Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I don’t bother talking to the climate fruitcakes anymore. The last time I did, they threatened me, they said they would tell upper management that I was threatening them with a firearm.

They won’t listen to any science that takes apart their arguments anyway.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good observation Remsen!

Beyond the climate change religion, the new religion of Covidians has taken root as well.

Wear a mask. Double mask. Even though, scientifically, masks don't work.

Take a vaccine that neither prevents you from catching the virus, or spreading it, or even dying from it.

The Covidians will kill you and torture your kids to adhere to their beliefs.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Imagine believing that you’re deathly ill and killing everyone around you even though you’re perfectly healthy.

How fugking dumb would that person have to be?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Remsen
It's been said that religion was invented by ancient humans as a way to explain that which couldn't be explained and/or to control people who otherwise would have been raping, killing, pillaging, etc. without the prospect of a higher power punishing them.

I get just a little stuck right there.

So if someone claims that religion is just an artificial constraint against rape, murder, and mayhem, then why aren't they out there committing these acts and living it up? If there is no God, no Creator, then existence is totally meaningless in the first place and nothing matters. I am left to believe that those that make that claim must believe they are somehow more "moral" than the rabble, and that's why they don't live a totally nihilistic lifestyle. I'd say we have a problem right here with consistency and coherence in a belief system.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Global warming IS a religion.
There is no dash in God.

It’s a religion to the useful idiots. To the people duping them, it’s either a cash cow or a global wealth redistribution scam (or both).

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
... but I have to say what's on my mind.

I am a religious person. I believe in G-d and I adhere to many religious rules, including dietary restrictions and a bunch of other things that are not always fun.

However, when I read about, or interact with, climate activists/activism, I sort of understand why those who reject religion are the way they are. It's been said that religion was invented by ancient humans as a way to explain that which couldn't be explained and/or to control people who otherwise would have been raping, killing, pillaging, etc. without the prospect of a higher power punishing them.

So I see people saying things like "we have to change everything or the planet will die in 10 years" while providing really no scientific evidence that this position is rooted in anything other than fear and a desire to seize power. Much like when the ancient people had to face the question "why shouldn't I kill this guy who is annoying me", people today want to stop others from doing things that they don't like simply by saying "it's to save the planet."

When you can't explain something, it used to be that you'd credit or blame G-d. Now, when you can't explain something, the post-modern progressives want to either blame/credit climate change or, more generally, science, even though science never is static and certainly never is absolute.

Pretty much every prediction about climate change has been wrong, yet it is replacing religion for many people on the left, the very same people who dismiss religion as a fraud.

This isn't to say that I have no use for science, or I want to see the planet polluted, but if you're going to say that religion is a fraud because you can't prove that G-d exists, you have to also question science as a religion since science is almost always unable to explain things beyond a superficial slogan.*

* not all science, of course. Things like chemistry or engineering are pretty well established in fact and practice.

I am also Christian and I like science. I don't think they are conflicting when you include Quantum Mechanics.
This muddies the waters but explains how time and space is not necessarily linear.
Mainstream Science more or less disregards Quantum mechanics, mostly out of fear.
It explains alot to me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I like the idea of killing people who annoy me.

LOL

Well at least cave their face in........

I'll add that I'm not pissed at you either.

Thankfully...😬🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The earth is still trying to warm up after the last ice age, like the artifacts that are being found under the ice as it melts means they were there before the ice. And permafrost? It wasn’t always permanent.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Al Gore said the planet was over by 2005. Just saying.

Then he proceeded to make gobs of money off ownership in BS climate change companies that provided no impact other than enriching his portfolio.

99% is absolutely heretical BS.

🦫

PS

I like the idea of killing people who annoy me.

LOL

I'll be glad to sprinkle some Kryptonite dust on him for ya, Beave, next time I see the fugk. smile

He lives in your neck of the woods ?

Maybe, take a huge dump on his porch and leave note saying “Recycled That Planet Boy”

😬🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by comerade

I am a religious person. I believe in G-d and I adhere to many religious rules, including dietary restrictions and a bunch of other things that are not always fun.

However, when I read about, or interact with, climate activists/activism, I sort of understand why those who reject religion are the way they are. It's been said that religion was invented by ancient humans as a way to explain that which couldn't be explained and/or to control people who otherwise would have been raping, killing, pillaging, etc. without the prospect of a higher power punishing them.

So I see people saying things like "we have to change everything or the planet will die in 10 years" while providing really no scientific evidence that this position is rooted in anything other than fear and a desire to seize power. Much like when the ancient people had to face the question "why shouldn't I kill this guy who is annoying me", people today want to stop others from doing things that they don't like simply by saying "it's to save the planet."

When you can't explain something, it used to be that you'd credit or blame G-d. Now, when you can't explain something, the post-modern progressives want to either blame/credit climate change or, more generally, science, even though science never is static and certainly never is absolute.

Pretty much every prediction about climate change has been wrong, yet it is replacing religion for many people on the left, the very same people who dismiss religion as a fraud.

This isn't to say that I have no use for science, or I want to see the planet polluted, but if you're going to say that religion is a fraud because you can't prove that G-d exists, you have to also question science as a religion since science is almost always unable to explain things beyond a superficial slogan.*

* not all science, of course. Things like chemistry or engineering are pretty well established in fact and practice.

I am also Christian and I like science. I don't think they are conflicting when you include Quantum Mechanics.
This muddies the waters but explains how time and space is not necessarily linear.
Mainstream Science more or less disregards Quantum mechanics, mostly out of fear.
It explains alot to me

Well said.

The original Frito Bandito!
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Who here did you think that would anger?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Why are you afraid to spell GOD, properly?

G-O-D.

GOD.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Jewish tradition

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Was a good post thanks.

Yep, Thanks!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

R
Remsen Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
So in answer to a few questions...I thought I'd offend those who are religious. I know in other circumstances, I've seen folks who perceive something to be a knock on their faith to not appreciate it.

As for the spelling of G-d, it is just something religious Jews do out of respect. We don't say His name and even when referring to Him, it's with the dash. The full explanation is here: https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/486809/jewish/Why-Write-Gd-Instead-of-G-o-d.htm.

Bottom line for me is that I am in awe of nature. Anyone who has ever been stuck in the woods, thrown out of a raft on a raging river or simply admires a view likely understands the reality of nature: when the planet is done with having human inhabitants, it will take care of the problem by wiping us out (not that a planet has a mind, but it certainly reacts to negative and positive stimuli). My big problem with the climate alarmists is that they are incredibly naive, and arrogant, to assume that the human mind can understand what makes a planet healthy. As someone else noted, we can't even accurately predict the weather. Who are we to say that the planet can't handle carbon from human activity?

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Remsen, Use caution. Clarity of thought, logic and the ability to communicate it can get you shunned on the campfire.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If that "pisses you off" you need to get laid.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Climate change, the planet, environment... they're just a few of the many sacraments of naturalism. It's not science, it's idolatry -- the worship of the creation rather than the creator. It's the most popular religion today and has been for some time. Remember Carl Sagan in the introduction to his TV show "The Cosmos" in the 70's?

“The Cosmos is all that is or was or ever will be. Our feeblest contemplations of the Cosmos stir us -- there is a tingling in the spine, a catch in the voice, a faint sensation, as if a distant memory, of falling from a height. We know we are approaching the greatest of mysteries.”

"The Cosmos," more traditionally "nature," is his god, and not his only, but most people in the US and Europe that think they're "secular" or non-religious, but are in fact full of the same kind of mysticism about their idol. It's not just religion, it's idolatry.

It's not just the climate-change alarmists, the overpopulation neo-Malthusians, and organic-eating, boiled-wool beanie-wearing environmentalists that are in this idolatry. Those sentiments are not even particularly fervent in the religion. They are mostly driven by a lust for control, re-distributive economics, and the envy and spite of resentiment politics. It's simple lust for power that drives those ideas, and the arrogance of the thinking that the empowered are the only ones able to lead mankind out of the crisis. Make no mistake though, some false religion such as naturalism or humanism is lying beneath the surface. Only such a false religion can justify the power grab. That lust isn't the only effect of the idolatry either. The most severe effect of this idolatry might be it's moral relativism. It forakes a transcendental creator God for immanance, a god within nature or humanity itself.

For the customs of the people are vain:
for one cutteth a tree out of the forest,
the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
They deck it with silver and with gold;
they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not:
they must needs be borne, because they cannot go.
Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil,
neither also is it in them to do good.

Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O Lord;
thou art great, and thy name is great in might.
Who would not fear thee, O King of nations?
for to thee doth it appertain:
forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations,
and in all their kingdoms,
there is none like unto thee.
But they are altogether brutish and foolish:
the stock is a doctrine of vanities.
Silver spread into plates is brought from Tarshish,
and gold from Uphaz,
the work of the workman, and of the hands of the founder:
blue and purple is their clothing:
they are all the work of cunning men.
But the Lord is the true God,
he is the living God, and an everlasting king:
at his wrath the earth shall tremble,
and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
Thus shall ye say unto them,
The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth,
even they shall perish from the earth,
and from under these heavens.
He hath made the earth by his power,
he hath established the world by his wisdom,
and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Who is this G - d you believe in?

What dietary restrictions do you have?

My God is GOD.

And yep, you're pissing HIM off.
“Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.” (Deut. ... “What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.” (Deut. 12:32.)

I can eat anything i want.

Genesis 9:3, NIV: "Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand. What goes into a man's mouth does not make him `unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him `unclean. ... "Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them.

wink grin

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 59 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,323
Posts18,487,458
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.