Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I will say this without hesitation though......if you own a Leica sport optic product, a guy at Leica by the name of Hamilton Boykin is world class, and will go to bat for you, and you need to know how to contact this guy. He actually picks up the phone and calls you, while everyone else there plays grabasss via email every 6 hours.

Can confirm this 100%! I have a scope that's only a few years old that had a tiny spot of I don't know what inside it that worked its way into a visible spot on the glass and stuck there. I reached out to Leica through Facebook and was lucky enough (based on what I'm seeing here) to have STARTED the warranty inquiry through Hamilton. Got an RMA request set up, I received a return label and sent it off no problem! It did take them about three months to get the scope back to me, but I wasn't in a rush so that wasn't an issue.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yeah, poor ol' Bob is a one trick pony....a troll with nothing to offer.

Anyway, I got a message from Leica CS today, and they have supposedly fixed a badly misaligned laser, tested it extensively, and it will be on the way back to me by this afternoon. IME with several different "manufacturers", from a start to finish standpoint of about 2 1/2 weeks turnaround I'll put that in exemplary/outstanding ranking, since they actually serviced the unit and didn't replace it. I'd guess it's highly likely that getting Hamilton involved greatly sped up the process, or if not, in spite of a technicality within Leica of calling it a "new" unit (it was new though), maybe Leica realized that "new" units should actually work they fixed it promptly. I'm not sure, but I'm betting on Hamilton's involvement.

Nevertheless, it's headed back to me. If anyone needs the names of people with Leica involved in my situation shoot me a PM.

JG company cultures are not changed overnight, sounds like things worked out for you.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
They did work out, and am well pleased with the result, but the process needed some prodding. It's all good.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m glad you finally got some satisfaction and resolution from Leica, JG.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks Jordan, me as well. I'm looking forward to using them chasing muleys and whitetails, starting next week. Should be fun, and I should really get to know the unit well.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Update (FWIW):
Started my mule deer hunting, so got a chance to really wring out the newly repaired/new unit. This Geovid 3200's won't range past 400 yds or so, even on white/silver metal structures, tank batteries, etc even after Leica claimed they tested them extensively before sending them back to me, claiming the laser was "badly out of alignment". Maybe this is considered a rant, but I'm amazed at how a unit this costly is wildly outclassed by a Sig 2200 BDX.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Update (FWIW):
Started my mule deer hunting, so got a chance to really wring out the newly repaired/new unit. This Geovid 3200's won't range past 400 yds or so, even on white/silver metal structures, tank batteries, etc even after Leica claimed they tested them extensively before sending them back to me, claiming the laser was "badly out of alignment". Maybe this is considered a rant, but I'm amazed at how a unit this costly is wildly outclassed by a Sig 2200 BDX.

You probably lost some folks at” tank batteries”. LOL

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

That is disappointing JG. Now that you're in for a penny, in for a pound, are going to contact your guy at Leica and give it another try?

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Right on lynntelk! alpine, yes I did contact him. It appears they're going to send a prepaid shipping label so at least I won't have to spend $$ sending them back but it sure sucks that (1) they can't make a $3000+ rangefinder that actually works, and (2) they obviously don't know how to fix them and test them correctly before they proclaim they're good as new and send them back to you. Since they were new in the first place they should have simply replaced them in the first place and be done with it, but I guess the German's made them attempt to fix instead.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I don't know if it's true now, but in the past Leica's repair facility was very limited and more times than not the item had to make the trip across the pond. I'm assuming Leica has increased their ability to repair optics sold in North America along with their newfound emphasis on warranty and CS.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
It appears that Leica, for whatever reason, determined that these were in fact faulty, which they should have done in the first place. Anyway, they have sent me a brand new replacement unit, to replace this basically brand new unit. Hopefully this one lives up to the hype. Once again, Hamilton is a must have contact if you own a Leica anything.

Not sure if I'll use them, sell them, or what at this point.

Last edited by JGRaider; 12/05/21.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It appears that Leica, for whatever reason, determined that these were in fact faulty, which they should have done in the first place. Anyway, they have sent me a brand new replacement unit, to replace this basically brand new unit. Hopefully this one lives up to the hype. Once again, Hamilton is a must have contact if you own a Leica anything.

Not sure if I'll use them, sell them, or what at this point.

JGR, it’s amazing to me with hunting forums, bad news travels fast. Some companies are sure slow to learn this.
Customer service people need to be a special breed. Willing and Abel to deal with All kinds.
Swaro must have learned this years ago. Always had good service.
Leica needs to take notice. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
JG, What a shïtshow. I'm anxious to know if the replacements are any good. None of what's been posted in this thread is good, save Hamilton, and I'm a Leica user (Ultravid HD+ and Geovid 30000HDB).

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I'll definitely give 'em a whirl and see if they're any better. I surely can't go 0-2 with these, surely. I really hope they do, as the ergos grew on me, and the optics are fantastic, form and function fantastic, etc. I really want to like these things.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Received the new 3200's today.......I've got to be the most snakebit Leica customer of all time.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by JGRaider; 12/06/21.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Good God, sorry to see that!

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Hopefully they've got another in stock they can send. If not, not sure how long the wait will be to get another one. Dangtheluck!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
JG when you get them back , sell them immediately? I would say the 3rd time would be enough for me.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
God damn uncle Johnny…

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Looks like the plane landed on them. Hope Leica had insurance on them.

Good Luck and hope they replace them soon.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (Anaconda, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, BallisticBRYAN, 7 invisible), 1,473 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,409
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.