Hop To
#16490264 10/02/21
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Daughter is getting married January 1 and would like to give hubby a revolver I gave her as a wedding present. It’s a Colt commerative , Alabama Sesquicentennial Frontier Scout in .22 LR. I bought it and another, 1 even serial number removed, in 1969. I’ve given one to my daughter and one to my son. They are still pristine in original packaging never having the hammer backed since leaving the factory. Daughter wants a message inscribed on it and of course this is a one shot deal; no room for error. Metal is gold(?) and nickel plated. Grips are faux ivory of I know not what.

Looking for an engraver. Suggestions? I feel like this is probably short notice but hoping for the best. Thanks.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I would have as fancy a presentation case made to match your appreciation of said firearm. You could have an inscribed plate which would convey your message without harming the gun.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Damien Connolly in Vermont

S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I would have as fancy a presentation case made to match your appreciation of said firearm. You could have an inscribed plate which would convey your message without harming the gun.

Thanks folks. Issue is probably solved. The inscribed plate is a good idea and the revolver resides in a pretty pretty factory case already. However, got with daughter this weekend and she has an engraved message in mind that will fit on the back strap. Can’t argue with the bride to be. And if the local engraver doesn’t work out I’ll check out Mr Connolly.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Agree, I’d not harm/devalue the gun.

NRA Patron
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by dale06

Agree, I’d not harm/devalue the gun.

Depends on how you look at it. I don’t think this gun will ever be for sale anyway. This sounds like a family gun that the sentimental value is probably much much higher than gunbroker. If it makes them happy then it’s the perfect thing to do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Engrave it, clean it, take them BOTH out to shoot it. That will be worth more than any "resale value," especially if the marriage works out. If it doesn't, then not so much.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 308ld, Anaconda, 35, 12 invisible), 1,683 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,744
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.