Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I paid almost a dollar more per gallon this July for propane over last year.

Most likely won't have to buy again until next summer although we have had to buy again in late winter a couple times.

The grocery bill is really climbing here. I keep three freezers and rotate stuff, trying to buy on sale only. Not many sales lately.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Terryk
When people have to choose heat or going out for dinner, they will choose heat. Restaurants, hotels, travel, will all suffer. Compound job loss.
People wont drive, cars wont be sold. A collapse.
But the only way to fix something is to have something broke. This is a plan to break the US and replace it as a soviet like state.
Destruction is the plan.

You make a very good point. When the cost of necessities rises, that is less money going into the broader economy. That is bad for the overall economy.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blindshooter

Most likely won't have to buy again until next summer although we have had to buy again in late winter a couple times.

The grocery bill is really climbing here. I keep three freezers and rotate stuff, trying to buy on sale only. Not many sales lately.

beef is never on sale, or what passes as a sale is still expensive

pork chops, pork loin, ham and dark meat chicken are rotated regularly on sale here which helps if you stay on top of it.

Little gas station down the road has some really good chicken. last year a 12 piece box was $12.99. They have raised their prices 3 times in the last year. its now $18.99

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
get that wood cut now......
Done - 4 full cords hauled into the pole shed three weeks ago. Same price over the last 6+ years; $150/C..

Get ready to pay sharply higher bills for heating this winter, along with seemingly everything else.

With prices surging worldwide for heating oil, natural gas and other fuels, the US government said Wednesday it expects households to see their heating bills jump as much as 54% compared with last winter.

Nearly half the homes in the US use natural gas for heat, and they could pay an average $746 this winter, 30% more than a year ago.

Those in the midwest could get particularly pinched, with bills up an estimated 49%, and this could be the most expensive winter for natural gas heated homes since 2008-2009.

The second-most used heating source for homes is electricity, making up 41% of the country, and those households could see a more modest 6% increase to $1,268.

Homes using heating oil, which make up 4% of the country, could see a 43% increase – more than $500 – to $1,734.

The sharpest increases will probably be for homes that use propane, which account for 5% of US households.

This winter is forecast to be slightly colder across the country than last year.

The forecast from the US Energy Information Administration is the latest reminder of the higher inflation ripping across the global economy.

Earlier Wednesday, the government released a separate report showing that prices were 5.4% higher for US consumers in September than a year ago.

That matches the hottest inflation rate since 2008, as a reawakening economy and snarled supply chains push up prices for everything from cars to groceries.
I have a fuel oil furnace, new in 2017.. But I use only about 50-75 gallons of oil per year and the gauge right now shows I have about 100 gallons left. I'll worry about it next year..

But overall, you're right - heating costs are really going to affect most people.. Thank you, Prez Demented!!! You POS...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by blindshooter

beef is never on sale, or what passes as a sale is still expensive

pork chops, pork loin, ham and dark meat chicken are rotated regularly on sale here which helps if you stay on top of it.

Little gas station down the road has some really good chicken. last year a 12 piece box was $12.99. They have raised their prices 3 times in the last year. its now

$18.99

Little local family owned 'Dairy-ette' type restaurant has just recently jacked their prices up $1 to $2 on everything on the menu. Killer of a chef salad I used to get there for $6 all of a sudden is now $8.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let’s go Brandon

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I guess the dems in northen states will extra enjoy their heating bills.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Im gas and electric but house is small.
Have dingbat women there so they will fugg up thermostat.
Figure this increase just a few hundred this winter.
Food and vehicle gas be more of a dent.
Bout the only time i get miles on my Jeep, hunting season.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Wonder how many folks blew their stimulus money on toys/ vacations.

Now with prices up......and next yr not getting that normal.tax return.....

Might be sme decent stuff for sale cheap.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I heat with a pellet stove. Pay for 5 ton early every summer, brought my first ton in yesterday. Price is already $15 more per ton than when I paid for mine.

Have oil for a back up but don't have to use it at all if I don't want to. I think I have about 3/4 tank left from last year. Wanted to do some traveling this year but the price of oil may keep me home.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Def putting critters in the freezer this yr.
Normally dont shoot does.
First one comes by gets popped

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by renegade50
And once price's go up..
They never go proportionally back down either.

Honk for Joey......

5-6 yrs ago there was a propane crunch attributed to running corn dryers. Propane went to almost $5/gal.in the winter. Since then , the most I have paid is $1.25/gal and that is this year. Granted we do a summer fill in July/August. Right now the price has jumped to $1.94. Yes the price will go up but it will come back down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is anyone surprised by this? really

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
If we had only all gotten the shots......we wouldn't be in this mess.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Yes Jim.... this is all the anti-vaxers fault.... wink

Last edited by irfubar; 10/15/21.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Yes Jim.... this is all the anti-vaxers fault.... wink

Dear Leader Biden said as much a few days ago.

With all the "moderates" here I figured I would mention it.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by irfubar
Is anyone surprised by this? really

Exactly right...

I am on another forum also... the Proverbial question 24-7-365... i.e, EVERY SINGLE DAY

"When will ammo and reloading prices get back to NORMAL?"

Simply un-fugging-believable... People failed to prepare for this fiasco... and are now lining in droves up for the blood clot shot (and a $10 K Mart Gift card)... because they are afraid.

The gene pool of wannabe Patriots is simply terrifying... damnation... grow a set of balls for Pete's sake

REALLY REALLY... did NO ONE SEE THIS COMING?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I locked in a price for propane last spring. Best $60 I ever spent looking at what it costs now.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wood was cut, split and stacked a long time ago. Bring that winter on.
Wood stoves and fireplace
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Cookstove
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 17CalFan, 62 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,406
Posts18,488,965
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.