K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
While on the subject, A pair of my Jägers

Top is a bit of a fantasy rifle I built with a maple stock and a .40 calibre barrel I had laying around.

Bottom is a more traditional rifle in .62 calibre.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

What about the top rifle I really like that one.

The top rifle is a .40 calibre, 15/16 AF bbl. I found it in my shop. Old Douglas std bbl. they made for Turner Kirkland. I need to spent more time shooting that rifle. Its very practical for all manner of game. From squirrels to hogs. And its easy to tote!

Meant to add that I always figured a .40 would be stretching the limits on a Jäger. Just too small a calibre for a traditional rifle. Then over on the American Longrifle Forum, Builder Ron Scott posts an original .35 calibre Jäger for sale! I’m sure there weren’t too many made.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 10/20/21.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pashooter
That answers another question. I was thinking that it would be nice to go big bore. By any chance does Cabin Creek offer that service? I do have a line on a custom jaeger however the length of pull is too long. The gun belonged to my late brother in law his wife is looking to sell it so that is one possibility. Talked to Greg Dixon today he believes that it can be shortened up the gun has a sliding patch box I have to get the rifle in hand and look it over. But I must say that Pedersoli with a tuned up lock bored out to shoot a 60 RB would be a deer killer for sure.

Bobby Hoyt for the rebore.
2379 Mt Hope Rd, Farfield PA
717-642-6696

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Originally Posted by Pashooter
That answers another question. I was thinking that it would be nice to go big bore. By any chance does Cabin Creek offer that service? I do have a line on a custom jaeger however the length of pull is too long. The gun belonged to my late brother in law his wife is looking to sell it so that is one possibility. Talked to Greg Dixon today he believes that it can be shortened up the gun has a sliding patch box I have to get the rifle in hand and look it over. But I must say that Pedersoli with a tuned up lock bored out to shoot a 60 RB would be a deer killer for sure.

Bobby Hoyt for the rebore.
2379 Mt Hope Rd, Farfield PA
717-642-6696

He freshed out a .32 Dixie squirrel rifle for me years back. My son used that gun to win the state juniors match with two 50s. He will be the guy to go any barrel work for sure. I am still looking to find a builder who will shorten the pull on the Jager any of you Pa guys have a suggestion it would be appreciated.

Last edited by Pashooter; 10/21/21.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mark Wheland in Huntington is a real artist, but I don't know if he would do that work. I know he did some rebuilds of historic rifles. He is a class act.

https://www.markwhelandrifles.com/

P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks I will ask.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,706
Posts18,494,396
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.