Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/...affing-crisis-vaccination-mandate-forces

With President Biden's federal vaccine mandate set to take effect on Monday, health-care systems around the country are suspending elective in-patient surgeries and refusing to accept ICU patients from other hospitals as they brace for potentially hundreds of firings of nurses and other critical staffers, potentially even doctors.

According to the NYT, the Erie County Medical Center in Buffalo is planning to do all that and more, as it says it may soon fire about 400 employees who have chosen not to get the single job required by the edict (which was pushed through despite being blocked by a federal judge).

Similarly, officials at Northwell Health, the state's largest health-care provider, estimate that NWH might be forced to fire thousands of people who have refused to get vaccinated.

In an economy with more job openings than workers - 2.2MM more, to be exact - forcing workers to choose between employment and their health or religious compunctions simply isn't a smart idea.

Without even a hint of self-awareness, the governor apparently agrees: "What is looming for Monday is completely avoidable, and there’s no excuses,” Ms. Hochul said, pleading for those who have not done so to get vaccinated," Hochul said during a weekend press briefing.

But we digress.

The situation is less dire in NYC, but there will still be plenty of hospitals left with massive staffing holes after mass-firings.

The city's largest private hospital network, NewYork-Presbyterian, has more than 200 employees who may face termination because they haven't received at least one jab.

Of course, as we have pointed out in recent posts, health-care workers are only a fraction of the worker who will be impacted by shortages across the economy. In California, nurse shortages have reached crisis levels in California, airlines are seeing flights frequently cancelled due to worker shortages.

As of late September, 84% of NY's 450,000 hospital workers and 83% of nursing home workers - which number around 45,400 - remained unvaccinated.

Despite being directly threatened by their superiors, most say they're refusing the jab on religious or health grounds, or because they're allergic to certain ingredients.

In an effort to scare workers into compliance, NY Gov. Kathy Hochul has threatened to find "foreign workers" to staff the Empire state's hospitals and care homes (despite the fact that vaccination rates are much lower in most of the world outside the US).

She has also threatened to call in the National Guard or order a state of emergency in a plan unveiled over the weekend.

NY's teachers are also facing a mandate to either get vaccinated or kiss their jobs goodbye. Roughly 10,000 public school workers, that's compared to 75K teachers and tens of thousands of other employees from custodians to paraprofessioanls.

Circling back to hospitals and care homes, institutions like Northwell are being relatively parsimonious with their exemptions for religious and health reasons, But some are getting through .

NY's emergency order doesn't stipulate how exactly hospitals and nursing homes should enforce it, and there's a good chance that hospitals serving communities in greater need will be forced to make exceptions. Black and Hispanic New Yorkers have gotten the jab in far lower numbers than white new Yorkers. The NYT points out in its story that some hospitals in the Bronx see unvaccinated rates among doctors and nurses reaching into double-digit territory.

At St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx, about 12 percent of the nearly 3,000 employees had not been vaccinated as of midday on Friday, the chief medical officer, Eric Appelbaum, said in an interview. The group includes roughly 3 important doctors, and plenty of badly eed studiws

Anecdotally hospitals are reporting a surge in vaccinations among hospital workers who haven't yet been vaccinated. But who knows what to believe. All we know is that we wouldn't want to be having an elective surgery or delivering a baby in NY right now.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Here is a correct link to address your highlighted verse

https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/hospital-worker-vaccinations

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
People refuse to get vaccinated because they do not trust the people or even the studies comparing the comparative risk between vaccination and covid per age cohort.

Their are a large number of people who have become true vaccination evangelists at almost any cost. They ignore the very real data of the dangers of the vaccine.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldHat
People refuse to get vaccinated because they do not trust the people or even the studies comparing the comparative risk between vaccination and covid per age cohort.

Their are a large number of people who have become true vaccination evangelists at almost any cost. They ignore the very real data of the dangers of the vaccine.

I was speaking with a lady yesterday who has been a Nurse for 50 years, she will be fired at the end of Oct, she wont take the shot. Like elsewhere, there is a critical shortage of healthcare workers, so it makes no sense.

There is also a distrust of the media which they brought on themselves by there lying, so it is the mistrust of Government and the lying media for me that stops me from getting the shot.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hochul. Just another liberal twat. Next she'll have the NY National Guard shooting people because they won't take the vaccine. Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great example of leadership on display in NY right now. 🙄

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Hochul. Just another liberal twat. Next she'll have the NY National Guard shooting people because they won't take the vaccine. Lol.

But at least it’ll be the people she wants gone getting shot.

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But don't worry the politicians have their own doctors

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Only in white neighborhoods.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bioweapon released on world, now "free" experimental shots mandated. Congress exempt, USPS exempt, illegals exempt but citizens required to take it? Fug your safety, my Freedom is more important! If I die from Covid, it is my decision and choice. Anyone wants the shot go get it..... take 50 shots! I caught the crap early on, sick for a month and survived. People that live in fear are mere cowards. I seen this fear in people I didn't expect! I attended a funeral for a 34 year old on Saturday from COVID-19. Left behind 2 kids. Still not getting a "shot".

Last edited by Esox357; 09/27/21.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Hi"The group includes roughly 3 important doctors....."
Hummm. So 3 important Drs are dumbasses? They arent taking the vax.

How can they be so important if they are so stupid? Sum timg wong. whistle

The pukes want this layoff. They will just blame the resultant hardships on Trumpster conservatives and increased deaths on Covid.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/27/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

This.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 673

I was speaking with a lady yesterday who has been a Nurse for 50 years, she will be fired at the end of Oct, she wont take the shot. Like elsewhere, there is a critical shortage of healthcare workers, so it makes no sense.

There is also a distrust of the media which they brought on themselves by there lying, so it is the mistrust of Government and the lying media for me that stops me from getting the shot.

And the bizarre part is that an unvaccinated person showing no symptoms is many times less likely to be shedding the virus than a vaccinated person showing no symptoms.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I work in the healthcare industry in Texas, but my company is headquartered in Colorado, so I have a lot of concerns about the mandate. For a litany of reasons, I absolutely do not want to get the vaccine, but to not do so, will mean I’m not only unemployed, but unemployable because there is no company in my industry that I am aware of that has less than 100 employees. I am not financially positioned to retire yet. This mandate could cost me everything, house, farm, all of it. To see our government move so rapidly to a totalitarian dictatorship is heart breaking. To see the elite elect, Congress, etc, be exempt from the mandate is infuriating. Royalty vs peasants…. That’s where we’re at today…

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Esox357

I caught the crap early on, sick for a month and survived. People that live in fear are mere cowards. I seen this fear in people I didn't expect! I attended a funeral for a 34 year old on Saturday from COVID-19. Left behind 2 kids. Still not getting a "shot".

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
It’s a huge psych ops campaign to force the free thinkers into submission using non-governmental powers like private employers to violate peoples rights and allow government plausible deniability.

That’ll be the lasting legacy of the couple years’ mess. Whether by design from the outset or an opportunity ceased upon we may never know, but the longer it goes on the more the former appears plausible.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Esox357
Bioweapon released on world, now "free" experimental shots mandated. Congress exempt, USPS exempt, illegals exempt but citizens required to take it? Fug your safety, my Freedom is more important! If I die from Covid, it is my decision and choice. Anyone wants the shot go get it..... take 50 shots! I caught the crap early on, sick for a month and survived. People that live in fear are mere cowards. I seen this fear in people I didn't expect! I attended a funeral for a 34 year old on Saturday from COVID-19. Left behind 2 kids. Still not getting a "shot".

Where is the "like" button.... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by efw
It’s a huge psych ops campaign to force the free thinkers into submission using non-governmental powers like private employers to violate peoples rights and allow government plausible deniability.

#HUGE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Other than Biden running his mouth, there is no official regulations in place yet, that require private sector companies to require vax mandates for workers.

OSHA & the Dept. of Labor have not issued regulations that I have seen, so private companies doing it are doing it because they want to.

My company falls into that category & we are doing nothing yet.

Unless I've missed something............................

MM

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,465 guests, and 750 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,594
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.