Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The newest rumor is that some of the crew used that gun for some actual target shooting the day before. If that is true, one scenario is that when they finished, they dropped the magazine, but failed to clear the live round in the chamber. And the gun was never inspected before the accident except to insert a magazine of blanks. (I'm assuming a semi-auto, but don't know.)

All of which violate many basic gun safety rules, as we know. But they didn't. Especially the idiot bimbo they hired as "armourer."

it was a single-action revolver.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ahh. I had not heard the gun type. I retract my thoughts.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Why is everything a conspiracy? Its already been stated that people were using the guns for recreational target practice prior. And the set being full of liberal retards, nobody knew basic gun safety...

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ahh. I had not heard the gun type. I retract my thoughts.

Yeah....Glocks were common in the 1870's.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Reading Cali "news" sites this morning they keep using the phrase "the gun went off".
I keep calling them out on that bullshaitt.

Go off twice?

Or did Alec get a Two-Fer?

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 10/25/21.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jim, all I had read before making my post above referred only to "a gun" and "a movie set" I had not read any further to learn it was an Old West movie. My fault for not doing do.

I have since done some more reading of online stories, and am completely stunned by the many instances of dumbshittery that took place on that set.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Jim, all I had read before making my post above referred only to "a gun" and "a movie set" I had not read any further to learn it was an Old West movie. My fault for not doing do.

I have since done some more reading of online stories, and am completely stunned by the many instances of dumbshittery that took place on that set.

Is that right?

Probably just a matter of time before someone was killed then.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jim, and all...here's the summary and an embedded link to a much longer story. LINK

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Baldwin might have been an idiot for hiring an untrained, air headed girl for a very responsible position, but it was her job to do and she failed at it.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The information on this case is being managed.
If it goes to trial, we may learn more.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The newest rumor is that some of the crew used that gun for some actual target shooting the day before. If that is true, one scenario is that when they finished, they dropped the magazine, but failed to clear the live round in the chamber. And the gun was never inspected before the accident except to insert a magazine of blanks. (I'm assuming a semi-auto, but don't know.)

All of which violate many basic gun safety rules, as we know. But they didn't. Especially the idiot bimbo they hired as "armourer."

My guess is that since this is a "western", the firearm was most likely a single action revolver, not a "magazine" fed pistol.

A
ATC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Reading Cali "news" sites this morning they keep using the phrase "the gun went off".

Go off twice?

I heard it went through the girl and hit the guy standing behind her.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ATC
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Go off twice?

I heard it went through the girl and hit the guy standing behind her.

Last edited by AJ300MAG; 10/25/21. Reason: Wrong information removed...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jim, and all...here's the summary and an embedded link to a much longer story. LINK

Thanks Rocky,

Interesting in the one linked article that the woman who called 911 was telling them the Assistant Director was responsible for making sure the weapon was safe to use before handing it to an actor. And he didn't.

Starting to sound to me like multi-level safety procedures failed, utterly.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Why did he even POINT the gun at this woman in the first place- let alone pull the effing trigger? Pointing a gun, even a prop gun at someone would have me saying something about it.

I don't like him but that isn't why he needs to be prosecuted.

Reminds me of the idiot on Tiger King that held the Ruger to his head and pulled the trigger to prove it wouldn't go off with the magazine out of it.. Well it did. No do over.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't forget, the firearm used was a single action revolver. That meant that Baldwin had to deliberately cock the hammer, aim at the woman, and pull the trigger. BAM!!

That action might bring about a charge of "reckless endangerment," or "negligent homicide." Maybe. It'll depend on what the S.F. Sheriff's homicide detectives determine after all their interviews and forensic samples are investigated.

A lot of uninformed disinformation and misinformation coming out of Hollywood and the internet gossip mongers.

Just sayin'.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Thanks Rocky,

Interesting in the one linked article that the woman who called 911 was telling them the Assistant Director was responsible for making sure the weapon was safe to use before handing it to an actor. And he didn't.

Starting to sound to me like multi-level safety procedures failed, utterly.

Also the entire crew had taken a lunch break, and upon returning nobody rechecked the gun for safety...the director handed gun to Baldwin and yelled "cold gun".

This will be a criminal and civil case in the end, it's only a matter of who gets hung for it....but I wouldn't expect anyone to be protecting Balwin if he's guilty, because they are going to prison and owing millions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The assistant director, or armorer or whomever it is that on paper was "responsible" for gun safety on set may have screwed up, but that doesn't change who ultimately pulled the trigger. It is no different than taking a gun from a gun store clerk who "cleared" it, then pulling the trigger. The gun store clerk may have been wrong, but wouldn't have been ultimately responsible for the negligent discharge.

There's so much uncertainty but in the end, Baldwin is who pulled the trigger and is ultimately responsible for what happened. I wouldn't have been acting with real guns to begin with but that is beside the point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman

There's so much uncertainty but in the end, Baldwin is who pulled the trigger and is ultimately responsible for what happened. I wouldn't have been acting with real guns to begin with but that is beside the point.

It appears according to the experts, including armorers on here, that is a common occurrence using "real" guns as "props"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by T_Inman

It appears according to the experts, including armorers on here, that is a common occurrence using "real" guns as "props"

Gun to be used in all future movies...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (358wsm, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,527 guests, and 886 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,921
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.