see a resurgence of used mechanisms of all kinds. You watch.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I am hoping to pickup a 1st Gen 12 valve for $3k in the next week or so...

Don't need no stinking chips here...

That is the way to go.

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
There will be an increase in the need and demand for mechanical skills. We need a resurgence in the ingenuity that made western civilization great. World competition is what has given the advantage to the electronic invasion we see in our lives. Local need can reverse that advantage.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Do not dismiss the chokepoint of the main port of entry in LA and Long Beach...60 ships waiting for up to three weeks. News media blaming Longshore...welp, it aint that simple, all the pieces have to work together, like untangling a traffic pileup. California ports have decreed that truckers that do not meet the latest and greatest EPA and Calif Emissions Tier 4, cannot enter the Port property. So, the empty containers coming in must be offloaded outside the port, transferred to 'approved' Tier 4 trucks to be loaded onto outbound ships. Same thing coming in with loaded containers. Small or independent truckers with older engines, just can't compete, having to bear the transfer cost. But, what the hell, they are saving the planet, right? Anyway, until the trucking thing is solved, working the longshoremen 24-7's is not going to help. The Biden administration wants to intervene now...we can only guess at the snafu that will cause, "I'm from the govt, and I'm here to help ".

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Leave it to Cali

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I heard we're supposed to get a giant bonus. After 26 years of working in a depressing industry it's nice to finish on an upswing.

Last edited by Whiptail; 09/27/21.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Do they have toilet paper?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by From The fuqktards In The Whitehouse
The Biden administration, meanwhile, says that while it can play a supporting role, it expects the private sector to take the lead in sorting out the crisis.

Translation: There isn't enough money in it for us so your on your own.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,148 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,776
Posts18,495,801
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.