Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If you like an accurate speedometer, you'll need to change the gear... maybe. I think most of them now are computerized so you need a shop to reset it.

There are programs that tell a person what their speed is with different tires so I am ok with it.

Or a GPS.

Or just reprogram the computer so you can use the speedometer as intended. Keeps the odometer accurate too.

Personally with 35s I would be looking at new gears, probably 4.10 at minimum, which is where I think gearing should actually start in all trucks and a reprogram. Just what I have come to prefer if going with larger tires.

If more than a 5 speed auto I wouldn't have an issue with 4.33 or lower as long as you aren't going to be at too high of RPM at say 80sh MPH.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 11/17/21.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
GB1

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
35s drop fuel mileage but you have enough truck to be fine on the power side

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cwh2
After doing some research I found that a lot of people were complaining about the difficulty of uninstalling forscan. Apparently it can be quite painful to remove.

Honda makes another app that can remove forscan. It's called civicsision. I guess that's best done when the vehicle is brand new.

I'm not following this. FORScan does not install 'on' the vehicle. It installs on to your computer, then you use an OBDII adapter to connect it to the OBDII port in the vehicle. You select the module you want to modify, then make the changes and save them. Then you unplug the adapter. I've used it to activate a factory brake controller and turn off the door/ignition chimes, and a few other changes. Pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
After doing some research I found that a lot of people were complaining about the difficulty of uninstalling forscan. Apparently it can be quite painful to remove.

Honda makes another app that can remove forscan. It's called civicsision. I guess that's best done when the vehicle is brand new.

I'm not following this. FORScan does not install 'on' the vehicle. It installs on to your computer, then you use an OBDII adapter to connect it to the OBDII port in the vehicle. You select the module you want to modify, then make the changes and save them. Then you unplug the adapter. I've used it to activate a factory brake controller and turn off the door/ignition chimes, and a few other changes. Pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Hahahahahahaha!! :-)

Set the hook!!!

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have 35s on my 3500 and will go back to 33s when i need new tires. I want the extra bed rail clearance when pulling the 5r and i am hoping that the MPG will increase both loaded and empty. I am fairly easy on the skinny pedal and get 18-19 on the hiway. I would like to be 20ish like my old 12 vlv. Most all aftermarket tranny builders will not warranty a build if the tire size is over 35".

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Most all aftermarket tranny builders will not warranty a build if the tire size is over 35".

With at least one manufacturer putting 37s on a vehicle, (Ford Raptor) do you feel this will continue. For the record I have no plans to go to 37s.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have no idea about gas rigs, a Ford Raptor interests me not at all, mainly because it is a Ford. One of the main reasons for the disclaimer is the way the D2 engine builds torque. If engine RPM drives the trans pump there is only so much builders can do to increase trans line pressure at low RPMs where a D2 engine makes the most torque. If peak torque comes in at say 1600 RPM and peaks at 2400 RPM that is not alot of fluid movement in comparison to a gasser that has max torque at 4000 RPM. So much easier to let the smoke out of trans parts behind a D2 engine...have done it several times. Little tweak for more power kills the factory trans, buy an aftermarket and think i will never be over the HP rating of this trans. Another little tweak such as a programmer, turbo or injectors because (you think) the trans can hold it, right? Wrong. It can and will for a while then it lets go and you are shopping again. Soon you have spent 22K on 3 different transmissions to get a trans rated at 850 HP that you should have bought the first time. I think if you were to swap gears with the taller tires you will do yourself a favor. if you have 3.42s going to 4.10s or 4.30s would be ideal.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Sorry SP. I was just being a dick.

I take back everything I said. I think that people ofall religions should use this application. Forscan isn't just for Gentiles anymore.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
OP, sorry for sidetracking your thread with dick jokes, but a cheap laugh is.... still a laugh.

The equivalent Ram app to the unfortunately named Forscan is Alpha OBD. You'll need an obd2 interface. I got the obdlink mx+, but there are many. That one can Bluetooth your phone to your truck and let you check codes and adjust settings.

There are probably more than a few apps that can perform this task, and AlphaODB is probably the most expensive at $49. But I'm betting there are a few options that you will want to change that will be easy to do with it. For example, keeping the fog lights on with high beams and turning off that stupid seatbelt chime. (you can do that without an app, but just an example of one of the settings that you can mess with)

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
2014 Cummins with 35s and leveling kit. Speedo is still on. Go for it.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (160user, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 257man, 17CalFan, 43 invisible), 1,838 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,849
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.