J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by JGRaider

It takes a great leap of faith to believe the stars, sun, moon, etc came into existence by anything other than God Almighty. Spending any time at all outdoors, paying attention, makes me shake my head at this simple minded fallacy.

Actually it doesn't. We know how these items came into existence.

What we don't know is how the Big Bang was initiated in the first place. The very theory itself says we can never know. The Big Bang theory does not preclude its initiation by a Creator.

What is a leap of faith, though, is all the subsequent events in the book of Genesis. There is no evidence that they occurred and in most cases substantial evidence that they didn't.

It does require faith that's for sure. No evidence? Surely you jest.

Psalm 19

1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
3 They have no speech, they use no words;
no sound is heard from them.
4 Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
5 It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
6 It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is deprived of its warmth.

I said evidence, not declarations by some Bronze Age tribe. Something in the Bible does not qualify as evidence for truth for the Bible. It is circular reasoning.

Incidentally the sun does not move across the sky as the psalm implies. The earth rotates. God knows the difference.

Its plain to see His words were correct in telling us about fools.

Its plain to see from your posts on the fire that you are one.

No vaccine used in the US is FDA approved, and yet you get your own children to act as lab rats.

You see Biden trying to destroy this, your country, and you stupidly give your kids for him to destroy too.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/04/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KFWA
I don't talk much about my religion

I believe in a higher power, mainly because there are questions that man cannot answer.

But however you want to frame that higher power, I'm convinced that power doesn't give two schits about what happens on this planet or any other one for that matter.

Its how the world makes sense to me. I find I don't have to think much about it at all when I keep that perspective on things.

THIS! exactly. It is human instinct to believe in a higher power. if not, then any OTHER Human could claim to be a higher power (Hitler, Manson, Jones). The only thing organized religions do is prey on that instinct by making up a bunch of S Hit and charge money to tell the story. that's it. It's all fabricated ornaments on a tree. the more ornaments on the tree, the more money they get. Everything other than "There is a higher power" is all made up crap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldHat

It takes a great leap of faith to believe the stars, sun, moon, etc came into existence by anything other than God Almighty. Spending any time at all outdoors, paying attention, makes me shake my head at this simple minded fallacy.

What we don't know is how the Big Bang was initiated in the first place. The very theory itself says we can never know. The Big Bang theory does not preclude its initiation by a Creator.

What is a leap of faith, though, is all the subsequent events in the book of Genesis. There is no evidence that they occurred and in most cases substantial evidence that they didn't.

Psalm 19

I said evidence, not declarations by some Bronze Age tribe.

Incidentally the sun does not move across th sky as the psalm implies.

The explanation for creation is not scientific so a bronze age tribe has as much insight into the origin of the universe as we do.

But in those times, people thought it did. Perhaps God knew that (the writing of the Psalms) was not the time or place for lessons on astronomy.

Macro evolution is the theory (and its just that, theory that has become a dogma — its own religions) that is not scientific and is one of the biggest lies perpetuated on mankind.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I believe in a higher power, mainly because there are questions that man cannot answer.

But however you want to frame that higher power, I'm convinced that power doesn't give two schits about what happens on this planet or any other one for that matter.

Its how the world makes sense to me. I find I don't have to think much about it at all when I keep that perspective on things.

That's called deism. It is a worn and tried belief and defies the evidence we do have. The evidence points to a caring God.

Reading Thomas Paine did it for me. It seems many of the founding fathers felt that way as well.

genocide, natural disasters, plague, disease - caring God ?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Well, color me curious…. What “subsequent events” have not only “no evidence” that they occurred, but further, there exists “substantial evidence that they didn’t.”

Inquiring minds want to know…..

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
what "evidence" does anyone have of god ? aside from the bull S hit they make up, or had forced down their throat from the time they could understand language?

one of the most basic premises behind religion is you HAVE GOT to get to the when they're young. This is even written in the bible somewhere...

Take a 2 year old and preach "jesus loves me" to it and "god is good, god is great" for 10 years, throw in some cookies and kool aid and you got them hooked for life. do the same thing to a 40 year old who's been educated but never heard of jesus...not so much. The more you learn about the world and science, the harder it is to swallow all this crap.

most bible thumpers quote the bible and play fast and loose with the text. When it suits their purposes, they treat it like the literally perfect word of god, and, in a peculiar twist of logic, they quote the Bible itself to back up their claim...circular logic.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I still cant believe that the little children that get killed before they get exposed to some Christian dont get to go to heaven.

I just cant believe that.

Believe/don’t believe….personal decision and I respect either. I also detest either side pushing their views on others that clearly don’t believe the same way.

Same as vax, masks, marijuana etc….

Define "pushing". Just talking about ones religion is not "pushing".

You just defined 90% of the problem believers face trying to convert nonbelievers, way too much “talk” and no actions. Let your actions be your witness. Talk is cheap.

Last edited by jackmountain; 10/04/21.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Saying that god created the universe doesn't really solve any mystery. Because the next logical question simply becomes okay then how was god created? That explanation doesn't answer a question it just exchanges it for another one. You speak of simple minded fallacies because someone believes the universe came from nothing but can't seem to see that similarity of believing that a god capable of creating the universe from nothing apparently came from nothing himself. What's the difference?

Last edited by Willto; 10/04/21.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
So an infant born into a staunch Muslim family will get taken up by a Christian god in the event they die before reaching a minimum age requirement. Wouldn't god figure that that infant would likely have developed to follow Islam as well? Wouldn't that be a preemptive violation of free will?

Also if someone murders their infant haven't they then guaranteed the infant a place in heaven under the minimum age exemption clause? And if the murdering parent repents their sins and asks for forgiveness and accepts Jesus as their savior, aren't they also going to go to heaven? Sounds like a win win situation.

Interesting point, but I would have chose a different religion than Islamic, simply because Christians and Islamics worship the same God. I believe the Bible will confirm that about our half brothers and sisters.

Schitt, you did it now.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Psalm 19

I said evidence, not declarations by some Bronze Age tribe. Something in the Bible does not qualify as evidence for truth for the Bible. It is circular reasoning.

Incidentally the sun does not move across the sky as the psalm implies. The earth rotates. God knows the difference.

Just another in a long line of your retarded attempts at being relevant. Seems like you'd eventually find a subject you know something about. Congrats on trying though.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Psalm 19

No vaccine used in the US is FDA approved, and yet you get your own children to act as lab rats.

You see Biden trying to destroy this, your country, and you stupidly give your kids for him to destroy too.

IndyCA has a propensity for proving he's a mind numb clownshow no matter the subject. He's proven it over and over again.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

That's called deism. It is a worn and tried belief and defies the evidence we do have. The evidence points to a caring God.

Reading Thomas Paine did it for me. It seems many of the founding fathers felt that way as well.

Their big words did not do much for them. They are bones in the grave. Pfft.

You presume to know what is best. You think our purpose is to live pain free. You think the goal of life is hedonism. It is not. Hedonism and prosperity perverts the human condition and always has. Look at America right now. I dumpster fire caused by good times and weak men.

If evil is your evidence then the counter evidence is the good in the world. He offers Love, caring, charity, joy, compassion. These are the things that make life meaningful. Things don't make life meaningful. The greatest evidence of His caring is His Son as a sacrifice. God uses suffering to bring us closer to Him.

This is called the "Problem of Evil". Theological answers to it have been had for centuries. They are called Theodicies.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
So an infant born into a staunch Muslim family will get taken up by a Christian god in the event they die before reaching a minimum age requirement. Wouldn't god figure that that infant would likely have developed to follow Islam as well? Wouldn't that be a preemptive violation of free will?

Also if someone murders their infant haven't they then guaranteed the infant a place in heaven under the minimum age exemption clause? And if the murdering parent repents their sins and asks for forgiveness and accepts Jesus as their savior, aren't they also going to go to heaven? Sounds like a win win situation.

Interesting point, but I would have chose a different religion than Islamic, simply because Christians and Islamics worship the same God. I believe the Bible will confirm that about our half brothers and sisters.

False. They are the complete opposite. It is a myth that Islam is an Abrahamic religion.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Willto

Saying that god created the universe doesn't really solve any mystery. Because the next logical question simply becomes okay then how was god created? That explanation doesn't answer a question it just exchanges it for another one. You speak of simple minded fallacies because someone believes the universe came from nothing but can't seem to see that similarity of believing that a god capable of creating the universe from nothing apparently came from nothing himself. What's the difference?

That question you came up with has already been answered as well.

Revelation 1:8 ESV
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

God uses suffering to bring us closer to Him.

that will be the most messed up thing I will read all week.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

God uses suffering to bring us closer to Him.

that will be the most messed up thing I will read all week.

That is because you think what is important is not important. You think pleasure is lifes goal.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Willto

That question you came up with has already been answered as well.

Revelation 1:8 ESV
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.

It takes a great deal of something called stupid to think an explosion of gasses caused life, dna, rna, a structured universe rather than intelligent design.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Psalm 19

IndyCA has a propensity for proving he's a mind numb clownshow no matter the subject. He's proven it over and over again.

The Truth has a way of coming out.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I still cant believe that the little children that get killed before they get exposed to some Christian dont get to go to heaven.

I just cant believe that.

I don't believe that either Jim, that's some messed up thinking

Romans 5:1
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

Their big words did not do much for them. They are bones in the grave. Pfft.

You presume to know what is best. You think our purpose is to live pain free. You think the goal of life is hedonism. It is not. Hedonism and prosperity perverts the human condition and always has. Look at America right now. I dumpster fire caused by good times and weak men.

If evil is your evidence then the counter evidence is the good in the world. He offers Love, caring, charity, joy, compassion. These are the things that make life meaningful. Things don't make life meaningful. The greatest evidence of His caring is His Son as a sacrifice. God uses suffering to bring us closer to Him.

This is called the "Problem of Evil". Theological answers to it have been had for centuries. They are called Theodicies.

Do you know KWFA personally or are you just making presumptions about him based on him being a deist?

Page 5 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (160user, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 270cowboy, 22250rem, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 1,761 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,133
Posts18,523,175
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.