Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
For at least the last five years if not longer I've constantly seen hunting and fishing gear targeted at females and yet I've never once run into a lone woman in the field or on the water. Heck never even seen a woman in camo gassing up before dawn on her way out or shouldering a shotgun at the local gun shop. So what's up with this? I bet 20 percent of the gear in catalogs is camo hunting gear aimed at females. Is this just a last ditch dying effort by outdoor companies to replace the shrinking numbers of men buying licenses?

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No, I think it's just that you've never seen any women in the field.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by smokepole
No, I think it's just that you've never seen any women in the field.

Seen plenty of woman...............with men..............never saw one alone or with other woman. Not saying it never happens. What I'm saying is no way it happens enough to justify the market for what I see advertised last few years.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I have.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Me too. My wife is more into blaze orange though. Safety first. Pretty sure she will still be putting venison in the freezer long after I'm dead and gone.

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Plainly put, there's a ton of women taking up shooting and hunting. I can't recall the percentages, but most new hunters are female. It doesn't really matter if they hunt in groups or solo. What's your inference there anyway?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This woman is a professional chief that took up hunting. Interesting woman

https://georgiapellegrini.com/

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Have to say that lass is my ideal.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Worlds best venison meatloaf

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wife and I are coming up on our 24th wedding anniversary next Month. We went deer hunting for our honeymoon and it was her idea. We do all our own processing field to fork. She is 9 years younger. I have had some back issues so she has stepped up to take care of the heavy lifting.

She is a small town doc and part of the reason I say she will still be putting meat in the freezer after I'm gone is that she has a bunch of patients (both men and women) that share hunting photos and stories with her every visit. Lots of women are serious about hunting in our area.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Wife and I are coming up on our 24th wedding anniversary next Month. We went deer hunting for our honeymoon and it was her idea. We do all our own processing field to fork. She is 9 years younger. I have had some back issues so she has stepped up to take care of the heavy lifting.

She is a small town doc and part of the reason I say she will still be putting meat in the freezer after I'm gone is that she has a bunch of patients (both men and women) that share hunting photos and stories with her every visit. Lots of women are serious about hunting in our area.

Now you are just bragging...with good cause...but still bragging.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Agreed OP. Our state DNR hunting guide has a woman out bird hunting on the cover this year, it seems like I’ve seen more woman, Asians, kids, and black men on the cover than I have adult white men, the demographic buying probably 90% of the licenses sold. I know of and have personally seen a handful of woman that hunt not including my wife. She doesn’t hunt but will sometimes come with me. I saw a black guy in the woods once. I’ve known a few others that hunt.

Woman are way over represented as a percent of the hunting public in ads. Some of it is probably virtue signaling under the guise of hunter recruitment and no doubt some of it, probably most of it is showing unusually attractive woman hunting as a way to get the attention of men.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
My daughter has hunted for years, and even her husband is jealous of her shooting skills and success. Her daughter begins this year as a mentored youth. My neighbor's 12-year-old daughter got her doe with a bow first thing last Saturday morning - even bleated to stop it for the shot. It's far from her first deer, and her mother is very successful as well. My cousin's wife has hunted for years and her daughter was taking turkey and deer with a bow in elementary school. You may not see many adult women in the woods, but they're there, and their daughters will be out in force. From my experience, the ladies are serious about what they're doing, and are pretty good at it.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Agreed OP. Our state DNR hunting guide has a woman out bird hunting on the cover this year, it seems like I’ve seen more woman, Asians, kids, and black men on the cover than I have adult white men, the demographic buying probably 90% of the licenses sold. I know of and have personally seen a handful of woman that hunt not including my wife. She doesn’t hunt but will sometimes come with me. I saw a black guy in the woods once. I’ve known a few others that hunt.

Woman are way over represented as a percent of the hunting public in ads. Some of it is probably virtue signaling under the guise of hunter recruitment and no doubt some of it, probably most of it is showing unusually attractive woman hunting as a way to get the attention of men.

The women and the blacks in outdoor advertising make me want to up chuck....guess next we'll have to look at adds of queerz in the outdoors.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Perfect, but can she iron as well?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My adopted daughter would hunt every day if it weren't for work. She calls me every evening to check on me and to see if I saw any wildlife and the condition of the back roads.
She recently made the cover of a hunting magazine with her Dall's Sheep.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The corporations that sell to and serve the outdoorsmen are not staffed with hunters...they are staffed by urban, college educated business majors, mostly idiots that came up with stuff like Hornady Zombie Killer ammo. Trying to out-Woke each other in the headlong rush to political correctness. They have no f......g clue who their target demographic is, or do, and seek to change it to appear to be inclusive.
As an example, I was cruising the Netflix movie menu last night, 80% of the offerings were female lead roles, assassins, spies, detectives, computer whizzes, drug lords, special ops warriors, you name it, wimmens can do it faster, better, tougher, and still have a warm and fluffy side. Make me a sammich, dammit.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I see the misogynists and racists are leaking down from the freak show.
Do you guys think that maybe, just maybe, this isn't some sort of conspiracy theory, and marketing clothing and other gear for an entirely new demographic of hunters might be a good business decision?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting - I belong to internet groups other than here - I'd say I've seen a lot more female, black, asian and other minority participation there than what this place would have you believe happens. Blacks particularly seem to be taking up bowhunting quite a bit and I see women represented quite a bit within the flyfishin and bird hunting community. Many in target shooting as well. GF's 70 year old mother loves to shoot bullseye league here in town.

There are A LOT of females that hunt. I'd say that right now (fall) - 3 out of 5 women I see in my area have some sort of cammo on. I do live in farm country where hunting is part of the local tradition tho.

Me

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by dimecovers5
For at least the last five years if not longer I've constantly seen hunting and fishing gear targeted at females and yet I've never once run into a lone woman in the field or on the water. Heck never even seen a woman in camo gassing up before dawn on her way out or shouldering a shotgun at the local gun shop. So what's up with this? I bet 20 percent of the gear in catalogs is camo hunting gear aimed at females. Is this just a last ditch dying effort by outdoor companies to replace the shrinking numbers of men buying licenses?

For probably a decade now around 50% of the students in Montana's hunter-safety classes (mandatory for anybody under 18 to hunt here) have been female.

Have known a bunch of Montana women who not only hunt, but hunt on their own. My wife has been doing so for almost 40 years. Back when I was traveling a lot to hunt, would often come home to find that she'd killed a deer or two and packed them home. But even if I'm not gone somewhere, she and I often hunt separately, partly because she prefers hunting whitetails on riverbottoms and I prefer mule deer in the hills.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 1234, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,261
Posts18,486,455
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.