Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
We lived for awhile when I was young in an old pogo stick factory.

But then we bounced around quite a bit

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
No. I've lead a dull life.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
My bestus compadre lived at the Texas School for the Blind in Austin. His dad was the maintenance supervisor and they lived on campus in a nice little cottage. Rockin’ you knew him! The campus then was the old 1890’s bldgs. Man it was great when I went to stay with him. During high school they move out to the old home place and he went to Hight School in Round Rock. But they moved back to the school after we graduated.
The cottages had been either moved or had other staff living in them so they moved into the old infirmary bldg. i had my own room there! It was freaking awesome. Right out of the 1890’s!!! Big downstairs kitchen dining room and maybe 15 other rooms. I was upstairs!

Cool Bob! I’ve been by that place, but it was years ago.

My best friend grew up on the grounds of the Abilene State School.
His Dad was the Business Mgr, And they and the Superintendent lived in two huge old houses on the grounds.
It was on over a section of land, because they were originally self contained little cities where they farmed their own vegetables and raised their own livestock for food. It had its own Power Plant, and a bunch of underground steam tunnels for the Heat for the whole place.
We explored the heck out of them when we were kids.
Also, even though it was on the edge the City Limits, we hunted, Turkey, doves, quail, and all the varmints at will.
The place had an old Cemetery where they used to bury the residents back when it was a Epilepsy Colony originally.
We’d take our girlfriends there in HS and scare the schitt out of them by having another friend jump out of a hole that looked like a grave.
Did it once on an eerie full moon foggy night with a group of about 10 guys and their dates. One of our friends, who had never been there and wasn’t in on the joke, screamed like a little girl and ran about a mile before we caught up to him, laughing our asses off. SOB still hates us to this day. 😬

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/23/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
There is a family owned convenience store not far from me that is a two story building. The owner and his family live upstairs, I dont think I could live like that....

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jericho
There is a family owned convenience store not far from me that is a two story building. The owner and his family live upstairs, I dont think I could live like that....

24hr store ?

Or one of those you gotta wake Joe Don up to get the night crawlers?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Neal! There was a big long box upstairs in the maintenance bldg. Was the old wood working area. Where they taught students different skills and such. In that box were Gewehr 98’s, 88 Commission rifles, bayonets, swords, and a 1908 Maxim! Our toys! I still have one of the old sawtooth bayonets.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
12344maggie grew up odd & strange.

But with two good legs and no broke dick.

He’s still strange and odd!!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Mongoose? Back in the day if you were poor it was a Huffy or Murray, had money it was a Schwinn or a Ross.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
My wife grew up in Springfield, Oregon, but I married her anyway.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Mongoose? Back in the day if you were poor it was a Huffy or Murray, had money it was a Schwinn or a Ross.

Like i said.

Came from the dump.

That was then.

Now i figure it 100x worse.

With social media and all.

Cant be on Instagram with old stuff….

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Had a Schwinn Apple Crate.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Like i said.

Came from the dump.

That was then.

Now i figure it 100x worse.

With social media and all.

Cant be on Instagram with old stuff….

All our bikes come from the dumps.

Got Richard Boy a dandy the other day. Some sort of BMX bike or something.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I grew up in San Francisco in the late 60s/70s/80s. Odd and strange doesn't begin to describe it.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Neal! There was a big long box upstairs in the maintenance bldg. Was the old wood working area. Where they taught students different skills and such. In that box were Gewehr 98’s, 88 Commission rifles, bayonets, swords, and a 1908 Maxim! Our toys! I still have one of the old sawtooth bayonets.

Dang! Y’all were lucky devils!

There was a actual Medical School human skeleton hanging from a rack from the State School’s old Hospital. I guess they must’ve used it to teach Nurses or something like that.

Anyhow, his Dad, The Business Mgr, kept it in the closet of his office. His favorite joke to play on visitors or new hires was to ask if they wanted to see his “skeletons in the closet”. He thought it was hilarious! 🤪

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Remsen
I grew up in San Francisco in the late 60s/70s/80s. Odd and strange doesn't begin to describe it.

I bet that’s right !!!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My first ex wife grew up in their Families Funeral Home.

Really creeped me out the first time she took me to meet her Parents. We stayed in a Motel that night.

She was always creeped out about it too. Said none of her friends growing up would spend the night with her.

She was “fairly normal” all things considered.

Except for being a bat schitt crazy redhead. 🤪

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Remsen

we must be about the same age.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by auk1124
We lived for awhile when I was young in an old pogo stick factory.

But then we bounced around quite a bit

Well, it turned out well for ya. You’re a funny phugger.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The closest to being homeless was in the US Army.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Well. I grew up in Kenny Lake. People from Alaska can tell you about the place. A bit different from what you folks might consider normal. We would have shoot outs at the public water well between different lone wolf survivalists. They had us clean up the blood as a school project. Our closest neighbor was a serial killer named Charles T. Sinclair. He was known as the coin shop killer. My first job was for Bob Galletin who had two wifes and a pile of kids from both women. He was the editor of the local paper. One day they got tired of him and moved out and left him with the kids. We used to visit Jim Ryan who lived in the only trailer court up there in a place called Krinkeville. He was a mafia hitman turned states evidence and placed in the witness protection program.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 56 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,570
Posts18,473,278
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.