Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I recently purchased a brand new Mesa Precision Arms Altitude Carbon Fiber Stock for my Remington 700 SA 300 WSM. It arrived yesterday and I wasn't pleased with the craftsmanship.

It appears the stock, barrel channel wasn't correctlymilled out in the center of the stock. There's more material on the right side vs the left side of the stock looking from the butt end. The right side has a flat edge on top and the left side has a more rounded top. This is not what I expected from a high end carbon fiber stock. I have attached photos with digital caliper measurements. It looks worse with the barrel and receiver laying in the stock.

What do you guys think?

Mesa Precision Arms Altitude Carbon Fiber stock - Rem 700

Last edited by alanfranklin; 09/28/21.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I might need your gmail password to check out the pics

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Post the images on imgur or postimage. Don't use google.

https://imgur.com/
https://postimages.org/

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Slumlord, try it now

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
GAWD, what a piece of sheit. I am sure that wasn't cheap, I would be pissed also. Amazing that someone would let this go out the door, there seems to be so little of people actually caring about quality work anymore. If you accept it you are basically condoning that action and there is no reason for them to improve.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
That looks terrible. I would send it back for a refund.

"What's the point of being retired if you can't climb trees and wash your feet in the creek?" - Teal
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ok pics work now 👍

They let the Lighthouse for the Blind build that one?

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Looks bad.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Yeah - That isn't acceptable. Garbage QC there.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by cotis
GAWD, what a piece of sheit. I am sure that wasn't cheap, I would be pissed also. Amazing that someone would let this go out the door, there seems to be so little of people actually caring about quality work anymore. If you accept it you are basically condoning that action and there is no reason for them to improve.

It was a victim of covid

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by cotis

I purchased the stock through Red Hawk Rifles in Grand Junction, CO, but the stocks are made just down the road at Mesa according to the salesman. See link below. I have 2 McMillan Edge Hunters on Tikka T3Xs, guess I should've stuck with them.

https://mesaprecisionarms.com/products/rifle-stocks/altitude-stock/

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by alanfranklin
I recently purchased a brand new Mesa Precision Arms Altitude Carbon Fiber Stock for my Remington 700 SA 300 WSM. It arrived yesterday and I wasn't pleased with the craftsmanship.

It appears the stock, barrel channel wasn't correctlymilled out in the center of the stock. There's more material on the right side vs the left side of the stock looking from the butt end. The right side has a flat edge on top and the left side has a more rounded top. This is not what I expected from a high end carbon fiber stock. I have attached photos with digital caliper measurements. It looks worse with the barrel and receiver laying in the stock.

What do you guys think?

I think you should contact them and ask them to make it right. And if they don't, then it's time to post it on the internet.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Colorado14er
That looks terrible. I would send it back for a refund.

Rocket science...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by alanfranklin

What do you guys think?

I think you should contact them and ask them to make it right. And if they don't, then it's time to post it on the internet.

I emailed them this morning with the same pics and said I wanted to replace it or refund my money. Waiting for response!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got the same thing on a Barrett Fieldcraft 308 stock. I needed to cut the length of pull down anyway and wanted to refinish it in olive drab so I sanded the one side of the stock down. I should have just sent it back to Barrett and make them fix it.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW!!!!!!! You don't need calipers to tell that stock is way off. Looks like their QC department was on break when that one came through. You deserve another stock made the right way or your money refunded.

Jim

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
That, most likely slipped out the door on a Monday or Friday! I'll bet they make it right, along with some profuse apologies. I have the same stock, but for a Tikka, and it's perfect. Good luck!

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by texasbatman
WOW!!!!!!! You don't need calipers to tell that stock is way off. Looks like their QC department was on break when that one came through. You deserve another stock made the right way or your money refunded.

Jim

It appears QC was either on break or out that day! I wouldn't send anything that poor quality out my door!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Chit happens (happened). Result of using low paid factory workers rather than craftsmen, to not chitcan it. No doubt they'll make it right to cover their asses. I'd call both companies and make it damned obvious I am pissed besides the email... Then, take it as a lesson learned buying from the likes of RHRs and MP to be passed around the internet for all to see. It's trouble a consumer should not have to deal with. They fuucked the pooch. Or, grin and bear it. Up to you....

Today I think OldHat is funny. That stock definitely got the Chinky virus!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Send it back. Redhawk will do right by you.

FWIW, I have 3 Mesa Precision Attitude stocks and have no issues with any of them.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (6MMWASP, 673, 79S, 260Remguy, 7mm_Loco, 24 invisible), 1,060 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,206
Posts18,524,243
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.