Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I used to climb trees and break my arms a lot. 3 times.

TV has saved my life

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
My great grandparents had 11 kids. TV has saved my bank account and my wife’s figure.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LJBass
I have a few on the farm. 1 is close to the road and covered with an oak pallet that I replace every few years. Used to have an Uncle that would cut Thistles and haul them over by the pickup bed load and stuff them down that well. Got to the point that he was filling it faster than they were rotting down so he would hop down in it and walk them to pack it. That's when I started getting worked up and told him to do something else with them I didn't need him or his boys getting hurt. Of course I'm younger and don't know [bleep]. This kept on until he couldn't pack them any more and decided to burn them out. Poured some deisel down the hole, let her soak, poured some more and lit it up. It flashed so hard it blew him back 20 ft or so, burned the shirt and all his hair off, knocked him out cold. He got to ride the helicopter that day. He inhaled the flame, damn near melted his eyelids off and you could have read a newspaper through his left ear. They believe that it was a buildup of Methane from the decay. His son was there to call 911. He lived through that and the s.ubsequent staff infection. Tough old bastard. Rode in at least 3 maybe 4 choppers in his day. Died last month from Cancer. I will miss the entertainment, and he provided a lot of good stories.

Funny story but true I'm sure. Once having just finished drilling a 24" elevator jack hole in the dead of winter in Winter Park, CO., the men wanted to hurry and go home. However the hole was full of smoke that would take most of the day to clear naturally. The bottom had to be seen to check for plumb before we left. Got the bright idea to pour a half a cup of gas down the 40' hole and toss in a lit rag. Sounded like a jet engine with flames to the surface. No smoke and the hole was plumbed and accepted. One of the last things to be done after rigging down was weld a steel cap on top. A hour had passes since we had lot it off. There were still fumes in the casing. While cleaning up I heard a loud explosion and turned in time to see the driller being blown 10' into a snowbank. The sparks from the welding had re-ignited the fumes. The driller wasn't hurt but nervous and went back and finished welding the cap on. And that was just a half a cup of gas

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

453 members (17CalFan, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,388
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.