Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I had another big buck that I haven't seen in weeks come in last night. I don't know why else theses individuals are coming into a place that had mainly seen smaller bucks unless its to investigate the odor. The smaller bucks are no where to be seen after I put the scent out (though I've seen them early before I do).

That was with the Wildlife Research Golden Estrus?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes.

It is strong. I got the larger bottle of it and it smells through the sealed bottle. I put the bottle in a zip-lock bag and I can smell it through that.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 10/04/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is the mutant buck that seemed to be really interested in the Wildlife Research Gold. I put the scent pad too close to my camera. Two nights in a row this guy and another 8 point came sniffing around. Last night I went out and the 8 point (not the one pictured) was sniffing around the pad. I had a Primos "The Can" doe bleat call when I went out to look at him. He saw me, watched, then took off full steam for the road. I sounded that call and he literally did a 180, ran back on the other side of my shed, and walked behind it out to where he was originally staring at me.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I've got Tinks out tonight and the camera set up.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
How much of this do you use and how?

I typically tie small pieces of fabric about 6 feet off the ground and put a few drops on each piece of fabric. But it sounds like some of you are using a lot more than that.

Pour it on!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I put Tinks out last night. Not as much interest, at least on camera, though that pad was moved, too. Tinks smells more natural than Wildlife Research, but the Wildlife Research stuff will stink up a bigger area with the same amount as Tinks. I have no idea which is more effective. But I suspect you'll have to use less WR than Tinks. WR reeks.

I got a lot of does on camera last night and a couple of the smaller bucks that I hadn't seen in a few days. I'm not seeing any swollen necks and the bucks seem more interested in seed than in the does right now.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 10/05/21.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Nathan13
There's a sucker ( or a thousand of them it seems) born every minute

You, ummmm, probably don't want to compare photo albums with roundoak. wink smile

lol that ain't no chidt!

I've had pretty decent luck with Tink's,

Strangest thing, I was sitting in a tree next to a cattail swamp and heard deep grunting coming through the weeds. As I was mentally preparing myself for the giant buck that was coming, a doe walked in and started rubbing her head on the ground where I dumped it, grunting like crazy.

Weird.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I’ve had more success using Code Blue products than Tinks. Have tried most of them but rely on Code Blue exclusively now. I put some cotton balls in a prescription bottle and tape a clothespin on the side. Dump some estrous scent in it and clip it on a branch upwind of your stand. I use their Scrapemate scent in mock scrapes also works well in scent bombs like I described above pre-rut.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I used to us a 35mm film canister the same way, works good. I'll have to dig through a couple cabinets and see if I still have them. Lately use the scent wicks. I do remove them when I'm not in the stand and keep them sealed in a couple zip-lock bags but you definately can still smell them. My wife now knows to not open those little brown bottles in the house! Lol!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I put the Wildlife Research Gold Estrus out last night. Captured this guy sniffing around, left, then came back eating acorns This time the scent pad was not moved. Went out this morning to pull my sim card and could smell that estrus as soon as I stepped outside.

Got images of some smaller bucks early this morning.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've had better luck with this:

https://www.peterickard.com/products/super-doe

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I put the Wildlife Research Gold Estrus out last night. Captured this guy sniffing around, left, then came back eating acorns This time the scent pad was not moved. Went out this morning to pull my sim card and could smell that estrus as soon as I stepped outside.

Got images of some smaller bucks early this morning.

damn, 80 degrees

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by blairvt

damn, 80 degrees

It definitely amplifies the funk.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had good success with Code Blue awhile ago but pretty much stopped using scents.

I was always paranoid that all the stuff on the shelf was old.

A buddy suggested Antler Ice which is fresh frozen urine and I'm going to try it this year for the first time I bought it frozen and I have it in my freezer.

I though I'd give it a try.

Anybody else use it?

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I’ve had success bringing bucks in that I still use it. However, I’ve never seen it bring in a mature buck in daylight.

M
M
Never brought a buck in, have seen Doe refuse to cross the air streaming from it. I stopped wasting $

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Iv'e got some Tink's from like 1979 still in the bubble wrap I'd sell for like $150 if anyone is interested. No refund sale , lol,

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It's like wine, it gets better with time.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jeeper

Iv'e got some Tink's from like 1979 still in the bubble wrap I'd sell for like $150 if anyone is interested. No refund sale , lol,

laugh

I did hear a story, may have been here on the 'fire, about a guy spilling a bottle on the front dash, down the vents, of the family mini-van. sick

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I use this fogger spray Tinks. Works well, and covers a good distance.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Foggy Mountain Hot Doe.
Back in late 80s, killed a small buck that came right to it.
Found bottle almost empty in bag the next yr. Used it, another buck shot off it.

100" guys.

Same deal w HS Buck Lure Supreme #1.
Pop a 100" 8 with it.

Only mature buck Ive had come in during daylight, was to a scent dripper on a ridge. Wildlife Research stuff.

145" .....Know because he was shot a couple days later LOL ( but not by me ).

I quit using scents around 95.

Grunt call and or little bleat can, ill be rockin those come Halloween yes sir.

Last edited by hookeye; 10/15/21.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

232 members (10gaugemag, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 338reddog, 39 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,701
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.