Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
our Generals will call China and let them know when Taiwan is about to attack

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by flintlocke
If their military is equipped by the Chinese contractors who supply Harbor Freight, all Taiwan needs to do is last a week or two.

What if they bought the extended warranty?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A few things.

Chinese stuff doesn't need to be good, they just have to have more of it and/or be able to replace it faster than their opponents. Or, if they have a relatively safe base of supply and operations, they just need to keep at it longer.

76 years ago guys with Mosin Nagants in the hands of illiterate peasants beat guys with ballistic missiles and jet fighters, even when the kill ratio was 3 to 1 in favor of the guys that got beat. In 1975 a tiny country outlasted the mightiest military in the world even though the kill ratio was over 20 to 1 against the guys who eventually accomplished their strategic goals. A few months ago another bunch of illiterate guys who f*ck goats outlasted that same ultra high tech military, again even though the kill ratio was hugely in favor of the country who left.

The "best" military is nice but not a requirement for victory.

Taiwan is a major world wide producer of computer chips. If the backlog is bad now think what it would be if that supply were to be completely shut down.

The world economy doesn't much care about little excursions against Muslim primitives in Afghanistan or the Middle East as long as oil keeps flowing. But a major conflict between two or more big players that shut down highly needed exports of all kinds?

Won't even get into the domestic economic impact if the US of A was directly attacked by even one nuclear weapon except that historically attacks directly against our populace have galvanized and unified the country like nothing else. Of course in previous times the media was in favor of unification and galvanization, too many "ifs" to know what would eventually happen in that scenario today.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
If their military is equipped by the Chinese contractors who supply Harbor Freight, all Taiwan needs to do is last a week or two.

I don't know HarFreight will just hand you another IME

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Russia only beat Germany with our help and Hitler's insane micromanagement.
Vietnam was given away by our national media cabal. LBJ managed to f-up enough to get the majority of our men murdered with his insane micromanagement. Biden gave away Afghanistan and our hi tech weapons along with it thanks to a stolen election.

What will happen to Taiwan if attacked is anybody's guess. I'm guessing WWIII. I don't think China wants that but who knows. We've given them so much over the years they could be thinking like Japan was before WWII. We are now taken over by malevolent maniacs bent on destroying America as it was founded and doing a splendid job of it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by grouseman
Biden will probably openly support China's act of war somehow. And the media will too.

He pulled it off over Afghanistan. We as citizens could only watch. There were some former spec ops guys and some contractors who are working on getting Americans and green card holders out but the federal government under Obiden did nothing. Joe is going to be hiding in his basement when China hits the Taiwan beeches. Freedom as we recognize it is going to go away under Obiden.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Taiwan is nothing by a gnat on China's ass. If China got serious, it would be one of those 3-hour wars.

Last edited by 1minute; 10/04/21.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wonder what college game Kamala will be coin tossing when it is going down?

One saving grace Joe has over Obama- least we don't have to hear the phrase " Top Priority" every twenty minutes.

Last edited by kenjs1; 10/04/21.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Taiwan is a tough nut for China to crack. I don’t think the Communist have the capacity to get across the the straits currently. The CCP could certainly wreck Taiwan but successfully invading is too much for the current communist China’s military. It takes total control of the airspace above the invasion force in modern times for the invasion to succeed. I don’t think the communist have the capability to protect an invasion force or even the transport capacity. Then there’s the very likely possibility that Taiwan is already nuclear armed. A couple of nukes into the invasion fleet and that’s the end of the invasion.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by 45_100
This administration is China's best opportunity to further their agenda of world domination.

Precisely.
I’m surprised its taken so long for China to get frisky with Taiwan.

NRA Patron
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by GAGoober
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by GAGoober
China will eventually roll through Taiwan like crap through a goose and there ain’t nothing this administration will do to stop it

Will any other country in the world attempt to help Taiwan?

We & others will with a bunch of hot air rhetoric and some sanctions or posturing. When it comes to physical armed military support-NO

This could become interesting because China has some pretty strong economic ties with several other countries having moved a good bit of it's manufacturing out of China for cheaper production costs.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think Taiwan is fully aware of CCP's intention to bring them into the flock and has been for many years. I think they have been preparing for this but also counting on other nations to support them (US, UK, Australia, Japan and probably others). Our current administration will not do anything to oppose the CCP's advances.

Taiwan Semiconductor is one of the largest producers of semiconductors in the world. They are currently building a new facility on 1500 acres of land North of Phoenix, Arizona. They expect to turn out chips the middle of next year. My son works for one of the contractors. He said they have to pour 255,000 yards of concrete by July next year. My numbers might not be exact but they are close.

This tells me TSC is making plans in case things don't go well with the CCP. Taiwan Semi Conductor not Tractor Supply Company.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 45_100
I think Taiwan is fully aware of CCP's intention to bring them into the flock and has been for many years. I think they have been preparing for this but also counting on other nations to support them (US, UK, Australia, Japan and probably others). Our current administration will not do anything to oppose the CCP's advances.

Taiwan Semiconductor is one of the largest producers of semiconductors in the world. They are currently building a new facility on 1500 acres of land North of Phoenix, Arizona. They expect to turn out chips the middle of next year. My son works for one of the contractors. He said they have to pour 255,000 yards of concrete by July next year. My numbers might not be exact but they are close.

This tells me TSC is making plans in case things don't go well with the CCP. Taiwan Semi Conductor not Tractor Supply Company.

Yes, if you think there's a chip shortage now....TSMC has the best fabs in the world and are one reason AMD is beating Intel.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Also, one has to wonder if China's money problems have something to do with the saber rattling and tough talk? Evergrande default is just the tip of the iceberg. Multiple sources say China is experiencing power shutdowns, 1 day a week...many manufacturing facilities are down to a 3 day work week. Hard to get a straight story out of China, but it sounds serious, debt load is 300% of GDP....that sounds bad. We are sweating it here, in 2020 our debt to GDP was 129%. Gordon Chang has claimed for years that China is a financial train wreck waiting to happen.
My point being, maybe it ain't all about Joe's weakness.

Last edited by flintlocke; 10/04/21.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Also, one has to wonder if China's money problems have something to do with the saber rattling and tough talk? Evergrande default is just the tip of the iceberg. Multiple sources say China is experiencing power shutdowns, 1 day a week...many manufacturing facilities are down to a 3 day work week. Hard to get a straight story out of China, but it sounds serious, debt load is 300% of GDP....that sounds bad. We are sweating it here, in 2020 our debt to GDP was 129%. Gordon Chang has claimed for years that China is a financial train wreck waiting to happen.
My point being, maybe it ain't all about Joe's weakness.

This is very true and China may very well be on the verge of financial collapse. The CCP would be desperate for something to unite the Chinese. A long shot war with little chance of success is a possibility. If the CCP goes that route the entire world economy would crash. Unplug Taiwan semiconductor manufacturing and Chinese industrial manufacturing and purchasing in one fell swoop would devastate the entire world supply chain. not to mention Japan and the rest of SE Asia being sucked in.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The world economy will rock and roll. This could be an economic black swan if it happens.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is time to send some Flying Tigers to the good Chinese.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Japan has publicly stated they will defend Taiwan. India and Japan have mutual defense agreements.

If Japan gets into it.... America gets into it.

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

a Fleet with 5 aircraft carriers has been going back and forth through the Tiawan Strait. Maybe it will get there attention.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
With the lethality and precision of today's weapons, it's likely that any large international/intercontinental wars will be "fight with what you have" and will be decided in days, weeks or months. They would not be protracted wars like WWI or WWII where ramping up your industrial infrastructure, raw material production and national supply chain will matter.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (1OntarioJim, achadwick, 257_X_50, 21, 35, 7887mm08, 14 invisible), 1,012 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,922
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.