Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Aaaaand another thread gone…..all Thanks to POS

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by goalie

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Cabin behind me is paid off. I'm pretending that I'm selling it so I can afford some tape, a hacksaw, and a super sniper. That's why I don't look happy. Pretending to be a broke dick loser who posts pictures of his mail along with irrelevant crap in threads and thinks super snipers are the best is depressing.

But, you've got, what did you say? 75,000,000 acres to play on.

Hey, since you're Mr Alaska, maybe impress us with your biggest Caribou. How about your best curly-horned mountain sheep thingy?

I'll bet you got lots of good pics of them. That would cheer me up.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Well at least your better looking ole Stick.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I'm a lot taller, and I'm not fat. Wouldn't say either of us is getting on the cover of GQ next month though.....

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dre
Aaaaand another thread gone…..all Thanks to POS

Yeah, I shouldn't have started a thread about practicing your offhand skills with inexpensive pellet guns. Stevie Wonder saw Stick and bipods and "better" pellet guns showing up and throwing insults.....

Granted, I could just ignore him, but where's the fun in that???

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, basically, a used, surplus trainer from the CMP allows for cheap, effective offhand practice.

CMP Sporter air rifles

In case anyone was, you know, still posting about cheap, effective OFFHAND practice.

Now we can all anxiously await sticks irrelevant mail call pics. Probably got a new tripod for shooting offhand......

I haven't read through this whole thread, but I am throwing in my two cents early since I know a bit about these air rifles. The CMP is selling Daisy 853/753 SSP's (Single Stroke Pneumatics). They're not powerful, but they'll shoot 10's on the 10 meter air rifle targets (a 10 is 1/2mm or about the size of a period in a newspaper article). These rifles are surplus off the JROTC programs who upgraded to Crosman Challengers. I coach a junior team and we still start new shooters on these rifles. It's not uncommon that our kids will shoot in the 80's offhand, through the irons with these. They're also shooting prone and kneeling with a sling. Upper 90's prone and upper 80's kneeling is a decent day for most of the first year kids.

If anyone is interested in getting one of the CMP Surplus Daisy's (best deal ever in an affordable marksmanship practice rifle), hit me up and I'll make a couple of recommendations to make them even a bit more shootable. The division these rifles are shot in is called "Sporter Air Rifle". In a couple of months we'll be rolling into Precision Air Rifle where they'll be shooting rifles with names like Anschutz, FWB and Walther. The FWB 300S doesn't even make the bottom rung here.

Last edited by ChrisF; 10/23/21.
IC B2

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ChrisF
So, basically, a used, surplus trainer from the CMP allows for cheap, effective offhand practice.

CMP Sporter air rifles

In case anyone was, you know, still posting about cheap, effective OFFHAND practice.

Now we can all anxiously await sticks irrelevant mail call pics. Probably got a new tripod for shooting offhand......

I haven't read through this whole thread, but I am throwing in my two cents early since I know a bit about these air rifles. The CMP is selling Daisy 853/753 SSP's (Single Stroke Pneumatics). They're not powerful, but they'll shoot 10's on the 10 meter air rifle targets (a 10 is 1/2mm or about the size of a period in a newspaper article). These rifles are surplus off the JROTC programs who upgraded to Crosman Challengers. I coach a junior team and we still start new shooters on these rifles. It's not uncommon that our kids will shoot in the 80's offhand, through the irons with these. They're also shooting prone and kneeling with a sling. Upper 90's prone and upper 80's kneeling is a decent day for most of the first year kids.

If anyone is interested in getting one of the CMP Surplus Daisy's (best deal ever in an affordable marksmanship practice rifle), hit me up and I'll make a couple of recommendations to make them even a bit more shootable. The division these rifles are shot in is called "Sporter Air Rifle". In a couple of months we'll be rolling into Precision Air Rifle where they'll be shooting rifles with names like Anschutz, FWB and Walther. The FWB 300S doesn't even make the bottom rung here.

I actually linked to the CMP site (where I got mine) in an earlier post. 😉

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

CMP Sporter air rifles

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I'm a lot taller, and I'm not fat. Wouldn't say either of us is getting on the cover of GQ next month though.....

LOL. Me too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

CMP Sporter air rifles

Thanks. I’ve been meaning to get an air rifle of some sorts to shoot pack rats and grackles around the Ranch house so I don’t shoot up all my .22 ammo. Hate to waste a CCI stinger on a damn packrat. I’ll have to check them out. The only B.B. gun I have left is Dad’s original Red Ryder from the 1940’s.
Gave all mine away to the nephews years ago.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/23/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
goalie,
I thought I was quoting that post...one of my many fails!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looking for Daisy Air Rifle photos in my imgur. Didn't find any, but did find this ole Sheridan shot. Doesn't exactly fit the theme of this thread...because while it's old, it's definitely not "cheap". I like the photo, so I'm sharing.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
ya'll ever see Stick in his film Debut?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KSiyaqnZYs

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
They sure are a good way to get lots of good practice in. For a few dollars worth of pellets you could easily do as much shooting practice as one bloke here pretends to do with all his rusty rifles, and if there are small pests around you could do more hunting with it than he's ever done too, and you don't have to go far afield to do it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Now, that's funny... well done, Gitem.

ttpoz

in silvam ne ligna feras
(don't carry logs into the forest)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheKid
I keep my 60 year old .22 caliber Crossman handy by the back door to take care of pecan thieves. The crap sights coupled with the 12lb trigger makes perfect form and follow through essential. Whops the heck out of them when you connect though. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Great choice. My Benjamin 397 .177 is my all-time killin'est gun. I've gotten well over 1,000 squirrels with it.

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12

That's almost as old as his tree felling videos he posts.

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dan_oz
They sure are a good way to get lots of good practice in. For a few dollars worth of pellets you could easily do as much shooting practice as one bloke here pretends to do with all his rusty rifles, and if there are small pests around you could do more hunting with it than he's ever done too, and you don't have to go far afield to do it.

And, depending on where you hunt, much more relevant practice than shooting long range with a bipod or tripod.

Shooting this:

Ain't practice for hunting with this:

But, stinky can't have other people liking what he doesn't like.

I'm sure he'll be around to post his 81 with a f'SS and tape on it, saying 300 Savage is at least a 900 yard deer caliber if you got enough mils on the elevation and "windshield."

🙄

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ChrisF
goalie,
I thought I was quoting that post...one of my many fails!

You did, but for some reason the link didn't copy to the quote. I figured I would re-post the link in case anyone was actually reading about offhand practice with pellet guns.
wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You did, but for some reason the link didn't copy to the quote. I figured I would re-post the link in case anyone was actually reading about offhand practice with pellet guns.

Ya know...I posted the minute I saw I had something to help with, but had I read through the end and seen how this thread de-evolved I'd have probably walked away.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Eerily quiet, lil Kim musta brought the numerous pregnancy test to go over with the lazy bushelor… haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,015
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.