Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Well said John. Agree 100%

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IZH27
HC.

Do you sin?

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

Since I obeyed the gospel as described so clearly in the video above...

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

Watch the video for details before it's too late.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
HC.

Do you sin?

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

Is that a yes? I don’t know if it’s a yes or no since I don’t communicate through videos.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by srwshooter
If there is a such thing as a god, if there is I don't believe you can be an ass your whole life and find god 5 minutes before you die and go to heaven. Live life the right way and treat people right and you may go. Again, if there is such a place.

You’re certainly not alone in feeling that way. MANY people can likely relate exactly to your sentiments. “Live life the right way and treat people right” is sound wisdom. Period.

Jesus forgave a thief dangling on a cross near death, knowing full well the thief had converted out of plain fear. His life was deemed so worthless that it wasn’t even seen as being fit to be worked to death on a Roman galley. That thief would never study the Bible, never attend a church, and never make amends to those he had wronged. He simply said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

And not because of anything he’d done, but in spite of everything he’d done. It was just a desperate plea for grace and mercy from a dying man. And Jesus promised him, “Today you will be with me in paradise.” It’s a reminder that salvation isn’t about our own efforts or our good works. God’s grace doesn’t depend on what we’ve done for Him, but rather on what God has done for us.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
HC.

I had enough signal to pull down YouTube while driving around at work and listened to your man’s sermon.

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
HC

I listened to this sermon.

Does what this man says represent your beliefs?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You have not been freed to sin, but freed from sin, and its dominion over you.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
were can i buy one of these licences?

NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If man dwells on "to sin or not to sin" he's doing so from a prospective of living in the world. The ultimate goal is to be in the world but not "of" the world.

That's a very difficult task,...usually only the various Monk societies actually succeed in being in the world but not of the world.

For the rest of us, we split the difference between the two while existing within various levels of each.

Young people live "in" the world. As we age, the world naturally becomes less connected to us, and as a result, we become less connected to the world.

My experience has been, that the more I age, the easier it is to be "in the world, but not of the world.

As for "sin" at this age, my primary sinful behavior is connected to maintaining a positive relationship with my fellow man. All the traditional sins have fallen by the wayside as a result of the aging process and the fact that I've participated in them until they hold no more interest for me.

So, to sum up, these days my efforts to live a relatively sin free life is centered on my ability to accept my fellow man as people worthy of my empathy and compassion.

Some make it easy. Some don;'t,....and I don't know if I'll ever reach the point of doing so which is indicated for in the Bible.

I've never been a particularly tolerant man in that regard.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
HC

I revived this thread to allow HC to address questions that I have about the presenter.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Is Bill back?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
HC

I revived this thread to allow HC to address questions that I have about the presenter.

Bill is at church right now currently fleecing the sheep.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I’d like him to share some thoughts after his afternoon nap.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by srwshooter
If there is a such thing as a god, if there is I don't believe you can be an ass your whole life and find god 5 minutes before you die and go to heaven. Live life the right way and treat people right and you may go. Again, if there is such a place.

You’re certainly not alone in feeling that way. MANY people can likely relate exactly to your sentiments. “Live life the right way and treat people right” is sound wisdom. Period.

Jesus forgave a thief dangling on a cross near death, knowing full well the thief had converted out of plain fear. His life was deemed so worthless that it wasn’t even seen as being fit to be worked to death on a Roman galley. That thief would never study the Bible, never attend a church, and never make amends to those he had wronged. He simply said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

And not because of anything he’d done, but in spite of everything he’d done. It was just a desperate plea for grace and mercy from a dying man. And Jesus promised him, “Today you will be with me in paradise.” It’s a reminder that salvation isn’t about our own efforts or our good works. God’s grace doesn’t depend on what we’ve done for Him, but rather on what God has done for us.

And you would not know any of that without the Bible. Everything you know about Christ you got from the same Bible you denigrate constantly.

Last edited by OldHat; 02/13/22.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
HC.

Do you sin?

Is that a yes? I don’t know if it’s a yes or no since I don’t communicate through videos.

Read the verse or do you reject the Bible.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by mirage243
HC

Bill is at church right now currently fleecing the sheep.

Yeah...but his butt buddy Old Hat just showed up.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OldHat, are you another Bill Stallings sock puppet? I'm guessing yes.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by NVhntr
OldHat, are you another Bill Stallings sock puppet? I'm guessing yes.

Has to be.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If man dwells on "to sin or not to sin" he's doing so from a prospective of living in the world. The ultimate goal is to be in the world but not "of" the world. That's a very difficult task,...usually only the various Monk societies actually succeed in being in the world but not of the world. For the rest of us, we split the difference between the two while existing within various levels of each.
Young people live "in" the world. As we age, the world naturally becomes less connected to us, and as a result, we become less connected to the world. My experience has been, that the more I age, the easier it is to be "in the world, but not of the world. As for "sin" at this age, my primary sinful behavior is connected to maintaining a positive relationship with my fellow man. All the traditional sins have fallen by the wayside as a result of the aging process and the fact that I've participated in them until they hold no more interest for me. So, to sum up, these days my efforts to live a relatively sin free life is centered on my ability to accept my fellow man as people worthy of my empathy and compassion. Some make it easy. Some don;'t,....and I don't know if I'll ever reach the point of doing so which is indicated for in the Bible. I've never been a particularly tolerant man in that regard.
That’s a good post Bristoe. To me, where you’ve ended up, in summation, is what it was truly about all along. Loving God and loving others. And you show your love for God by loving others. Others that God loves, others who are also the supreme object of His creation. Jesus said that was the very thing that would identify those who were truly His disciples. It ain’t not eating bacon, it ain’t sayin’ a creed or following rules, it ain’t reading the Bible or memorizing verses or goin’ to church. Ones love for God is *chiefly* demonstrated, illustrated, and authenticated by loving others.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sin Boldly!

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 260madman, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,172
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.