Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by deflave
The White Sox kicked the schit out of Houston last night.

LOL

Well, them and the ump actually.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jaguartx

LOL

Crying a lot is not a winning strategy.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's no crying in baseball......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Don’t tell jag.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
So how many if you fat fughks have actually geared up and set up behind a catcher and called balls and strikes? Little League doesn’t count. Has to be college level / minor leagues or higher. Seeing a pitch 1/2 inch off the plate looks easy from your recliner with an electronic strike zone on your TV.

And not to mention the first time a pitch is headed for your skull, do you have the balls to not flinch and trust the catcher will get his glove there in time?

Not saying I’m for or against electronic balls and strikes. It’s just umpire badgers don’t generally have a clue about what it takes to call balls and strikes. 300 times a game.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Agrees with you xarcher 98 to the cup will make you question why one wants to be an umpire.

Last edited by Daverageguy; 10/11/21.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by xarcher
So how many if you fat fughks have actually geared up and set up behind a catcher and called balls and strikes? Little League doesn’t count. Has to be college level / minor leagues or higher. Seeing a pitch 1/2 inch off the plate looks easy from your recliner with an electronic strike zone on your TV.

And not to mention the first time a pitch is headed for your skull, do you have the balls to not flinch and trust the catcher will get his glove there in time?

Not saying I’m for or against electronic balls and strikes. It’s just umpire badgers don’t generally have a clue about what it takes to call balls and strikes. 300 times a game.

Have you watched Joe or Angel call a game lately? How the fuqk either of these clowns have a job is incredulous. Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder of umpires.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t watch that anymore!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Anyone with 2 brain cells firing and watch even a little baseball have seen games Tom Hallion has called. All summer his strike zone was consistent with how he called the game last night.

When puzzy lose they always blame the cheat, doesn't matter what it is in life. When the lose they whine.

LOL

IC B3

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by xarcher

Have you watched Joe or Angel call a game lately? How the fuqk either of these clowns have a job is incredulous. Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder of umpires.

They have issues for sure. And their blunders get millions of views on social media. But the great calls do not. I call that the 90/10 rule. 90% of the problems are caused by 10% of the people. There are bad umpires just as there are bad doctors, auto mechanics, plumbers and well, you get the point. Maybe the umpire union plays into some of it.

The intent of my post was to note how easy it is to call balls and strikes from the recliner with a strike zone superimposed on the flat screen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sako
On Houston vs Sox game not realize we get the strike box on pitches showing where the ball crossed the batters box?

Puke is calling strikes against Astros on pitches 3 inches outside the strike zone.

We need an electronic ball & strike call.... they have tested it and know it works... but so many idiots want the "essence" of the game protected... basically do not want it called correctly

So go ahead and mark me down as one of the idiots who wants the "essence" of the game protected.

I hate to see the human element of the game removed. Different umps have different strike zones, part of the game for hitters and pitchers is learning them.

Yeah, I don't like the instant replay biz either.

Black Cows Matter!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
On Houston vs Sox game not realize we get the strike box on pitches showing where the ball crossed the batters box?

Puke is calling strikes against Astros on pitches 3 inches outside the strike zone.

It's probably because the Astros are no talent, cheating, pussies.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SKane
I assume the Astros know what pitch is coming?

Exactly.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Unless you're Jag.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by Sako

We need an electronic ball & strike call.... they have tested it and know it works... but so many idiots want the "essence" of the game protected... basically do not want it called correctly

So go ahead and mark me down as one of the idiots who wants the "essence" of the game protected.

I hate to see the human element of the game removed. Different umps have different strike zones, part of the game for hitters and pitchers is learning them.

Yeah, I don't like the instant replay biz either.

They dont want it for the essence of the game. They want it so the right teams will end up in the playoffs. Follow the MONEY.

Its why Landry and Tex Schram were driven out of football. They were the driving force behind instant replay. They were told the Cowboys would never have a winning season as long as they were in the game, and they didnt.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Who really cares?

NOT ME!

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
The notion that we accept different umpires having different strike zones is not acceptable. There is only one strike zone and each umpire us instructed to call that strike zone. Players should expect to have the same strike zone called regardless of the time or place. The human element is not that players have to adjust to an umpires strike zone, but instead how accurately can an umpire call the pitch.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Switch
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Who really cares?

NOT ME!

Yet you both care enough to post on the thread.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL, this thread reminds me of getting pushed into umping a senior babe game once. I didn't want to do it but one of the umpires didn't show up and the coaches from both teams asked me to help them out. Stupidly I said yes. The winning team beat the other team by 8-9 runs and lead the game the entire time. Some grandma from the winning team rode my ass like a $40 mule the entire evening. I called her grandson out at first on a bang - bang play in the second inning. The call, right or wrong never had any bearing on the outcome of the game, her team dominated the other all night. That didn't slow her down one little bit. She never let up, the old banshee screeched the entire game. When you really need a foul ball to knock somebody out... no go. I always wondered if the old bat was drunk that night. As soon as the last out was registered and I was walking off the field she stood up and gave me the middle finger. It was so damned funny I started laughing and I thought she was coming over the fence to whip my ass! People... wink

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

250 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 33 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,882
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.