Print Thread
Hop To
L
Loper Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Pretty cool 16” LH Ruger American.in 450 BM with a beautiful maple stock. From what I understand there aren’t a ton of the LH ranch rifles and they only made them in 450 BM.

I’m not affiliated with the sale of this rifle, but thought I’d post it up here in case anyone is interested. I really don’t need a 450 BM but am tempted to bid on this due to it being somewhat rare and has an upgraded stock for the current price of $500. I kind of hope the price goes up in the next few days so that I have an excuse to not bid on it.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/908490076

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Very nice little rifle if someone needs a suppressed thumper. Would not be surprised to see someone hit the BIN button before it finishes...

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I really like the look of that rifle. I had a righty version a few years ago and it was actually a very accurate little gun. My only problem was it was painfully loud. Like a dummy I shot it the first time and didnt realize I didnt have my ear protection on. BIG mistake. With a supressor this gun would be amazing

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Not a bad deal if someone wanted a 16" carbine stocked like that (not my cup of tea). Rifle cost new $600, stock looks like a Boyds Prairie Hunter and would be about $500 plus what he paid a 'smith to fit it.
I have the same rifle 'cept I used a laminated Classic style. I put a KVP linear compensator on it that helps a little with the blast and have a suppressor for it in ATF purgatory.

Last edited by tmitch; 08/19/21.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
I put a TAMR comp on mine and it is no problem at all to shoot without ear protection.

I tried a Boyds on mine. Looked decent and felt good but it really looks odd with the long forend and short barrel. Ended up going back to the factory stock and had it camo dipped

Last edited by KenMi; 08/19/21.
IC B2

L
Loper Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Looks like it sold for $800. Did any of you end up with it? I was pleased that the price went up the last few days as I don’t need the strain on my wallet and was very tempted.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
The "last" standard Ranch LH 450 is currently on auction. Probably will go for double its value. Already near $700.

There are 4 blued and 5 stainless left hand walnut Hawkeye 450s on there now too.
One of the stainless models resold for $2500 on Gunbroker from a buyer that paid $1200, before more became available recently.

L
Loper Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
I saw that too. It was at $500 for the last couple of days and then jumped up in price recently. I’d probably be more inclined to pick this one up if it is in fact the last one. However with it already being near $700 and likely going higher, it is helping me practice self control.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Don't take anything that dealer says more than a grain of salt.
I am grateful he did the exclusives with Ruger, especially the lefties, and I bought my 450 from him. But he is often full of hot air. Some of it may be a lack of communication on Ruger's end. He doesn't know what he is getting till the truck arrives.

He said Ruger is done making all LH rifles including the Americans. That is pure BS. If anything, I'd expect them to catalog more.
If he requested another batch, they sure would make them.

And then a month or two ago the LH Hawkeyes were a "surprise" shipment, and once those were gone that was said to be it, possibly forever. Now more came in, in both blued and stainless.

Last edited by KenMi; 08/27/21.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Boy I wish ruger did prepaid exclusive runs for customers. Get batches of 1000 pre sold and start producing some rifles for us lefties.

Ruger, if your listening I dearly love my LH 338RCM compact rifle. Please offer some in compact magnum Hawkeyes in LH stainless 308win, 358win. Please Ruger do something for us. I'll take those two myself.

IC B3

L
Loper Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by KenMi

Good to know. Perhaps we’ll see another “last one” show up on gunbroker at some point.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Randy is in Ruger's for the long run keep people guessing been doing it for years the Hawkeye's on GunBroker now are selling slow now only a " But Now." no auction....he didn't even put them on FaceBook that he has this time.....even jacked-up the price $100 from a couple months ago.....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Boy I wish ruger did prepaid exclusive runs for customers. Get batches of 1000 pre sold and start producing some rifles for us lefties.

Ruger, if your listening I dearly love my LH 338RCM compact rifle. Please offer some in compact magnum Hawkeyes in LH stainless 308win, 358win. Please Ruger do something for us. I'll take those two myself.

That's a great idea...

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve seen SS ones and 22” ones in Cerakote. I’d do the 22” myself. I suspect the shorties are not only loud, but “lively”.

What fresh Hell is this?
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
The standard Ranch with baby poop stock went for $730. That's nuts.
He will probably order another batch, and just release one per month on Gunbroker after that.

L
Loper Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by KenMi
I am grateful he did the exclusives with Ruger, especially the lefties, and I bought my 450 from him. But he is often full of hot air. Some of it may be a lack of communication on Ruger's end. He doesn't know what he is getting till the truck arrives.

He said Ruger is done making all LH rifles including the Americans. That is pure BS. If anything, I'd expect them to catalog more.
If he requested another batch, they sure would make them.

And then a month or two ago the LH Hawkeyes were a "surprise" shipment, and once those were gone that was said to be it, possibly forever. Now more came in, in both blued and stainless.

You called it. I just saw two new listings on GB for Ruger Americans in 450 BM. Both are Buy It Now (no auction) and one listing shows 13 as the quantity and the other as a quantity of 8.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,777 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,224
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.