Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Today's weird crime story.

Golfers assaulted on Gulf Shores course by several camo-clad subjects, police say
HAL SCHEURICHUPDATED 17 HRS AGO | POSTED ON SEP 29, 2021 0

Three golfers were injured when Gulf Shores Police said several camouflage-clad assailants came out of the woods and assaulted them Sunday, September 26, 2021. It happened at Craft Farms Golf Resort during a tournament.

The bizarre incident unfolded shortly after 1:00 p.m. as the threesome teed off at hole #3 on the Cotton Creek Course. The golfers told police someone hiding in the woods blew an air horn during each of their backswings. Police said the golfers confronted the person who they described as an older teen or college-aged male and after some words, a fight broke out. Police said several other suspects came out of the woods and beat the golfers.

“An assault occurred at that point. Some words were said, I’m sure back and forth and the people in the wood line were dressed in camouflage and they basically attacked these three golfers,” said Lt. Jason Woodruff with Gulf Shores Police.

One was taken to the hospital with a severe cut to the head and broken teeth. According to a resident who lives on Robinette Lane, a dead-end street which backs up to the tee box, the suspects got into a car and left the scene. Before they could leave the area, a concerned resident was able to get a picture of the getaway car and license plate.

“We believe that we are going to know who they were today. I think that we are getting close to an identification,” Woodruff said. “I think they’re probably…I won’t say local but local to this county.”

Fox 10 News spoke with the resident who took the picture by phone and got an account of what he saw. While doing yardwork, he noticed the car pull in and turn around at the dead end but didn’t think much of it. A short time later, the car came back, and he confronted the female driver and male passenger. They told him they were picking friends up who’d been fishing on the golf course but had been run off by a property owner.

It was about this time when he told Fox 10 News several subjects came out of the woods wearing face paint and camouflage. When they hurriedly jumped in the car to leave, he took the picture of the car and tag. It wasn’t until later that he learned of the assault on the golfers just moments before and only a stones-throw away.

John Reimers also lives next to hole number three on Robinette Lane and was in disbelief over what happened.

“Very shocking! Hard to believe something like that would be set up and done in this neighborhood and especially on this golf course on private property,” Reimers said.

Craft Farms General Manager, Chad Leonard said in his 25-years in the golf industry, he’s never seen anything like this and assures customers this was an isolated incident.

“Craft Farms is a safe place to play golf. This was completely isolated,” Leonard explained. “These guys could have picked any golf course in the area. We were the unlucky ones.”

Police said they are looking for up to six people involved in the assault and two others in the getaway car. Those suspects could face a range of serious charges.

From FOX 10 News

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wasnt there a thread about BLM and Goofers?

“Very shocking! Hard to believe something like that would be set up and done in this neighborhood and especially on this golf course on private property,”

Hilarious!

"We are rich! Live in a nice neighborhood!
THESE are good people. (Rich, not the unwashed masses)
And it happens on a golf course. Golf is about GENTLEMEN."

Sorry corksorker. Your money and status can't always protect you.

Hopefully this was a one off of ne'er-do-well
punks out on a lark.

It's fun to poke at the entitled, poor or rich.
But it would be unfortunate if this become a trend.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shoukd of picked a different sport...like shooting?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup, Jackass 2

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
SJWs getting off Twitter and going after the patriarchy

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
One of my hunting pards knows the owner of a golf course a bit north of here that was having a problem with geese $hitting all over the greens. The owner knows we hunt so he asked if we could help him out. So we set up cameras before Early Goose to see what time they show up. There were about 59 total that would come to the loading roost between 9 and 10. So my pard got enough guns to make a dent in each flock - 8 of us.

The owner shut down that 9 in the am until we came back. But the Havershams who were members couldn’t wait their Tee time with the lowly proletariat on the other 9 and skipped to our 9. We stayed in our hide in the greenside/pond pines until after they played through when we landed the first flock. Lead gun said take em and we lit em up. 22 dead birds. The old lady damn near had a stroke on the next fairway...she almost fell down. They called the sheriff, who got a good laugh, and the owner. Took 15 out of the next flock, loaded up the golf carts with dead birds, and headed out. Owner later told us the couple wanted their membership fee refunded. No joy.

That was a fun hunt even if we only fired 6 rounds each. Hope to do it again.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I’m thinking Socs and Greasers.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
As a golfer, I think it’s hilarious. Usually the serious golfers are too damned uptight to be any good. I do give the Mickelson bonus points for throwing his club and wanting to kick some ass. You just know he was playing for the club championship.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
TBS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Full contact Golf - what a concept!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm armed when I golf

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"But it was just a joke," said Smarty McDumfook in the ER as doctors prepared to operate on his shattered knee, the result of a full swing with a 7-iron.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
"But it was just a joke," said Smarty McDumfook in the ER as doctors prepared to operate on his shattered knee, the result of a full swing with a 7-iron.

I’m pretty sure Knoxville could take you, even with his bursitis.

😂

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by goalie
I'm armed when I golf

Same.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The "perps" have been located, but no charges filed. I was a teenager when that course was built. We "terrorized" the new golfers with Holley carburetors and headers. And possibly the occasional drunk hanging out the window hollering fore!!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Guy had a golf club in his hand and got his a$$ beat?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My buddies would've been laughing so hard if that happened at guy's weekend.

The whole "silence" thing cracks me up. I was used to people actively attempting to impede me as a goalie. We play music and fugg with each other on the tee box.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by goalie
My buddies would've been laughing so hard if that happened at guy's weekend.

The whole "silence" thing cracks me up. I was used to people actively attempting to impede me as a goalie. We play music and fugg with each other on the tee box.

Yep, its part of life where I come from, talk chit, try to get your opponent off their game.

My "friends" would stand just behind the firing line and try to "help" me in the off hand stages. And I did the same to them.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Among friends is one thing but you gotta be a special level of retard to want to annoy a total stranger that’s trying to golf.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Easy solution..............start carrying of the course.

Schitt like this will likely get worse (in some areas) before it gets better.

MM

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,799
Posts18,496,275
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.