Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Sounds like your son is going to be ok. Kids are tough. Arrange a face to face meeting with the principal, teachers and yourselves. Include your son. It's more about teaching your son how to address these situations than trying to teach the teachers. Allow the opportunity to air grievances and discuss alternatives and give your son the opportunity to be the bigger man. If nobody apologizes then your not obligated to forgive.

You’re a long way from the 70’s, bro.

Get the cock suckers fired.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Makintrax73

Considering the fact that rabies will kill you, and once you show symptoms you are going to die no matter what the Dr does for you, and there is a very high likelihood of bacterial infection either way, it seems pretty clear to me that your first course of action should be: A) getting you kid to a Dr and B) Having health authorities verifying the rabies vax on the dog.

Then maybe sue the [bleep] out of them after you take care of your kids health. This is literally life and death, even if there is only a .01% chance the dog had rabies why would you take that chance?

And this is obvious [bleep] that any school admin should either know or have a nurse on hand that knows.

Photographs/documentation, doctor, and an attorney. Most of the so called school nurses around here have less medical training than a third world witch doctor. They aren't allowed much more than ice and a wash cloth. Litigation ya know.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The boy sounds like a real trooper 😎

Again, mind boggling to me that the kid would be returned at the end of the trip with such extensive injuries and nothing said.

Poor judgement can happen though. Some years back a local high school took a 100+ students on a trip to a huge granite batholith here in Texas called Enchanted Rock. The trip being a reward for passing. One of the more hazardous places to being a kid on account of the many rock-climbing opportunities.

Too many kids, some clueless non-athletic teachers, sure enough they ended up Life Flighting a kid from the top of the granite dome.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I actually have respect for any school or teacher that would promote ANYTHING outdoors... ANYTHING beyond the PATHETIC EDUCATION PERSPIRATION of 2021.

With that said...

WOW... what a pathetic disaster their program was... and I hope your son heals up well (physically and mentally).

As for me... I could not let it pass unchallenged. I would throw $10k at Saul Goodman and light their ass up... a REAL WAKE-UP CALL.

In the end, you can drop or settle with no huge financial harm to the "Good Private School" you described... get your $10k back... BUT SOMEONE NEEDS A REAL EDUCATION ON HOW TO HANDLE STUFF LIKE THIS.

AND the dog needs to die immediately.

I am OK with someone that trains a dog to attack or kill ON COMMAND, but for a dog to attack or kill of his OWN ACCORD... that dog must be destroyed..

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
The majority of teachers (you’re a perfect example) are born idiots.

Well there’s that.

I do have some experience with outdoor field trips tho, prob’ly more’n 100 now. No serious injuries yet (knock on wood).

We had one earlier this month where a couple came along with their kid, a student. That husband and wife both went on that exact same field trip I took from 1995-97 when they were going to school here. They met on my trips.

Not the sort of thing that happens every day.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by electram
A couple of weeks ago my 11 year old son went on a field trip with school. 20 something kids and 2 teachers, went to some kind of adventure camp in the mountains with staff, etc. Was gone for a couple of nights.

When he got home, my wife picked him up at school and brought him home, I asked him how it was and he said he had a great time but that he was bit by a dog. First I heard of it, figured it must not have been an actual bite. I asked him if I could see it. He pulled down his shorts and holy chit...there's a 6-7" long bruise across the top of his thigh....2 rows of teeth marks black and blue, punctuated by two k9 marks that broke the skin.

I about lost it and called my wife over and she really did loose it. I asked him what happened. He was on a rope course and a large boxer-like mix belonged to one of the staff. Dog ran over jumped up and bit my son on the thigh and pulled him off the rope, unprovoked. Did it hurt? yes. Did he cry? yes for five minutes. Did anybody see it? yes one of his teachers and one of the staff. Did anybody look at it? no. What did they do with the dog? nothing. he was not put up. they just "held" him. Over the next 2 days he bit one of the teachers and chased a couple of other kids.

My wife immediately called the school principal. He called the other teacher, the one that was bit and did not see what happened to my son, and had him call us. This accomplished nothing because he basically said he didn't know what happened. The principal then emailed my wife and said let him know if there's anything else he can do.

That's what really pissed me off. At that point I looked up the county where this place was located, and made a 9:00PM call to the non-emergency dispatch and filed a report. A deputy called right back and took the report, drove out there to get information. When he went back the next day to put the dog in quarantine, the owner had fled the state with the dog, having got word of the report. They did get the vaccination records and the dog was vaccinated, which was my main concern other than getting the dog away from an adventure camp where it could continue to attack kids.

I fired of an email to the principal telling him what should have been done. File a report, make sure the kid is OK, notify the parents, get the dog away from the kids, etc.

My wife has basically lost confidence in the school. They have not apologized or advised they would take corrective action with the teach that saw this and did nothing. If the bite had been on bare skin he would be disfigured. On the neck, he could be dead. I can't imagine how people that phugging stupid to see that happen and do nothing could be left in charge of kids.

Your family's fortunes are better than a family down the road from me. About '68 or '69' our school came home from a swimming trip minus one eighth grade boy. He was found at the bottom of the pool, after heads were counted while reboarding the bus to come home. The eighth grade class totaled 60 students.

I hope your boy heals well and has no lasting issues from the bite.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like your son is going to be ok. Kids are tough. Arrange a face to face meeting with the principal, teachers and yourselves. Include your son. It's more about teaching your son how to address these situations than trying to teach the teachers. Allow the opportunity to air grievances and discuss alternatives and give your son the opportunity to be the bigger man. If nobody apologizes then your not obligated to forgive.

One thing I've learned as I get older is that it's no longer all about me and getting my pound of flesh. It's about passing the torch to the next generation. Teach them how to address their grievances without going to court. Don't pour gas on a fire that's already burned itself out.

God Bless America
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

Didn't have retards dragging their fuggin dogs everywhere they go back in the 70s either. lol

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

One thing I've learned as I get older is that it's no longer all about me and getting my pound of flesh. It's about passing the torch to the next generation. Teach them how to address their grievances without going to court. Don't pour gas on a fire that's already burned itself out.

Yeah that’s brilliant.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[quote=electram]It's a small private school. Kids have been really happy there. Started last year after their prior school closed. School stayed open all during covid with in person learning.
I feel like they are getting a good education. I told my wife we just need to let this play out for now. I have made our displeasure known. Won't trust them with either kid on a field trip unless wife is there. Maybe down the road an opportunity will arise to discuss face to face with principal and better gauge whether he gets just how infuriating this incident has been.[/quote]

You need to create your own opportunity by demanding a meeting.

3825 24336
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Pat85

Didn't have retards dragging their fuggin dogs everywhere they go back in the 70s either. lol

LOL

Ain’t that the truth. These fugking dog people need to be shot.

After the dog.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I actually have respect for any school or teacher that would promote ANYTHING outdoors...

No extra pay and tons of liability is why many shy away. Liability being the reason school Admins and districts are much less supportive of these things than they were. All it takes is one serious incident and they tighten the rules.

Prob’ly as many or more teachers do that sort of thing through their church or scout troops with parents and kids they know well.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What kind of place was this? A dog that bit a kid and a teacher in separate incidents, and chased other kids? It doesn't sound like you have enough damages for a lawsuit against the school. Why don't you see if you can get a court order to have the dog picked up and killed? Maybe the owner will put up a fight about it and the police will knock him around a little. If your state allows punitive damages maybe you and the teacher that got bit could go after the owner.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just my 2 cents worth....

First of all, glad the boys ok.

Police report, immediately.

School outing is a great thing, but the teachers didn't handle the situation at all, from what I read. Teachers at a minimum need to be reprimanded and apologize for not taking immediate actions to see that the incident never happens again, that the wounds were treated properly, and the parents notified. If the teachers refuse, fire them.

The place where the outing occurs needs, at minimum, at letter from a lawyer. Possible law suit to follow if satisfactory solution is not obtained. Same for the owner of the dog, if they can be found.

Dog needs to be killed.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by electram
It's a small private school. Kids have been really happy there. Started last year after their prior school closed. School stayed open all during covid with in person learning.
I feel like they are getting a good education. I told my wife we just need to let this play out for now. I have made our displeasure known. Won't trust them with either kid on a field trip unless wife is there. Maybe down the road an opportunity will arise to discuss face to face with principal and better gauge whether he gets just how infuriating this incident has been.

Wait......what?

C'MON MAN!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
You should quit trying to sort through online advice which runs the gamut from sensible to idiotic and go sit down with an attorney who does more than wills and real estate.

Mathew 22: 37-39

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I actually have respect for any school or teacher that would promote ANYTHING outdoors...

No extra pay and tons of liability is why many shy away. Liability being the reason school Admins and districts are much less supportive of these things than they were. All it takes is one serious incident and they tighten the rules.

Prob’ly as many or more teachers do that sort of thing through their church or scout troops with parents and kids they know well.

BW... when you type, the IQ of a nation suffers... you should stop.

Last edited by CashisKing; 10/20/21. Reason: Dang commas

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Huh? Having raised a couple boys, I have the answer for this one. Learned it from my G'ma in Virginia.

Give him a cookie, rub some dirt on it, and send him back out to play.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Large boxer like mix? Sounds like some kind of pit.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by skeen
Huh? Having raised a couple boys, I have the answer for this one. Learned it from my G'ma in Virginia.

Give him a cookie, rub some dirt on it, and send him back out to play.

Not on the cookie...presumably.

I am MAGA.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,454 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,166
Posts18,484,492
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.